392 replies to this topic

#331 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,082 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Heres my 3 cents. Washington is the only one of the 2 teams that could use a goalie.
TO WSH: Luongo, Higgins 1st round
TO VAN: Backstrom, Schultz
OR
TO WSH: Luongo, Tanev, 1st round pick
TO VAN: Forsberg, Holtby

First one take out Schultz and Washington would probably say yes. 2nd one :sadno:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#332 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

This is hilarious!

As much as Washington is struggling as a team right now and Holtby unable to get a very solid game under his belt. The Capitals are very UNlikely to trade for Luongo.

The team is commited to their goaltenders, contrary to a lot of comments on here Michal Neuvirth has been playing very well and is a very good young netminder with plenty of upside.

Braden Holtby had played very well last season, there was a very high chance that Holtby would come back down to reality and struggle somewhat this year, many hockey experts predicted this. He has a higher ceiling than Neuvirth but is a year behind in development. The team is happy with their netminders.

That said, if the team feels pressure maybe by ownership, or finds that they can make a deal for a Luongo that improves the team then as with any team they will explore the option.

I would have to say that a deal where Washington improves their team by acquiring Luongo likely does NOT involve moving one of Alzner or Carlson, or Backstrom, Ovechkin, Laich. As for Marcus Johansson, team's usually do not trade depreciated assets, meaning his stock is low, they would likely not move him until they could increase his value hence a better return.

Neuvirth playing well?
Thats a laugh- yes he had a couple of good games, but if you go back and watch the highlights, he is averaging 1-2 suspect goals per game, and some games he has been down right awful. Not to mention the fact that he lost his job to a highly unproven goalie last year and still has not convinced the coaching staff that he is the number 1-why else do they keep going back to Holtby?
Do not get me started on Neuvirth's stats...

the great thing (sarcasm) about guys like Neuvirth and Reimer is that yes they can play great- but when they do, the team better play great as well, otherwise the team wastes one of the few great performances these guys will have.

Neuvirth lacks consistency- like a lot of goalies his age. If I am McPhee I could wait a little longer, but I would know that Luongo trumps anything Washington has ever had between the pipes.

#333 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,548 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

I don't know enough about Johannson but if Laich + Broweur + Holtby is possbile I would take it.

Luongo, Raymond, Higgins.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Schroeder
Burrows Laich Brouwer
Hansen Lapierre Volpatti

Probably the best 3rd line this team has ever had, size, grit, fight, scoring, and fore check all in their 27-31 year old prime

Holtby with Schneider and Lack will be a great project to always have a goaltender than can perform at an insane level.

2nd line with Schroeder may be risky but, if it doesn't work we can always throw Hansen Burrows or Brouwer up there.

People have said our bottom 6 of

Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Volpatti/Malhotra/Ebbett

Can get it done, I don't know what they're smoking.

Higgins has evaporated, and if Raymond and Schroeder are our 3rd line going into playoffs I may just cheer for another team lol.

We aren't have a 3rd line that is going to have a cap hit of 12.6 million next year.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#334 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Neuvirth playing well?
Thats a laugh- yes he had a couple of good games, but if you go back and watch the highlights, he is averaging 1-2 suspect goals per game, and some games he has been down right awful. Not to mention the fact that he lost his job to a highly unproven goalie last year and still has not convinced the coaching staff that he is the number 1-why else do they keep going back to Holtby?
Do not get me started on Neuvirth's stats...

the great thing (sarcasm) about guys like Neuvirth and Reimer is that yes they can play great- but when they do, the team better play great as well, otherwise the team wastes one of the few great performances these guys will have.

Neuvirth lacks consistency- like a lot of goalies his age. If I am McPhee I could wait a little longer, but I would know that Luongo trumps anything Washington has ever had between the pipes.

I believe Neuvirth was injured at the end of last season, he never lost the number 1 job because he was not 100% where as Holtby was and Neuvirth was not labelled number one anyways.

My point is and I can agree there are suspect goals involved in Neuvirth's play, that both Neuvirth and Holtby the organization is comfortable with moving forward. And with the exception of Kolzig you are right Luongo would trump anyting Washington has ever had in goal.

Washington's problem is both of their netminders are not at where they could be when their respective potential is reached, do they wait and develop or go for a netminder who is at an elite level now, not saying either Holtby or Neuvirth would ever be as good as Luongo either.
Posted Image

#335 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Tom Wilson is overrated. No way I'd even consider him unless it's a throw in. Kid is all potential at the moment, nothing else. He's a big slow kid, who's tough. His Offensive skill is worst than Lucic was at the same age, and you can only pray that he develops like Lucic did. BTW Kassian shown to be better offensively than both of them at the same age. Tom Wilson is a guy, who needs to develop and you won't know what your going to get until 3-4 years down the road, but so far it hasn't been convincing. It looks more like he's going into a Eric Fehr type.

