392 replies to this topic

#61 Bleed Blue and Green

Bleed Blue and Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Like I said Brouwer + Tom Wilson two weeks ago, Ehem..

Tom Wilson would be sick

DeeCanucksBlog7_zps935c66c6.jpg

#62 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

So he's the next Schneider?

Schneider's actually is good
Holtby seems nothing greater than the flash in the pan playoff rookie that wows for a week - they show up every now and then and fade into obscurity a season later

#63 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

I highly doubt Washington will be willing to make their current NHL roster worse to add Luongo. They are in a win now mentality feeling the pressure. You'll get Forsberg before getting Carlson or Alzner

I don' think MG will get Carlson either, but maybe Alzner. I don't think we'll get Brouwer, instead it will be Ward. But I'd be happy if we did though.

I said a couple of weeks ago that Washington is a real possibility and I posted the deal would be MoJo + Joel Ward For Lu and Raymond.

I still think it will be along those lines.

#64 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Your being sarcastic right?Luongo would never in a million years be traded for ovi.

Look at the Gretzky trade.

<i> On August 9, 1988, in a move that heralded significant change in the NHL, the Oilers traded Gretzky, along with McSorley and Krushelnyski, to the Kings for Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million in cash, and the Kings' first-round draft picks in 1989 (later traded to the New Jersey Devils – New Jersey selected Jason Miller), 1991 (Martin Rucinsky), and 1993 (Nick Stajduhar) </i> -Wikipedia

Edmonton gave up the greatest player of all time, in his prime and after winning 5 cups, for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas and 3 draft picks. And you're telling me that WSH wouldn't move Ovi after multiple years of playoff failures and being publically upset with the coaching staff in WSH?

Edited by debluvscanucks, 03 February 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#65 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

MG won't take the risk with a Russian, he won't sacrifice Luongo for a guy who may never come to the NHL.

Agreed. But I don't think any GM would as Kuznetsov can't come over and help the team for 2 years anyways.

But if he did come over Kuznetsov will definitely be a top 6 player, top 3 on many teams in the NHL.

Edited by WHL rocks, 03 February 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#66 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

This reminds me of the draft from a couple seasons ago when Gillis was seen talking with Yzerman. Which obviously meant that we were getting Stamkos!!

This time, we are getting Crosby and Ovechkin in a wicked 3 team trade!!!
Posted Image

#67 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,952 posts

That was just the weirdest goal on Vokoun.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#68 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

I believe Brouwer would be an excellent fit on this team. I also believe the bad blood between him and the Canucks would be buried.

Luongo is playing amazing. Unless trading Luongo brought a huge return, don't trade Luongo.

This team needs a shake-up and an injection of offensive talent. Trade anyone you have to in order to get it or the Nucks arn't going anywhere.

#69 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,460 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Holtby Forsberg/Mojo Brouwer/Orlov will be my guess.

No way Washington gives up a key piece of their current roster.

I've actually been saying Washington since last summer. Finally there might be some reality to my thoughts

#70 Canucks1527

Canucks1527

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Luongo to caps for laich and neuvirth.

#71 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Kuznetsov will definetly be in the top 6. He's a big, strong and very skilled centerman. Only thing is Kuznetsov won't come over next year as he's signed with KHL.

I didn't say he wouldn't be in the top-6. I said I disagree with slotting him directly into the top-6, therefore demoting a proven Canuck (Alex Burrows) to the third line. Make this kid, who has not had an NHL shift, prove himself on the third line.

#72 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

This reminds me of the draft from a couple seasons ago when Gillis was seen talking with Yzerman. Which obviously meant that we were getting Stamkos!!

I'm not saying it's going to happen, or even that I think it will happen. I wouldn't put it past Gillis, though, to make a play for Ovechkin IF the Capitals are entertaining trading him. Gillis has shown that he's the type of GM who is willing to make a splash or do something drastic. Remember when he made that 2 year, $20 million offer to Sundin? Who saw that coming?

Again, I don't think it'll happen, but really only because I don't believe Ovechkin is available. If he was available, absolutely I believe Gillis would make a serious play for him.

#73 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I told you Lu is going to D.C.

Just MG playing the game. Making it look like a deal is close with Washington to get the other teams off their butts and anti-up. :bigblush:

Your probably right.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#74 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm not saying it's going to happen, or even that I think it will happen. I wouldn't put it past Gillis, though, to make a play for Ovechkin IF the Capitals are entertaining trading him. Gillis has shown that he's the type of GM who is willing to make a splash or do something drastic. Remember when he made that 2 year, $20 million offer to Sundin? Who saw that coming?

Again, I don't think it'll happen, but really only because I don't believe Ovechkin is available. If he was available, absolutely I believe Gillis would make a serious play for him.

