The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 GMC Play League "Prestige Worldwide" 2.0 (Teams Available) [XBOX 360]

Go Faulk Yourself

He actually would of been higher up, I did penalize him for it, he didn't exactly destroy his team as if I recall he had 4-5 trades pending and at the time me and Zac gave him the boot, If anything he should be like 5th, but I don't feel he deserved to be that high.

If others would like to argue his position, please speak up, I'm all ears.

He actually would of been higher up, I did penalize him for it, he didn't exactly destroy his team as if I recall he had 4-5 trades pending and at the time me and Zac gave him the boot, If anything he should be like 5th, but I don't feel he deserved to be that high.

If others would like to argue his position, please speak up, I'm all ears.

So I guess it's time I just told the story of what me and Zac were doing when Malkin got kicked.

So as Dplett and Touchet know, Malkin kept making ridiculous trades (I'm sure you do know, as he was just basically giving you players). While this was happening, me and Zac continuously were contemplating about kicking Malkin from the league because we feared that he was tearing his team apart on purpose, because y'know, it's CBJ, and no-one likes CBJ.

After much talk, we decided to give him the boot, but afterwords, the guy who used to be EDM (RK17), came over and invited us to a party, we told him why we kicked CBJ, and he basically told us that he's trying to "rebuild". So we talked to Malkin, and he said that he was trying to rebuild, and that it was difficult to work with what he had as CBJ, so with that being said, we said we'd love to give him another team, however, we can't, as per rules say you must remain as the team you started with.

So instead, he decided that if he had to remain CBJ, he'd rather just duel-GM with EDM, and so he did. It lasted a while, and as you know he became DET, in which yes, he did switch teams, but the ONLY reason he switched teams was because, at the time, I was commissioner, and I felt that the league was dwindling down in terms of actual players, as we had too many CPU's, so in a drastic move, in which I do take full credit for, I decided to break our own rule and give Malkin DET, as I feared that the league would continuously lose players (Which as we know now, it didn't).

I can understand why you are pissed Dplett, I mean, you are behind him in the position to pick a team, and I can fully understand that one spot DOES make a difference, I just feel that I had already penalized him (dropped him down a few spots), and that would be good enough. I also do understand that it was ME that broke my own rules, and that you, or any other people shouldn't suffer for that mistake I made, however. This league for it's first, real, full year has been a complete test drive. I look to YOU guys for opinions on each matter, so I'm glad you spoke up. I want to, along with you folks, make this as good of a league as I possibly can, so at some points throughout this first year, not everything has been in tip-top shape. Not every decision has been easy, and there have been some kinks here and there that I wish I had fixed sooner, or even not started to begin with.

So I leave this to everyone as a question, whether you are affected by it or not, should I bump back Malkin for leaving the league and rejoining as another team? He will take the position that he joined DET as if that is the case. However, do remember, it's not his fault, nor did he abuse a loophole, I just took advantage of an opportunity to keep this league running as good as possible.

I'd love to hear from all of you.

So I guess it's time I just told the story of what me and Zac were doing when Malkin got kicked.

So as Dplett and Touchet know, Malkin kept making ridiculous trades (I'm sure you do know, as he was just basically giving you players). While this was happening, me and Zac continuously were contemplating about kicking Malkin from the league because we feared that he was tearing his team apart on purpose, because y'know, it's CBJ, and no-one likes CBJ.

After much talk, we decided to give him the boot, but afterwords, the guy who used to be EDM (RK17), came over and invited us to a party, we told him why we kicked CBJ, and he basically told us that he's trying to "rebuild". So we talked to Malkin, and he said that he was trying to rebuild, and that it was difficult to work with what he had as CBJ, so with that being said, we said we'd love to give him another team, however, we can't, as per rules say you must remain as the team you started with.

So instead, he decided that if he had to remain CBJ, he'd rather just duel-GM with EDM, and so he did. It lasted a while, and as you know he became DET, in which yes, he did switch teams, but the ONLY reason he switched teams was because, at the time, I was commissioner, and I felt that the league was dwindling down in terms of actual players, as we had too many CPU's, so in a drastic move, in which I do take full credit for, I decided to break our own rule and give Malkin DET, as I feared that the league would continuously lose players (Which as we know now, it didn't).

I can understand why you are pissed Dplett, I mean, you are behind him in the position to pick a team, and I can fully understand that one spot DOES make a difference, I just feel that I had already penalized him (dropped him down a few spots), and that would be good enough. I also do understand that it was ME that broke my own rules, and that you, or any other people shouldn't suffer for that mistake I made, however. This league for it's first, real, full year has been a complete test drive. I look to YOU guys for opinions on each matter, so I'm glad you spoke up. I want to, along with you folks, make this as good of a league as I possibly can, so at some points throughout this first year, not everything has been in tip-top shape. Not every decision has been easy, and there have been some kinks here and there that I wish I had fixed sooner, or even not started to begin with.

So I leave this to everyone as a question, whether you are affected by it or not, should I bump back Malkin for leaving the league and rejoining as another team? He will take the position that he joined DET as if that is the case. However, do remember, it's not his fault, nor did he abuse a loophole, I just took advantage of an opportunity to keep this league running as good as possible.

I'd love to hear from all of you.

TL; DID read

I can see where you are coming from in this rule, and I get that it was a bad situation and a difficult choice. With that being said, in the end, Malkin did upgrade his team from CBJ to DET, and I feel like that is enough compensation for the mishap of letting him go. I didn't exactly become blessed with Col, but I worked at it, and grinded it out. I just feel like even though it's a special situation, everyone should adhere to the rules of the group.

The reason that I say that him switching teams because you thought the league was shrinking was stupid and illogical was because the point of not switching teams was so you play the team you chose. He was CBJ so he should have stayed. If you fear no one joining it is smarter to keep him as CBJ as it is easier to pitch a team like Detroit to someone new instead of a garbage CBJ team. No one new wants to take CBJ but in sure someone new would have liked to take DET. Also. He's a proven idiot. He destroyed CBJ and then he destroyed Detroit. The only reason he has a decent defense is because you wouldn't let any trade go through without at least some value back. Sick. He has a wicked top pairing. That's It. He hasn't made a smart trade once. You have him a bone by giving him a new team. He made you look stupid by ruining them as well. I think his reward was greater than his punishment and I think he abused your mercy. And should be penalized for that as well. He doesn't deserve a decent team. That being said. I don't care who he gets because if he has any talent in sure they will find there way to me and Touchet.

The reason that I say that him switching teams because you thought the league was shrinking was stupid and illogical was because the point of not switching teams was so you play the team you chose. He was CBJ so he should have stayed. If you fear no one joining it is smarter to keep him as CBJ as it is easier to pitch a team like Detroit to someone new instead of a garbage CBJ team. No one new wants to take CBJ but in sure someone new would have liked to take DET. Also. He's a proven idiot. He destroyed CBJ and then he destroyed Detroit. The only reason he has a decent defense is because you wouldn't let any trade go through without at least some value back. Sick. He has a wicked top pairing. That's It. He hasn't made a smart trade once. You have him a bone by giving him a new team. He made you look stupid by ruining them as well. I think his reward was greater than his punishment and I think he abused your mercy. And should be penalized for that as well. He doesn't deserve a decent team. That being said. I don't care who he gets because if he has any talent in sure they will find there way to me and Touchet.

Archived