The skill guys Washington has, should hold much more value. You won't get Forsberg, you wouldn't want Kuznetsov, I still like Marcus Johansson. Easily replaces Raymond long term, whether he'd be on the 3rd line or 2nd line wing. The 2nd line needs a playmaker, with hockey IQ(Johansson) to pass the puck to Kesler. The only time Raymond has been successful is when he started passing, and he ended up scoring 25 goals. Now, he's thinking he's a goal scorer, he'll never gel with Kesler. Higgins will be the man, once Kesler is back because of chemistry. Raymond may fit on the 3rd line, if Schroeder becomes the 3rd line center.

None of the pieces above should be the center piece because your trading a elite goaltender. Only way you make the deal if there is a player that pushes you over the top. No prospect does that, therefore you can wait until off season.Makes no sense for the Canucks to acquire a Dman. Backstrom isn't going anywhere. Liach is too expensive.

Best case scenerio and if the media is right, Gillis is at the game to try to get one of the teams that is actually in Luongo to pay more.

Edited by Rey, 04 February 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#336 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

if Lu gets traded there, my money is on Ribeiro being part of the deal.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#337 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Also of note, I'm sure Tallon is sitting there thinking about the possibility of Luongo going to a division rival for the next 10 years.

May put a little more pressure on Florida to do something.

Gillis is taking in the Florida/Winnipeg game next apparently.

I actually hadn't considered this, but it would make a lot of sense. Gillis got plenty of face time and discussion on a nationally broadcast game in the U.S.

With Lui having the second best stats in the league right now and with some of the teams who we think would have interest in Lui currently struggling, no doubt Gillis is pulling out all the stops to strike while the iron is hot and while Lui's value is as high as it's been since the end of last season.

Edited by MJDDawg, 04 February 2013 - 01:20 AM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#338 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

if Lu gets traded there, my money is on Ribeiro being part of the deal.

If Ribeiro is going to be dealt, it'll be at deadline when/if Washington is out of the playoff picture. No reason for Washington to trade their 2nd line center at the moment. Kids aren't ready yet.

#339 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Washington:

Luongo
Ballard

Vancouver:

Wilson/Orlov
Johansson
Hamrlik

--

We get our 3rd line center, a prospect and salary dump.

Hamrlik is a UFA and Ballard has 2 more years. So that saves us a buyout and gets rid of 2 big contracts.

#340 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

There's one thing if we are looking for someone who knows how to freeze a goalie on the shootout, Hendricks is a SHOOT OUT GOD!

Kevin.jpg

#341 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

I believe Neuvirth was injured at the end of last season, he never lost the number 1 job because he was not 100% where as Holtby was and Neuvirth was not labelled number one anyways.

My point is and I can agree there are suspect goals involved in Neuvirth's play, that both Neuvirth and Holtby the organization is comfortable with moving forward. And with the exception of Kolzig you are right Luongo would trump anyting Washington has ever had in goal.

Washington's problem is both of their netminders are not at where they could be when their respective potential is reached, do they wait and develop or go for a netminder who is at an elite level now, not saying either Holtby or Neuvirth would ever be as good as Luongo either.

I see your points, but WSH feels they are more of a "win now" team- in any case they can keep Neuvirth or Holtby or even both if Gillis does not ask for a goalie back. Neuvirth could use some mentorship from a true star and Holtby could use some time in the AHL- he has had truly 2 bad goals each game

#342 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

after seeing that shootout stuff

Brouwer
Hendricks
2013 1st

for
Luongo
Raymond

#343 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Realistically, WSH is one of our only real trade partners.
Ovechkin is the face of their franchise, and they can continue to build around him and Luongo.

You look at Toronto, if they let go of Bozak/Kadri they have no team left...Kessel unlike OV cannot carry that team and is struggling big time right now.

Florida, same as Toronto, but more so as we are targeting Weiss and Bjugstad, core pieces to their current/future team. So they will have to build around Versteegand Luongo.

Edited by adniel_g, 04 February 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#344 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

after seeing that shootout stuff

Brouwer
Hendricks
2013 1st

for
Luongo
Raymond

some of you feel this is an underpayment but the questions are...

Is Tom Wilson going to help us at all- he may never make the NHL
Johansson is not able to carry a stanley cup contending 3rd line and is softer than Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, and looks like he is a bit of a good time charlie when it comes to getting points.

I want this trade over and done with

There are rumours that McPhee may be more interested in Schneider-I'm fine with that...schneider could be a franchise player so the trade should reflect that.

Brouwer
Carlsson
2013 1st

for

Schneider
Cannauton

This is very fair-Carlsson is 23, 6'3 plays the right side D pairing and already has 2 30 point seasons under his belt. Do what you will with Keith Ballard afterwards- although Keith is looking real good right now.

