The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Jensen play after his season ends?

Lui's Knob

He'll most likely be in the AHL. Kesler and Booth will be back (fingers crossed) so there isn't much room for him and there is a couple players above him on the depth chart. Also would you want to throw in an unproven rookie when the season really picks up?

I hear what you're saying, and in most cases I'd agree, but the last time I checked Jensen was in the top 5 goalscorers in the SEL - playing against men. He looked outstanding in camp last year as a teenager (I guess he still will be a teenager for another month ;) - if any of our prospects has the potential to jump up, it's Jensen - but it would probably depend entirely on the depth of the injuries at SEL season's end, and whether or not players are added in a potential Luongo deal. As it stands today, I think he'd be right on the edge of the current roster.

I hope he gets a few games with the Canucks this year. The big club isn't the scoring machine it was a couple of years ago, and Jensen looks to be a pure goal-scorer. With the right kind of minutes on the right line, he could surprise us like Hodgson did last year and Schroeder and Kassian are this. I'm assuming that if he is sent down, it would have to be to junior because of his age, but that he'd automatically get the call to the AHL if the Wolves are still playing once his junior team's season is done.

Archived