The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting tomorrow

cmpunk

Let me get this straight..

It seems as if most people want Schneider to start JUST because he is our FUTURE? I call bull! You play the goalie that gives you a BETTER chance to win.. Right now, that is BOBBY LUO!

I could see AV starting Schneids, getting a loss, and people on CDC going crazy. Nothing can please most of you!

So quit your b!tch!ing!

When GM MG said there was a possible deal in place but for a player nobody thought....could it be Ginger?

Realistaclly the amount of crap the media has shot at Luongo and the controversy they created he is most likely to be dealt, even though IMO it's a major mistake.

I don't blame the fans (well some of you) but after hearing 18,000+ singing Lou's name the other night it is plain to see that the majority of Canucks fans think trading him is a mistake as well.

Glad to see Luongo is not going to give up HIS team as easily as everyone thought, and this is HIS team until he is traded.

schneider is 26

luongo is 33 soon to be 34

so at best luongo has 6 years left in him if he does play til 40 now whether he stays as good as brodeur in his old age nobody knows

schneider if you consider luongo playing til 40 he has 14 years left in him still and is just entering his prime right now he is the future its as simple as that its not a bash against luongo its about who has more left in the tank

my bad about the age even better that he is younger than what i thought

Exactly.

We're obviously riding the hot goaltender like we have been doing for a while now. When we are winning, we are winning. Plus, it's a great way to showcase that Lou still has what it takes and it raises his value big time for the eventual trade.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Or maybe, AV is letting Luongo get all these starts to have Lu enjoy his last bit of time with the Canucks and its city?!

Lol jk or am i??

This is purely logical on two accounts

- Luo is hot and you play the hot goalie

- Luo is going to be moved for one helluva package, and this is part of Gillis' bluff - that he's comfortable keeping Luo and Luo keeps earning starts - this simply expedites the end of the lowballing.

Patience Cory.

We really don't know who they are looking at trading anymore, at first it was pretty clear it would of been Luongo, but now it's to hard to say because we really don't know our GM. Look at the Cody trade, MG came out pubilcly and said they were show casing Cody for a trade putting him in more offensive roles, which still doesn't make sense since the kid was already producing offensively, but w/e this is what Gillis said he was doing with him.

Maybe they see Luongo on a hot streak at the moment and want to run with it by show casing him by having him playing and think if he keeps playing well they will finally be able to get what they have been wanting for him. Or they feel Luongo looks like his old self again and will continue to be the #1 and they are now looking at a whole differen't direction in what they are wanting to get for if they trade Schneider, it's the fact that we don't even know our GM so we really don't know what is going to happen.

Yeah Nino(clown) say whatever comforts you. They showcased him against Chicago, a good skillful team, doesn't need showcasing against the Edmonton Oilers, this won't prove anything. He is simply playing because he is the number 1 still, and his play and numbers clearly prove it.

He is not a rookie, he is 10 year elite goalie, Olympic gold medalist Roberto Luongo. Can't argue this no matter how hard you try.

Well if they wanted to trade Cory we would be showcasing him vs. the oilers.

Why didn't you get banned? I always thought that threatening members with violance was an automatic ban? And your still at it with the name calling, what are you 12?

Well if they wanted to trade Cory we would be showcasing him vs. the oilers.

Why didn't you get banned? I always thought that threatening members with violance was an automatic ban? And your still at it with the name calling, what are you 12?

Archived