The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida women frighten off intruder by chanting ‘Jesus’

dudeone

Let's review the last time this same OP posted a thread with religious connotations. The mods locked it because they claimed it led to a heated religious debate...which is ABSOLUTELY what it was. It stands to reason since that thread was closed down because of a heated religious debate, this one...which is almost certainly going to lead down the same road...and with even MORE religious connotation...is going to be deja vu. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this OP is looking for a reaction of some kind, or he wouldn't post controversial topic threads like this one or the one about 18% and 10% for God or whatever that silly nonsense was. Anyone ever seen him add any of his own opinions to his posts in these threads? That's because he hasn't.

Next time roll out the heavy artillery and chant the St. Michael's Prayer:

Saint Michael the Archangel,

defend us in battle.

Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;

and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,

by the Divine Power of God,

cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits

who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

~ Pope Leo XIII in 1884

Very superstitious, writing's on the wall

Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall

Thirteen month old baby broke the lookin' glass

Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand

Then you suffer

Superstition ain't the way

Very superstitious, wash your face and hands

Rid me of the problem, do all that you can

Keep me in a daydream, keep me goin' strong

You don't wanna save me, sad is my song

When you believe in things you don't understand

Then you suffer

Superstition ain't the way, yeah, yeah

Very superstitious, nothin' more to say

Very superstitious, the devil's on his way

Thirteen month old baby broke the lookin' glass

Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand

Then you suffer

Superstition ain't the way, no, no, no

Simply put, the thief likely decided that dealing with these nutjob women would be way too difficult and went off in search of an easier target. They could have been chanting "Strawberry Jam" and the result would have been the same. A case of another "non-story" that would have not even been in the news without the religious connotation. Some people are incredibly gullible. Yahoo is inundated with these types of annoying crappy articles because they have nothing better to report on. And "god" or "jesus" works in mysterious ways" is the biggest cop-out statement I have ever heard in my entire life. I mentioned this before in another thread...sure people give their "friend" jesus credit for the good things that happen in their lives...but the blame when there's something that goes wrong is noticeably lacking...and sorry...but you can't have it two ways...either god is responsible for the good things AND the bad things in the world and in society...or he's responsible for none of it because he's a convenient figment of your imaginations. Either way he's pretty damn lazy....a lot like the yahoo news moderator who approved this lame ass story.

Yahoo is inundated with these types of annoying crappy articles because they have nothing better to report on. And "god" or "jesus" works in mysterious ways" is the biggest cop-out statement I have ever heard in my entire life. I mentioned this before in another thread...sure people give their "friend" jesus credit for the good things that happen in their lives...but the blame when there's something that goes wrong is noticeably lacking...and sorry...but you can't have it two ways...either god is responsible for the good things AND the bad things in the world and in society...or he's responsible for none of it because he's a convenient figment of your imaginations. Either way he's pretty damn lazy....a lot like the yahoo news moderator who approved this lame ass story.

Archived