Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Reviewing Goalie Interference during a Goal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 kjames05

kjames05

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Anyone watch the Ottawa Montreal game today? If you didn't, there was a very obvious wrong call on Ottawa's second goal. Silvferberg lightly brushed up against Price's blocker and the goal was disallowed. Price was also outside his crease. Silvferberg was subsequently penalized for goaltender interference.

Is it time to allow reviewing of goaltender interference calls during goals? I certainly think so.

#2 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Brutal call! Cost Ottawa 2 crucial points.

Ref should be suspended.

#3 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

I agree, any way to make the game more fairly called should be utilized. In this case Ottawa missed out on at least making it to overtime in a season where every point is very important.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#4 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think there should be a coach's challenged allowed, not just for goalie interference

#5 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

what needs to happen is on all calls a linesman should be able to see something like today and say hey there was no interfernce like how the nfl does

#6 kjames05

kjames05

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Brutal call! Cost Ottawa 2 crucial points.

Ref should be suspended.

Suspended no. But it's very unlikely he'll ref any post season games

I think there should be a coach's challenged allowed, not just for goalie interference

Agreed.

what needs to happen is on all calls a linesman should be able to see something like today and say hey there was no interfernce like how the nfl does

This is somewhat implemented in the NHL, although to a lesser extent.

#7 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

That would be great, the NHL should borrow the red flag from the NFL. Except coaches would have to hold it up on a stick, Roger Nielson style.

On an unrelated note, anyone interested should read about the things Roger Nielson used to do here:

http://en.wikipedia....Coaching_legacy

The man would find and exploit loopholes in the rulebook, much to the chagrin of refs, but remarkable and hilarious to me.

#8 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ironically, in Tampa they reviewed a goal for interference, even though they're not supposed to be able to.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.