The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting tomorrow

cmpunk

His plan, in his own paraphrased words, was that if both goalies were here for the start of the season then both goalies were going to fight for their position just like every other player.

He doesn't have to adapt his plan because this was the plan. The media created everything else and many fans spread it like the gospel.

Same posters and same arguments as every Lu vs Schneids thread.

No matter what goalie they keep/play, the real issue is the rest of the team and the continuing lack of offensive production. They play good defense most of the time and have great goaltending.

They need more offense!!

Let me get this straight, some CDC'ers think that we should keep Lu and trade Schnieder because Lu has played 3 good games this year?

Well what happens when Lu goes cold and has 3 bad games? Those same fans will be calling for his head, but it will be too late, Schnieder will be gone and we'll be stuck with Lu, and he'll choke in the playoffs again and we'll lose a series we could have won with the more consistent Schnieder.

Lu's a superstar and will get a better return than Schneider because Lu has consistently put up good numbers year after year. Schnieds has only played 60 games in his NHL career. No team is going to give up a major player in return for an unproven goal tender but they will give up a major peice in return for a proven elite.

Lu had his chances in Van. Now it is time to pass the torch to Corey and give him a shot.

I think they are better off with Cory. Lu has a history of letting his emotion's effect his game. Every year I hope to see that he's improved it that area. Maybe he has this year. The question is would you bet on it? I wish I could say I would .I'm not so sure. But in the end we have to sit back & watch what happens. What ever moves the managment makes will provide us with a lot to talk about. I really hope they make a move soon so this story comes to an end. So whom ever is left with a Canuck jersey on can stop having to answer all the questions about how they feel about the situation. Just focus on bringing the Cup here.

I think they are better off with Cory. Lu has a history of letting his emotion's effect his game. Every year I hope to see that he's improved it that area. Maybe he has this year. The question is would you bet on it? I wish I could say I would .I'm not so sure. But in the end we have to sit back & watch what happens. What ever moves the managment makes will provide us with a lot to talk about. I really hope they make a move soon so this story comes to an end. So whom ever is left with a Canuck jersey on can stop having to answer all the questions about how they feel about the situation. Just focus on bringing the Cup here.

not surprised. Lu is one of the hottest goalies in the league right now... i see this kind of like last years situation where cory kept the job even after luongo was healthy untill that game against nashville when lu replaced him. the kid will get back in there and if he's real solid he will keep the job. having 2 #1s is all about playing the hot hand

I think Smashian said it best in a post in another thread when he said theres no question Lu is a top goalie and you shouldnt be surprised he's playing this good. The best thing going forward for this team though is to move forward with CS just based on the fact that there is a switch in Lus head if he lets in a bad playoff goal, the flood gates open. It doesnt only get in his head but the entire team and the province of bc's head... Lu's a great goalie and a great guy and will flourish with a change of scenery but i dont think vancouver is the place to do that anymore. The teams last meltdown cost us a cup and we need to move on from that.

Luongo has choked too many times in the playoffs, regular season performance isn't any indication of whos the starter. Cory Schneider hasn't been kept all these years only to be traded when he's finally arrived as a starter and received a new contract .

Luongo will be traded at some point , count on it. Youth is the future.

Luongo has choked too many times in the playoffs, regular season performance isn't any indication of whos the starter. Cory Schneider hasn't been kept all these years only to be traded when he's finally arrived as a starter and received a new contract .

Luongo will be traded at some point , count on it. Youth is the future.

Archived