The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

Also of note, I'm sure Tallon is sitting there thinking about the possibility of Luongo going to a division rival for the next 10 years.

May put a little more pressure on Florida to do something.

Gillis is taking in the Florida/Winnipeg game next apparently.

So Gillis and Gillman fly 2500 miles to take in a Caps/Pens game, and their GM doesn't have one single conversation with them? I call BS. McPhee wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't at least inquire about Luongo.

The Canucks have scouts to go and watch games. Management wouldn't be out there unless there was some serious business to take care of.

The fact that their reporters denied it so quickly and adamently, means there is something going on.

The quicker GM's come out and try and do damage control, the more likely it is that they're lying.

Their GM likely doesn't want the word getting out, because then if a deal doesn't get done, he looks incompetant, and the goalies that they do have are left sitting there thinking that the GM doesn't have faith in them.

It's not just stats. It's having a game-breaker and the diversity of offense and threat the other team has to manage that would make Ovi desireable. The Sedins on teh 1st line with Ovi on the second would be a nightmare for teams to defend against and you could always throw Avi on the first line when you're pushing ofr a goal. His physical presence and one-timer would be lights-out with Hank and Dank feeding him.

Likely a pipe dream.

i didnt say he wouldnt be awesome. I just wouldnt pay a player 9.5 million unless his name is crosby or malkin and i sure as hell wouldnt gut our team to get him. It would reverse everything we have built in the past 5 years and that seems to be working better than what washington has.

Archived