Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Where does Jensen play after his season ends?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Reading things right the SEL ends in march - do they bring him in then?

#2 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

wolves?? if he is eligible i assume when does the AHL season end?
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#3 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Wolves. Just like last season

#4 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Chicago?

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#5 Ryan Kesler RK17

Ryan Kesler RK17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Would it be possible for him to come into the Canucks line-up; we are seriously crippled on offence.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thnx to Vintage Canuck. for my awesome sig

#6 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Was he officially released by his CHL club (Oshawa)? If not, he's still ineligible for the AHL until Oshawa is done for the year.

#7 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Would it be possible for him to come into the Canucks line-up; we are seriously crippled on offence.

I think if the offensive issues persist that long he should definitely be given a few days on the big club to see what he can do

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#8 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Denmark

Posted Image

#9 Lups

Lups

Jebus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Wolves. Just like last season

He was on the Gens

#10 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Anyone know how he has been doing in the SEL?

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#11 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

15-6-21 in 42 games so far... he's leading his team (AIK) in goals, tied for 9th in the league. Which is pretty impressive, considering he's a rookie and his team's mediocre.

As for where he plays after, I don't think there'll be space here (barring trades/injuries) by the time March rolls around... Kesler will likely be back by then, as will Booth (hopefully). Which means our forwards will be pretty much set. I'm not certain on the rules regarding AHL eligibility though. (so it'll be either Oshawa or Chicago, someone else can clarify this I hope.)

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#12 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

This is a pretty good site it gives all the NA & EU league stats and is always up todate as well as junior and NCAA

http://www.hockeydb.com/scoreboard/

Gaunce ( Bellville ) and Jensen with AIK in the SEL

#13 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Actually i'd rather not see him tried out in the bigs until he has at least one more year down, why rush development? It's not like we have lost every game this year and in a big huge panic as of yet. If kes wasn't due back for another couple of months then MAYBE but still no. I still think MG is looking to make a deal soon and hopefully for a bigger skilled physical 2nd line player which we could sure use especially in post season as usual and we shouldn't be counting on kassian for that. someone like scott hartnell but a tad bigger would do very nicely but philly ended up with him. someone around 6'4-6'5 230 ish pounds and tough with offensive upside! and a Dman like that too! whoa would we ever be set then...
HABS SUCK!!!

#14 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Actually i'd rather not see him tried out in the bigs until he has at least one more year down, why rush development? It's not like we have lost every game this year and in a big huge panic as of yet. If kes wasn't due back for another couple of months then MAYBE but still no. I still think MG is looking to make a deal soon and hopefully for a bigger skilled physical 2nd line player which we could sure use especially in post season as usual and we shouldn't be counting on kassian for that. someone like scott hartnell but a tad bigger would do very nicely but philly ended up with him. someone around 6'4-6'5 230 ish pounds and tough with offensive upside! and a Dman like that too! whoa would we ever be set then...

You want someone big? And yet Jensen is listed as 6'3" 213lbs and he's only 19 he can still get bigger, probably not taller but he could easily gain 10-20lbs.

No, not 213lbs, 186lbs.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 03 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#15 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

You want someone big? And yet Jensen is listed as 6'3" 213lbs and he's only 19 he can still get bigger, probably not taller but he could easily gain 10-20lbs.

No, not 213lbs, 186lbs.

His point exactly. Jensen's not going to play once Kes and Booth come back so Gillis will go out for an NHL vet who can handle 2nd line duties and is big and strong.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#16 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I think this was kicked around in the 'Jensen Talk' thread.

Due to CHL/NHL rules - he would either have to 'sit-out', join the Canucks roster ( and not be assigned to the AHL) or join Oshawa until their season is complete.

At the end of the Oshawa season - he would be able to join the Wolves

Edited by Squeak, 03 February 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

#17 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah because "a 6'4" - 6'5" 230 ish pounds and tough with offensive upside" are so plentiful out there.

Edited by disisdayear, 03 February 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#18 ChirplikeLappy

ChirplikeLappy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeah because "a 6'4" - 6'5" 230 ish pounds and tough with offensive upside" are so plentiful out there.

What he said. I can think of One. Milan Lucic at 6'4" 220lbs.

#19 Lemieux

Lemieux

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

This guy is pure speed but has no finish. He is too weak and cannot fend off defenders. Reminds me of Reid, Fedor Fedorov, King etc. Guys with too much speed but nothing else.
This signature is not blank.

#20 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

This guy is pure speed but has no finish. He is too weak and cannot fend off defenders. Reminds me of Reid, Fedor Fedorov, King etc. Guys with too much speed but nothing else.

....Do you even know who Jensen is?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#21 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

v

....Do you even know who Jensen is?

Jensen, while not being a true powerforward, is a big guy with speed who uses the two in combination to protect the puck, break through defencemen and cut to the net. If he can't cut to the net, then he uses his awesome wrist shot to try and score, or he passes. He's much more dynamic than the one dimensional player you make him out to be, if anything, his speed isn't even his greatest asset, despite being above average for players his size. He's got more potential than anyone we've had in years (Kassian could compete, he's showing a lot more than I think anyone anticipated so far this season) and will likely be playing on the Canucks next season.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#22 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

He will undoubtedly finish the year with the Wolves. I hope he spends most of next season with the Canucks affiliate where ever that is for his development and adjusting to NA. It would be nice to give him a late season call up while we gear up (hopefully) for another playoffs next season It would be a good time for injury relief. I see no reason to rush him. the organisation imo should bide their time and groom him for Booths spot.

#23 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

His point exactly. Jensen's not going to play once Kes and Booth come back so Gillis will go out for an NHL vet who can handle 2nd line duties and is big and strong.

Haammmablargharaghhaammpeas....

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#24 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

v

Jensen, while not being a true powerforward, is a big guy with speed who uses the two in combination to protect the puck, break through defencemen and cut to the net. If he can't cut to the net, then he uses his awesome wrist shot to try and score, or he passes. He's much more dynamic than the one dimensional player you make him out to be, if anything, his speed isn't even his greatest asset, despite being above average for players his size. He's got more potential than anyone we've had in years (Kassian could compete, he's showing a lot more than I think anyone anticipated so far this season) and will likely be playing on the Canucks next season.

In terms of hockey sense, he reminds me of Kassian, in that he becomes much better playing with better players - he thinks a pro game. His brief stint in the AHL last year reflected that, too. This is a 19 year old kid who is in the top ten goal scorers in Sweden on a mediocre team in the elite league. In the AHL he did well last year too - 4 goals in 6 games in the regular season and 2 in two games in the playoffs. He also looked like he belonged in last year's pre-season with the Canucks - as an 18 year old.

Having size on right wing is a luxury the Canucks have not had for a long time - even more so, size with skating and skill - Kassian and Jensen.

#25 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

I wish I got to watch this kid play this year. Next year he can play in A? Wait, I thought at 19 he could move to AHL.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.