Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmpunk

[Article] This is what Luongo means to some fans

50 posts in this topic

Hockey is not just a game, it is a way of life.

I wasn't aware that we lost the cup to the Blackhawks.

But really this is a touching story. Hopefully Lu reads the letter and can respond or get in contact with her.

People that hate Luongo only think of just hockey. To some important people he will always be a hero to them and that is something that nobody can ever take from him.

Wow, I really hope that she'll be alright when her tests come back. All the best to her.

Keep on Luuing Leigh!

Luongo not only plays a big role in the Canucks organization, he has also done alot for the city of Vancouver and managed to impacted many peoples lives, like through Lui's Crease

People that hate Luongo only think of just hockey. To some important people he will always be a hero to them and that is something that nobody can ever take from him.

I don't want him to leave!

When he leaves it will be sadder than my last breakup, which was a long time girlfriend. It wasn't nearly as painful as this will be!

I don't want him to leave!

When he leaves it will be sadder than my last breakup, which was a long time girlfriend. It wasn't nearly as painful as this will be!

She probably meant during that playoff series where we lost a 3-0 series lead and saw a crapload of people down talking Luongo and how he is the worst goalie in the NHL ever and all that stuff..

it says we lost the cup to them...

"In the fall of 2011, she watched as Luongo continued to endure the backlash from that summer’s Stanley Cup loss to the Chicago Blackhawks."

Wow this absolutely beautiful.

I love how she gathered strength from Lu, being a hockey player is more than being on the ice it's how you deal with everything off the ice. And Lu is a perfect example of how it's done. The way he handled all of the trade rumours through the very long offseason, brushing it off and even making humour out of it via twitter amazes me. Suddenly fans everywhere began to like him, but really he was the same guy all along.

The way she was able to draw from this and find inspiration for herself just shows her very strong character. I really do wish her well, for a fan that stuck by Lu when she needed him the most.

Lu wherever you end up, you've been an inspiration and a symbol to tons here in Vancouver. Your grace and poise through everything is astonishing and I really hope by some luck you end up here for awhile. You drew me into hockey and I'll never forget that. I'll Luuuu until I die.

ohh nvm its talking about the time we lost in the second round to them for the second straight year