2013 will be a deep draft

Cannauton helps take some of the sting out of losing carlsson

#345 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

There's one thing if we are looking for someone who knows how to freeze a goalie on the shootout, Hendricks is a SHOOT OUT GOD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5A4Ri2iZo

LOL that's even more sick than Burrows' move.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#346 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Johansson is not able to carry a stanley cup contending 3rd line and is softer than Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, and looks like he is a bit of a good time charlie when it comes to getting points.

There are rumours that McPhee may be more interested in Schneider-I'm fine with that...schneider could be a franchise player so the trade should reflect that.

Brouwer
Carlsson
2013 1st

for

Schneider
Cannauton

This is very fair-Carlsson is 23, 6'3 plays the right side D pairing and already has 2 30 point seasons under his belt. Do what you will with Keith Ballard afterwards- although Keith is looking real good right now.

yeah but how will the lineups look? Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Garrison are already a notch for top 4 minutes. Then we have Ballard and Tanev who are playing outstanding right now. There's no room. Only option is to slot Ballard onto the 4th line and then have Carlson play.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#347 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

No matter what, we better not trade Luongo. 2nd best goalie statistically in the NHL right now, a world-class goalie in his early 30's just coming into his prime.

Get rid of the younger goalie who's got at least another 3 to 5 seasons before he hits his prime.
Posted Image

#348 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Brouwer
Carlsson
2013 1st

for

Schneider
Cannauton

Anyone watching Conn this year would run a mile from that. :)
Kevin.jpg

#349 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hendricks and Alzner for

Schneider and Schroeder.
Kevin.jpg

#350 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,082 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

POPULAR

Hendricks and Alzner for

Schneider and Schroeder.

Safe to say I just threw up in my mouth :sick: Gross overpayment by us.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#351 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

If a trade is going to happen with Washington my bet would be:

Brouwer
Forsberg
1st

for

Lou
Raymond
Cannauton

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#352 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb5A4Ri2iZo

LOL @ Thomas' reaction.
Posted Image

#353 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I like the idea of Brouwer period. It give the bottom 6 depth grit and scoring that seems to disappear in the playoffs. Which would filter down to the bottom six. Something like this would look pretty strong.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Burrows
Brouwer Schroeder Hansen
Volpatti Lapierre Higgins

( Booth and Brouwer could swap places if Booth struggles cause Schroeder is a set up man. I don't see Booth really working out with the Canucks as Kesler is a shoot first center)

What I"d want from Washington is
Brouwer, Filip Forsberg and their 2013 1st round draft pick.

LU
Raymond or Higgins
or even Matt Hendricks might be added for a year.

Eventual Cap hit reality could look something like

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Jansen Kesler Burrows
Brouwer Schroeder Foresberg
Volpatti Lappierre Hansen ( Av would have to be gone as he has no idea how coach youth.)

Edited by cc_devil, 04 February 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#354 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

LOL @ Thomas' reaction.

I know right? Just for that alone he should be a Canuck!!

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#355 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

No matter what, we better not trade Luongo. 2nd best goalie statistically in the NHL right now, a world-class goalie in his early 30's just coming into his prime.

Get rid of the younger goalie who's got at least another 3 to 5 seasons before he hits his prime.

Dude, I love Luongo too, but you can't just make things up. This post is nonsense.

#356 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Washington:

Luongo
Ballard

Vancouver:

Wilson/Orlov
Johansson
Hamrlik

--

We get our 3rd line center, a prospect and salary dump.

Hamrlik is a UFA and Ballard has 2 more years. So that saves us a buyout and gets rid of 2 big contracts.

no

#357 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

If Brouwer is coming here, he could play second line and we send Raymond back, eliminating alot of softness from our top 6.

Our second line is definetly well suited for battles on the boards and Brouwer definetly fits that bill. Plus he has scoring hands.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#358 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Luongo's contract not one WSH would entertain. That said, Caps' netminding not sharp of late but will ride it with Neuwirth-Holtby for now.

15 minutes ago

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With regard to VAN's Gillis-Gilman in WSH yesterday, Caps haven't spoken to VAN about Luongo and apparently no appetite to do so.

Edited by CB007, 04 February 2013 - 09:16 AM.

Posted Image

#359 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,082 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

If Brouwer is coming here, he could play second line and we send Raymond back, eliminating alot of softness from our top 6.

Our second line is definetly well suited for battles on the boards and Brouwer definetly fits that bill. Plus he has scoring hands.

I'd try to get Laich as well. Just imagine how deep our forward line up would be

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Schroeder
Burrows - Laich - Brouwer
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

:mellow:

#360 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Luongo's contract not one WSH would entertain. That said, Caps' netminding not sharp of late but will ride it with Neuwirth-Holtby for now.

15 minutes ago

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With regard to VAN's Gillis-Gilman in WSH yesterday, Caps haven't spoken to VAN about Luongo and apparently no appetite to do so.

If true, that sucks... On the the next team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.