The 2 year, 20 million offer was incredibly idiotic and we have to thank Mats for not taking it. If he did, we would have lost the Sedins to free agency as we wouldn't have had the cap space. That offer was one of Gillis's worst moves - the one year deal was far better.

#75 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Is it not possible for MG and Yzerman to have been talking about a potetial trade involving any other Lightning player other than Stamkos?

Is it not possible for MG to talk to Pens or Caps about any other player other than Crosby or Ovechkin?

I'm curious why ppl think in such extreme scenarios? Why does a possible trade discussion automatically have to include super stars?

Edited by WHL rocks, 03 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#76 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

The Caps would need some offense going their way too (Higgins or Booth maybe, Raymond if they think they can re-sign him), but they would totally relish Luongo.

#77 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

The 2 year, 20 million offer was incredibly idiotic and we have to thank Mats for not taking it. If he did, we would have lost the Sedins to free agency as we wouldn't have had the cap space. That offer was one of Gillis's worst moves - the one year deal was far better.

Idiotic or not, my point is that Gillis is willing to be bold. He's also the kind of GM that doesn't screw around when it comes to actual talent. It's kind of like his mantra at the draft table. At least in the 1st round, he doesn't go off the board and he doesn't ignore talent that falls for whatever reason. When Schroeder fell in the 2009 draft - he was slated to be a top 10 pick - he didn't hesitate to grab him. Same with Gaunce last summer. Gillis isn't a follower. He doesn't have the kind of mindset like so many armchair GM's out there where he's saying to himself "Hmm, Schroeder is still available but NOOO way I take him. He's too small". When he sees talent he wants it. If Ovechkin was out there to be had, he'd be the first one in line.

#78 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Laich?

#79 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Exciting stuff! I would totally prefer Luongo going to Washington or Pitts than Toronto. Washington does have some pieces worth trading for. It feels like something is close now.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#80 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

This team needs a shake-up and an injection of offensive talent. Trade anyone you have to in order to get it or the Nucks arn't going anywhere.

Absolutely disagree.

Explain why this team needs a shake-up.

This team will be getting an injection of offensive talent when Kesler and Booth return.

I disagree whole-heartedly. I believe in loyalty and trust. I believe there are players on this team who have earned the right not to be traded, by sacrificing themselves for the team, participating in the community, displaying character, etc. By trading these types of players, the organization would be trading their identity.

#81 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Please no Roberto Luongo trade...i'm planning a trip to Vancouver again in June...just wouldn't be the same without Bobby Lu in goal for the SCF!

#82 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

No to Ovi.....Some of you are just a laugh!

His contract is bad? Have some perspective people. Not too long ago he was a superstar scoring 50+ goals and 100+ points every year. Of course he got signed to money like that. Nobody, not even the smartest GM in the world, could have forseen this sudden plummet by Ovechkin and his other star teammates.

If Gillis had a chance to land a player the calibre of Ovechkin, he should pull the trigger. Those wanting a grinder like Troy bleepin' Brouwer or ANOTHER defenseman that we don't need are just....I'm not even going there. Get your heads checked.

Not a chance would I want that contract for what I would cost to acquire it. Sure he's good when he wants to be but he is very one dimensional and if he's not scoring 60 goals every year he's not worth it.

Gillis has built a team of "team players" that are almost all signed to good contracts. We just don't have room for a huge contract 1 trick pony.

I'd have no problem trading huge package for Crosby or Malkin, but hell no for ovi. I just don't trust him to put up 60 goals a year.

If they traded him they would have no use for luongo

#83 Peejay

Peejay

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Will be johansson, brouwer, and holtby for Lou and Schroeder

#84 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Or they could of gone to the game just to watch the game and nothing else, just to troll the media some more. :P

Posted Image

#85 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

You won't get Forsberg. Kuznetsov won't come over for at least 2 years if at all.

There's always a price. whether we'd be willing to pay or not
To Van
Johansson
Forsberg
Poti
Ward

To WSH
Luongo
Booth
1st 2014
Tanev or K.Connauton

#86 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

No to Russians, No to Kuznetsov, No to Johansson he is soft and the beneficiary of playing with ovi, backstrom etc...

Yes to any 2 of
Laich
Brouwer
Carlsson
Orlov
Wilson
Forsberg
1st 2013

#87 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Would Ovi play with the Sedins or on Keslers line?? Would Keslers line become the 1st if Ovi was put there??

Would we use an all forward powerplay?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Kesler-Ovi

Sooo many ??????? ZOMG!

#88 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Probably stopped in on the way to the Super Bowl. Boys day out.

Posted Image

#89 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Anyone know how often do GMs go scouting when making a trade? It feels as though as much as it could be a genuine scout it could also be tactical move to light a fire under other GMs. What it does say for sure is, MG wants Lu out asap.

#90 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

I could see laich ++ or Brouwer ++ laich would be good third line center and I love brouwers toughness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.