The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT- Vancouver vs. Edmonton, 2-4-13, Rexall Place

Ryan Murray

I read that Schroeder Burrows and Raymond were practicing as the second line yesterday. Doesn't mean thats what the line will be, but I could see it working against the Oilers. That line has speed, playmaking and defensive capabilities. It hurts us down the depth chart but it could give us a boost in secondary scoring. At very least it would get Schoeder more ice time to see if he is really ready for the NHL.

I have made my dislike of Schroeder's size well known as I thought adding smaller players was the opposite of what this team needs. But that said I would be lying if I wasn't giddy with excitement when AV put him on the shoot out. I hope I am wrong about this kid, and playing against smaller teams like Edmonton could allow him to shine. That said if it is the playoffs and we are up against the likes of LA or another big team, Schroeder might as well be a healthy scratch because he will not be able to out grind or muscle his way to a goal or even open up a play.

Tonights game I worry about who is hungrier. Edmonton has started to struggle and needs a win to hold onto the momentum of their successes. Their younger players may play with more heart then we will. If Luongo stands on his head again though he could carry us to victory.

I read that Schroeder Burrows and Raymond were practicing as the second line yesterday. Doesn't mean thats what the line will be, but I could see it working against the Oilers. That line has speed, playmaking and defensive capabilities. It hurts us down the depth chart but it could give us a boost in secondary scoring. At very least it would get Schoeder more ice time to see if he is really ready for the NHL.

I have made my dislike of Schroeder's size well known as I thought adding smaller players was the opposite of what this team needs. But that said I would be lying if I wasn't giddy with excitement when AV put him on the shoot out. I hope I am wrong about this kid, and playing against smaller teams like Edmonton could allow him to shine. That said if it is the playoffs and we are up against the likes of LA or another big team, Schroeder might as well be a healthy scratch because he will not be able to out grind or muscle his way to a goal or even open up a play.

Tonights game I worry about who is hungrier. Edmonton has started to struggle and needs a win to hold onto the momentum of their successes. Their younger players may play with more heart then we will. If Luongo stands on his head again though he could carry us to victory.

Archived