The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] This is what Luongo means to some fans

cmpunk

I wish her well in her fight.

I understand this fully....hockey is one of the only things to keep us together at times in this household....it seems too simple/insignificant, but it's not. Most have heard the long story of my Mom's love of the game (well, mostly Trevor Linden. And Brent Sopel?).

We connect to these guys like family as, sometimes, we're isolated, lonely, afraid and have moments where it overwhelms us. To be able to turn on a game and focus on something of hope and anticipation (vs despair and worry) can be huge.

I really got something out of this (mostly a tear running down my cheek). It's been suggested that this be closed/merged, but I feel it should stand alone. We always can use an inspiring story that encourages us to keep going,despite the obstacles we may be facing.

Luuuu.

Touching story! I wish her a speedy recovery and good health.

I've always found it ridiculous how much Canucks fans hate Luongo. People say he isn't mentally tough, but being a goalie in Vancouver is a rather mentally demanding job.

Many fans don't appreciate him and don't realize that he is a large reason this team gained legitimacy and a place amongst the teams in the league that players want to play for. Of course, he isn't the only one, as the Sedins and the Aquilini family have also played a huge part in that, but to dismiss what Roberto has done for this hockey club is either blind or ignorant. He is the first and only superstar goalie we've had to date.

Aside from winning a cup, Lu's numbers are up there among the game's very best in history.

Archived