The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

Absolutely disagree.

Explain why this team needs a shake-up.

This team will be getting an injection of offensive talent when Kesler and Booth return.

I disagree whole-heartedly. I believe in loyalty and trust. I believe there are players on this team who have earned the right not to be traded, by sacrificing themselves for the team, participating in the community, displaying character, etc. By trading these types of players, the organization would be trading their identity.

Johansson put up 46 points last season as a 21 year old. That would have put him 6th on our team in scoring (3 back of Kesler).

He is that good. The only question is, do we really need a center prospect now that Schroeder is showing he can play at the next level.

No to Ovi.....Some of you are just a laugh!

His contract is bad? Have some perspective people. Not too long ago he was a superstar scoring 50+ goals and 100+ points every year. Of course he got signed to money like that. Nobody, not even the smartest GM in the world, could have forseen this sudden plummet by Ovechkin and his other star teammates.

If Gillis had a chance to land a player the calibre of Ovechkin, he should pull the trigger. Those wanting a grinder like Troy bleepin' Brouwer or ANOTHER defenseman that we don't need are just....I'm not even going there. Get your heads checked.

It doesn't make sense for either Washington or the Canucks to acquire/trade Carlsson. The Canucks shouldn't be looking for a defense man unless they are ready to trade one. Too early for Washington to give up Forsberg. Wouldn't go near Kuznetsov. Like Tom Wilson's toughness, but he's too slow.

Brouwer, Johanssen, and Holtby would make the best sense. Adds toughness, size, and durability in Brouwer. Johanssen can play wing or center, on the 2nd line or 3rd. Lots of skill. Holtby will challenge Schneider to be better and stay competitive.

I don't understand why people want D-men or borderline top-6 players in return for Lu. The Canucks D is deep, and we have way too many borderline top-6ers (Raymond, Booth, Kassian, Schroeder). If we're trying to win a cup in the next couple years, I think we need a bonafide top-6 winger. IMO nothing else is really worth losing a star goalie for. If we can't get that in return for Luongo, maybe we should look at moving Schneider?

I know some people will say we should be looking for quality prospects here, but we're trying to follow the Detroit model, which is based on good drafting - NOT shipping off star players for unproven prospects.

Hmmm... Interesting... I wonder if this is all smoke and no fire or what... The Canucks have points in all but two games, and they still haven't played their best yet... One has to wonder if this is just show or is Gillis gonna pull the trigger

Archived