The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is the faster skater?

Gibbster

What a truly enlightening thread, Gibbster!

Seems like you answered your own question in one line.

In all seriousness, I think you're right - plus Schroeder is so much more shifty than Raymond. He's also stronger on his skates, and with better hockey sense.

All in all, he is a better player than Raymond, but Raymond has more NHL experience. Raymond's not bad but he's inconsistent.

What a truly enlightening thread, Gibbster!

Seems like you answered your own question in one line.

In all seriousness, I think you're right - plus Schroeder is so much more shifty than Raymond. He's also stronger on his skates, and with better hockey sense.

All in all, he is a better player than Raymond, but Raymond has more NHL experience. Raymond's not bad but he's inconsistent.

Ramyond is fast back and fourth, but he has terrible agility and doesn't manage turns well, which is why you never see him blow by people despite his speed. Hansen is very fast and agile, and I've always figured he's probably quicker than Raymond. That's why you see Hansen break and blow past defenders randomly for his breakaways every now and then. Where Raymond.. well.. doesn't.

Schroeder MAY be faster than Raymond (I doubt it) for the first half of the shift but I bet Raymond is leaving him behind on the second half. The guy's stamina is amazing and probably the best on the team. It would be interesting to do what they do in soccer over here and monitor their total distance.

In an exhibition circuit Balard just pipped a Raymond returning from his back injury. So technically Balard is fastest. He is certainly the smoothest ............the guy just glides up the ice and his speed is deceptive.

Raymond has it all.

Raymond is fast but predictable. He lowers his head and go full-steam north-south. You can't beat anyone 1 on 1 if you're stuck on a track (unless you're Dion Phanuef, lol)

Hansen is almost as quick as Raymond, but he can kinda shift into over-drive to where he can almost step another player on the outside. He just doesn't have the hands to pull those moves off unlike Gaborik, Vanek, Grabner.

I haven't noticed Schroeder enough yet to comment about his skating. His style of play has been compared to Patrick Kane, so I'm guessing a player who isn't super fast, but shifty and able to maintain the same speed with or without the puck.

Yeah....... No. Schroder can skate well and has mobility, which is mandatory considering his size. But come on really? Faster then Raymond? Not a hope. Is he able to skate better then raymond at fast speeds, sure, but he is also alot closer to the ground. Its like comparing a Camaro to a WRX.

Schroeder MAY be faster than Raymond (I doubt it) for the first half of the shift but I bet Raymond is leaving him behind on the second half. The guy's stamina is amazing and probably the best on the team. It would be interesting to do what they do in soccer over here and monitor their total distance.

In an exhibition circuit Balard just pipped a Raymond returning from his back injury. So technically Balard is fastest. He is certainly the smoothest ............the guy just glides up the ice and his speed is deceptive.

Raymond has it all.

Archived