Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS receive:

G Cory Schneider
2014 2nd Round Pick
LW Mason Raymond/LW Jannik Hansen

VANCOUVER CANUCKS receive:

RW Phil Kessel
G James Reimer

Vancouver has been having a stellar winning streak with Roberto Luongo returned to his true form as a starting goaltender for Vancouver. It seems to be more necessary to trade Schneider, rather than the highly-praised veteran.

Toronto has been having trouble scoring in its first line, as Phil Kessel continues his scoring drough over the course of the start of this season. With the addition of James Van Riemsdyk, Toronto is likely to have a much improved depth in their lineup, the only area of concern being the goaltending.

The addition of Schneider in the Leafs lineup provides solid goaltending for the organization that has struggled to enter the postseason for the last decade. Raymond will be able to provide grit and offensive burst to the lineup.

The addition of Kessel to the Vancouver lineup can complement a three-line offense of having a sniper(1st line = D. Sedin, 2nd line = R. Kesler, 3rd line = P. Kessel). He can also be a replacement, in case Kesler and/or Booth are/is injured.

Reimer is added not only for Toronto's cap dump purposes, but also to complement Vancouver's backup goaltending unit. Although Luongo has been a solid goalie for many years in the Vancouver organization, Luongo is aging(He is currently 33 years old.), and within a few years, he is bound to retire. Reimer may be questionable as a starting goaltender, but can be a reliable backup, until Eddie Lack or another rising goaltender matures and starts playing for the Canucks.
Posted Image

#2 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

No I wouldn't do it but that's just preference of players

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 03 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#3 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Kessel on the 3rd? Really? At the least he'd be in the Top 6 but the 1st line's not changing and the 2nd needs a play maker. Booth and Kes don't pass as it is, and Phil's not a natural setup man. Add the fact that Kessel doesn't play physically or defensively (whereas Hansen and Raymond both do) and I don't see how this could work.

However, if Booth was going back and Kessel was coming (with another play making forward) that could work.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#4 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Kessel on the 3rd? Really? At the least he'd be in the Top 6 but the 1st line's not changing and the 2nd needs a play maker. Booth and Kes don't pass as it is, and Phil's not a natural setup man. Add the fact that Kessel doesn't play physically or defensively (whereas Hansen and Raymond both do) and I don't see how this could work.

However, if Booth was going back and Kessel was coming (with another play making forward) that could work.

Booth and Schneider for Kessel would not be a fair trade.

Booth, Schneider, and Hansen can go for Kessel and Bozak, even, and that would be a good enough trade.
Posted Image

#5 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Booth and Schneider for Kessel would not be a fair trade.

Booth, Schneider, and Hansen can go for Kessel and Bozak, even, and that would be a good enough trade.

That's why he said Kessel + a playmaking forward.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#6 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

That's why he said Kessel + a playmaking forward.

Yep, so Kessel and Bozak. Bozak would be a good fit on the third line.

Acquiring Reimer is slightly important, because Canucks do need a backup, but we would have to add other pieces.
I personally think Kessel would provide depth and offensive skill for the Canucks.
Posted Image

#7 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Switch it for Lou and I'm in.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#8 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Switch it for Lou and I'm in.

I wholeheartedly agree; however, I highly doubt MG would want to trade Luongo at this point.
Posted Image

#9 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I wholeheartedly agree; however, I highly doubt MG would want to trade Luongo at this point.

What better time for getting full value than when Lou seems to be on top of his game?

Edited by hudson bay rules, 03 February 2013 - 05:33 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#10 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

What better time for getting full value than when Lou seems to bet on top of his game?

Trading Luongo is as taboo as trading the Sedins, in my opinion, at this stage of the game.
Posted Image

#11 DrChill

DrChill

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Trading Luongo is as taboo as trading the Sedins, in my opinion, at this stage of the game.

Why Taboo? that is what they have been planning on doing all year.

If Luongo I go for it.

#12 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yep, so Kessel and Bozak. Bozak would be a good fit on the third line.

Acquiring Reimer is slightly important, because Canucks do need a backup, but we would have to add other pieces.
I personally think Kessel would provide depth and offensive skill for the Canucks.

