Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo starting tomorrow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
189 replies to this topic

#181 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

schneider is the future has more years left in him luongo needs to be moved in the off season his time is closing and will soon be past his prime then we have to deal with an aging goalie also 8 games in doesn't change the plans for gillis to trade luongo

You're right when you say Schneider have more years left than Luongo, but that's only because he's younger. There is one important thing you should think about, our actual core group is about the same age as Luongo, so all togheter they can still win the Cup. Schneider, when he will be at his best, our actual core will be too old and when our young guys will be at their prime, Schneider will be too old.

Trade Schneider with Booth, try to get the proven playoffs scorer(Cammalleri) and keep about the same group for about the next 3 years and hope we will win the Stanley Cup, if we won't just rebuild our team with guys like Jensen, Kassian, Gaunce, Shroeder, Connauton, Tanev, Sauver and Lack.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#182 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Luongo starts against the the Oilers..why?...He's on a roll and playing lights out...On the other hand,I bet Schneider is already penciled in against Minny because,historically,Luongo has always been terrible in the Wilds home rink.

Luongo is our go to net minder but for the life of me what are AV and MG playing at?

They either have had word down "from on high" that Cory will be another Lu or they are planning on trading Schneider OR they are looking to make the biggest mistake of their careers.

If Lu leaves and Cory doesn't cut it I will be very unhappy with the both of them. If we still intend to trade Lu then Schneider should be playing almost every night and to hell with the "hot hand"

We need to know if Cory has a "hot hand" before we are totally shafted in this matter.

Edited by Bodee, 04 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#183 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Luongo is our go to net minder but for the life of me what are AV and MG playing at?

They either have had word down "from on high" that Cory will be another Lu or they are planning on trading Schneider OR they are looking to make the biggest mistake of their careers.

If Lu leaves and Cory doesn't cut it I will be very unhappy with the both of them. If we still intend to trade Lu then Schneider should be playing almost every night and to hell with the "hot hand"

We need to know if Cory has a "hot hand" before we are totally shafted in this matter.

pretty much this, if we're planning on trading Luongo then why is he getting so many starts? They aren't showcasing him, they don't need to, everyone already knows how good he is. If Schneider is going to be our starter they should be playing him so he can get used to handling the load, I think there's more going on here than we think.

#184 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

pretty much this, if we're planning on trading Luongo then why is he getting so many starts? They aren't showcasing him, they don't need to, everyone already knows how good he is. If Schneider is going to be our starter they should be playing him so he can get used to handling the load, I think there's more going on here than we think.

And you know that they are not showcasing him because? If they were going to trade Cory they would be showcasing him and he would be playing tonight because unlike Lou he is not a proven vet goalie. I think there is less to it then you think but who's to say who is right only time will tell.

#185 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

And you know that they are not showcasing him because? If they were going to trade Cory they would be showcasing him and he would be playing tonight because unlike Lou he is not a proven vet goalie. I think there is less to it then you think but who's to say who is right only time will tell.

You just proved everyone's point. You just said it yourself, Lou is a proven vet goalie. Yet for some reason you still think a proven vet needs to be showcased.

Luongo is playing because he is hot, 2nd in the NHL in GAA and SV% and his winning. Simple, why is it so hard for you to get this.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#186 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's a short season, there's no time for back to back losses, play who's hot and deal with everything when the seasons over.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#187 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

This situation can be spun a million different ways... You would think if they weren't sold on Cory he would be playing the majority of the games now to see what they have in him.. So MG must be pretty confident in what they have in Cory.. Or If they are planning on trading Cory why isn't he being showcased.. surely if you think he hasnt proven enough to take the reins here then other GMs must be of that opinion.

Its likely as simple as we think.. Luongo is the hot hand and why not use him. Cory will likely be back in next game, im sure if he plays lights out he'll get a run of games now also. Here's another spin...Cory is getting a ton of rest now because when Luongo gets dealt he's going to be getting most of the minutes. Like i said this can be spun a million different ways.

#188 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just wow! We better keep Luongo forever and ever just in case Schneider cramps again!

Not trying to be disrespectful Tiger. I think you had a lot of valid points in your post overall, but the line I quoted above is a ridiculous argument why we should keep Luongo.

I also hope that one of 'em *cough Lu cough* gets traded soon and ends all the bickering and debate on the forums and in the media. All the drama can't be good for the team and until someone gets traded it will go on indefinitely. Each pregame starter decision will spark endless threads like this one and every PGT will be full of I-told-you-so's depending on the outcome.

Make it stop MG!

What ridiculous is thinking that cramp was an isolated occurance. Because he was dehydrated or didn't streatch well before the game. He himself admitted that that game 6 cramp was brought on by Anxiety. Sound familiar? Guess what he's not Superman. Emotions get to him to. It happened with the moose as well.More then once. Thats a fact look it up. If Cory is the last man standing through this we will throw him under the bus sooner then later. Keep lu in case Cory cramps up.lol. My thoughts run deeper then that. Do yours? I dont care who stays & who go's they are both good Goalies.

#189 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

what do we still want in the "package coming back" from our goalie trade?
a number 1 d man? a right handed top 6 winger?.....

i say

keep lou
keep snieds

get a healthy Kessler and Booth back

let it roll

see where your at at the deadline, obviously gillis is open to offers but for now just sit tight

#190 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

What ridiculous is thinking that cramp was an isolated occurance. Because he was dehydrated or didn't streatch well before the game. He himself admitted that that game 6 cramp was brought on by Anxiety. Sound familiar? Guess what he's not Superman. Emotions get to him to. It happened with the moose as well.More then once. Thats a fact look it up. If Cory is the last man standing through this we will throw him under the bus sooner then later. Keep lu in case Cory cramps up.lol. My thoughts run deeper then that. Do yours? I dont care who stays & who go's they are both good Goalies.

Really?!! Cory came into a playoff game as a rookie because Lou carped the bed the game before. He had not played a game in 3 weeks, was thrown in cold and got a cramp left the game tied (later we lost with Lou in net) but your pointing fingers at him. If that's all you got on Cory better look harder.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.