The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting tomorrow

cmpunk

Luongo is playing lights out right now. Why wouldn't you run with the hot goalie? I really doubt a week and a half would change the future of this team long term. Luongo will still be traded at some point.

Besides, him playing this well, would only drive up his value.

His plan, in his own paraphrased words, was that if both goalies were here for the start of the season then both goalies were going to fight for their position just like every other player.

He doesn't have to adapt his plan because this was the plan. The media created everything else and many fans spread it like the gospel.

Anyone who thinks MG is going to pull the trigger on any deal involving one of our goaltenders before Ryan Kesler and David Booth comes back is out to lunch on this situation.

Gillis hasn't even had the chance to evaluate his full and complete roster to assess which positions need to be addressed in return for a goaltender... And knowing how meticulous Gillis is, don't expect us to make any moves before we have a chance to see how good our team is in front of both Roberto and Cory...

If our team looks dominant, and I mean 2011 dominant, I can easily see Gillis standing pat and going into the playoffs with two elite goaltenders. The only difference is, Schneider is on par with Luongo this time, and if Luongo falters, AV won't hesitate to put Schneider in - say games like games 4 or 6 vs Boston.

Right now, it's Luongo's net.

yes, trading luongo over schneider due to their respective ages makes some sense, until you consider what would come back for schneider.

if, for example, a deal with washington materialized and the canucks shipped out schneider for a return that included braden holtby, is that not a win win situation? you keep luongo, who looks spectacular, for the present, and you have holtby as a capable back up and he gets to be groomed under luongo the same way schneider was for the future.

I think people here are forgetting one thing, this whole subject is much like selling a car off a car lot. You leave what you have on the lot and do your best to show them off BUT <--- at the end of the day it's up to the BUYER what car they want to buy.

If someone wants Lou or CS and has the deal then that's the deal.. simple as that. From what i've seen here in these couple of threads the other side of the coin seems to been forgotten, it really doesn't matter who our fave goalie is or who we want to see stay or go.

Are you serious? There have been some huge question marks for GM's (including our own) behind Lou's play with us in the last couple of years. If you think that a player needs to be a rookie to be showcased you're delusional. His play so far this year is showing interested GM's that he can still play and that he is worth more than they are offering.

Last couple years:

2010/2011: 60 starts, 38 wins, 2.11 GAA, .923 SV%

2011/2012: 55 starts, 31 wins, 2.41 GAA, .919 SV%

Also, he played 27 playoff games during that timeframe.

The only "question marks" have been invented by the media and nuts like us on CDC...

Archived