If we're only gonna use him for depth then he's not worth getting. He's a top 6 forward. Though I agree that if we do end up getting him then we should also acquire a playmaker. And we would need the backup coming our way as well.

But I just don't see Kessel joining our team, at least not this year. Maybe if Booth struggles all year we go get a player like Kessel

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#13 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Kessel on the third line?

:mellow:
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#14 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Kessel on the third line?

:mellow:

<_<

If he continues his low productivity, I don't see why.
Posted Image

#15 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

<_<

If he actually had playmakers and people who knows what their doing than Kessel would be lighting it up.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Kessel
Posted Image

#16 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

If he actually had playmakers and people who knows what their doing than Kessel would be lighting it up.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Kessel

2nd line would be good, as well.

Hopefully, we get Reimer in return, as well. He can be a good backup.
Posted Image

#17 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

2nd line would be good, as well.

Hopefully, we get Reimer in return, as well. He can be a good backup.

Ya
Posted Image

#18 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone know Reimer's cap hit?
Posted Image

#19 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

<_<

If he continues not to produce... why would we want him?

#20 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,358 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Lol, you clearly haven't watched Kessel play a single game this year so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Kessel has had at least 3 bona fide scoring chances each game, most of the time more, he just can't seem to buy a goal.

Edit: As to the trade, horrible. Scrivens/Reimer have been doing decent enough to give the Leafs a chance this year and while acquiring a goalie is a priority, there is NO chance it will happen at the expense of Phil the Thrill.

Edited by Caboose, 04 February 2013 - 06:20 PM.

iM9vOuM.jpg

#21 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

No. Schneider is going nowhere barring massive overpayment, and this isn't a massive overpayment. Also Kessel would handcuff us long term. For Luongo yes. Schneider no. Doubt Toronto does it anyways.

False.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
Oh, yeah, for conspiracy theorists, WSH isn't talking to VAN, has no plans to talk to VAN on any goalie. BTW, VAN isn't trading Schneider.

MG's stance hasn't changed.

Oh and also I don't know how Luongo has "returned to form" When he has always been this good. This type of regular season performance from him is nothing new, and doesn't change anything.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 04 February 2013 - 06:25 PM.

zackass.png

#22 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Lol, you clearly haven't watched Kessel play a single game this year so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Kessel has had at least 3 bona fide scoring chances each game, most of the time more, he just can't seem to buy a goal.

Edit: As to the trade, horrible. Scrivens/Reimer have been doing decent enough to give the Leafs a chance this year and while acquiring a goalie is a priority, there is NO chance it will happen at the expense of Phil the Thrill.

If he continues his low productivity, there actually is a chance. I think Toronto has been trusting on Scrivens and Reimer for the last couple of seasons.
Posted Image

#23 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

No. Schneider is going nowhere barring massive overpayment, and this isn't a massive overpayment. Also Kessel would handcuff us long term. For Luongo yes. Schneider no. Doubt Toronto does it anyways.

False.

[/background][/font][/color]

MG's stance hasn't changed.

Oh and also I don't know how Luongo has "returned to form" When he has always been this good. This type of regular season performance from him is nothing new, and doesn't change anything.

Ideal situation is to keep both goalies, since both of them are capable of being starting goaltenders. However, it would be difficult, considering Luongo deserves more ice time, and Schneider wants more ice time.
Posted Image

#24 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ideal situation is to keep both goalies, since both of them are capable of being starting goaltenders. However, it would be difficult, considering Luongo deserves more ice time, and Schneider wants more ice time.

Ideal situation is to move Luongo and get a worthwhile return.

Both deserve ice time, Luongo has the momentum and is in his groove, that's the deciding factor.

zackass.png

#25 PartyTimeWithJeffCarter

PartyTimeWithJeffCarter

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Toronto overvalues Kessel and Reimer as it is. No way they'd accept this deal.
"Well I got a bad liver and broken heart,
I drunk me a river since you tore me apart
And I don't have a drinking problem, 'cept when I can't get a drink..." - Jeff Carter (probably)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.