The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

If Brouwer is coming here, he could play second line and we send Raymond back, eliminating alot of softness from our top 6.

Our second line is definetly well suited for battles on the boards and Brouwer definetly fits that bill. Plus he has scoring hands.

lol IF washington is really looking at Luongo you'd think their GM will fly over to Vancouver to watch a game or something?? i doubt Gillis would be flying to every city that looks like they have a struggling goalie and trying to convince them to make a trade.. if that's the case.. it'll just make him look really desperate to get rid of 1 of the 2 goalies lol.

Personally, I'd rather keep both goalies here until the summer...

I think Kassquatch's performance has really surprised everyone including MG, his play has completed changed the dynamics of the Canucks allowing us to focus on other areas in need of improvement. If I was GM, I'd be thinking of the possible outcomes before I make a career defining move:

- I think it would be wise to wait and make a decision once the full line up is in place...have a look at our future needs instead of temporary. Let's see how we look once Booth and Kes are back, maybe high picks and prospects should be our focus?

- having these two between the pipes will ensure us a well-rested #1 during the playoffs and grade-A insurance

- I think more teams might be in the hunt for Lou increasing his trade value

- if Lou wins us the cup than his trade value would seriously skyrocket and if he doesn't, the blame will fall on Schneids....won't affect Lou's trade value

- Have another look at the two goalies for this season, let them both fight it out and than decide who will stick with the team.... Can Schneids handle the #1 role? Was it Lou who choked or was it injuries?

GMMG is writing his future Canucks obituary right now and I don't think he will make a hasty move... the only reason he should make a trade now is if it's something he can't refuse.

So for all of us armchair GMs on CDC, I think we might be closer to the mark if we included a trade that we thought wasn't possible......if a trade happens at all.

One last thought: Another team that will be looking at Lou soon or in the summer is NJ...Brodeur isn't playing too well now and I don't think NJ can rely on him for next year.

Maybe two: Did anyone read the article on Gaunce? This guy was a steal and I am excited to see him in the near future... 2012 - 2013; GP- 41, G- 20, A- 16, PIM- 28, +5

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home Have a close look at the picture....Gaunce looks huge!

This will be a BIG line with skills: Jensen / Gaunce / Kassquatch

lol IF washington is really looking at Luongo you'd think their GM will fly over to Vancouver to watch a game or something?? i doubt Gillis would be flying to every city that looks like they have a struggling goalie and trying to convince them to make a trade.. if that's the case.. it'll just make him look really desperate to get rid of 1 of the 2 goalies lol.

??? What's so hard to understand???

read s-l-o-w-l-y.....

If the Canucks win the Stanley Cup with Lou playing a huge role, his trade value goes up....

If we don't win the Cup than the blame will fall on Schneids because he has been nominated as #1.... so Lou won't get the blame for 'choking'.

It doesn't hurt Lou's trade value if MG decides to wait until the summer.....and there's a small chance his trade value will increase.

The only way Lu's value would go up winning the cup is if he was the starting goalie....Thus if we lost the cup the blame would have to be on him since he was starting.

I don't understand how his trade value could increase much at all if you win the cup as the backup...

The only way Lu's value would go up winning the cup is if he was the starting goalie....Thus if we lost the cup the blame would have to be on him since he was starting.

I don't understand how his trade value could increase much at all if you win the cup as the backup...

??? What's so hard to understand???

read s-l-o-w-l-y.....

If the Canucks win the Stanley Cup with Lou playing a huge role, his trade value goes up....

If we don't win the Cup than the blame will fall on Schneids because he has been nominated as #1.... so Lou won't get the blame for 'choking'.

It doesn't hurt Lou's trade value if MG decides to wait until the summer.....and there's a small chance his trade value will increase.

My take is why would any of these GMs admit they're interested in Luongo?

That would just start a bidding war if they seem so interested.

You also don't want to burn any bridges with potential players that could be in the trade.

So yes, I think GMs lie.

^^^

And right after I say that, I read this:

Craig Custance @CraigCustance

Mike Gillis reached out to George McPhee today, said wasn't his intention to create Luongo distraction in DC. McPhee appreciated the call.

Craig Custance @CraigCustance

McPhee on call today from Gillis: "That's a first-class thing to do."

Archived