captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

POPULAR

Congrats to Bobby Lu!

NHL 3rd star of the week! Behind Kunitz (2nd) and Vanek (1st).

Controversy or not, always good to see a Canuck make it into the top 3.

Hopefully it keeps on going - put up the W's in any way possible, I don't care!

#2 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

POPULAR

Luuuuuuuuu!!! Only Franchises that love to lose would trade the hottest goalie in the League!
Posted Image

#3 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Completely deserving. He showed up when the team didnt. If hes traded, it will only be for something amazing.
Posted Image

#4 monza

monza

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Completely deserving. He showed up when the team didnt. If hes traded, it will only be for something amazing.

#5 monza

monza

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm pretty sure our team has showed up the past couple game but ya

#6 Fateless

Fateless

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Funny how every time Luongo is recognized for something good, "the team never showed up" and he was the only good player on the ice.

Then when Luongo fails (Stanley Cup Finals), it was a team loss and everyone is to blame.

Why is it when Luongo does well, everyone says he did it without the teams help, but when he does bad, it was the teams fault?

i1u6zif.gif

#7 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

POPULAR

Funny how every time Luongo is recognized for something good, "the team never showed up" and he was the only good player on the ice.

Because the team has scored more than 2 goals (and it was 3 goals, and that came in a shutout against a bad team missing its 3 most important players) once in the games Luongo has started?

Because the games Luongo lost in a shootout the team failed to score?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#8 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Then when Luongo fails (Stanley Cup Finals), it was a team loss and everyone is to blame.

Why is it when Luongo does well, everyone says he did it without the teams help, but when he does bad, it was the teams fault?

What did I just read?

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yes everyone says that :rolleyes:, I guess everyone says he scores the goals too LOL.

While I will agree that there are many Emotionally Bipolar Canuck fans, every (even somewhat) knowledgable hockey fans realize it takes an entire team to win or lose.

And Yes the Stanley Cup Finals was a team loss, but there are many more factors than just poor team play, including but not limited to the momentum destroying, unwarrented, 4-game suspension on Rome. The villianization of the Canucks across the hockey media (whereas the Bruins were made into the "everymans" hard-working blue collared underdog cinderella team).The injuries (reported or not) that plagued the team due to hard-hitting gooning Bruins team. The fact that all season long the NHL, with words and actions, claimed they wanted a more skilled league rather than a bash and bruise old style hockey... that is until the playoffs. The fact that Tim Thomas played a series of lifetime and that there was almost nothing getting by him... and if any Canuck wanted to screen him they did so a extreme personal risk... etc. etc. etc.

Finally, every point you are making is actually exactly opposite of the majority of posts I have seen about Luongo. There are a lot of people (unjustifiably) that blame Luongo soley for the SCFs. If Luongo has a good night its thanks to the defence + Team Effort. If they lose, Luongo should have been better etc.

Which ever end of the spectrum anyone is on what they need to realize is that they are probably wrong and that chances are the truth is somewhere in the middle so stop being so damn emotional about it.

Edited by Aladeen, 04 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

POPULAR

You're kidding right? Its usually the other way around. Fans would rag on Roberto if the team had a poor showing and would be quick to claim the team played well if Luongo had a good game. At least this has been the norm in years past. Its a bit different this year though

#11 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

hes on fire!

#12 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Cap it off with a solid game in Edmonton.

Posted Image

#13 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Right on luo keeper going

#14 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

POPULAR

Actually, it usually works the other way. When the team wins games it's the team that played well and when they lose and allow more than 2 goals, it's Luongo's fault. Solely recognizing Luongo's efforts is actually a refreshing change so I won't complain.

#15 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

LOL, the same is said in reverse by people who dislike him. When we win a game Lu had nothing to do with it and when we lose, it was all his fault.

Edit: I realize after I posted this I should kept reading, as other had already posted what I said before me. Oh well, it happens.

Edited by MonkeyBusiness, 04 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#16 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Calling it now. Regardless of tonight's showing. Schneider starts against Minny. I don't want him to, but Schneider starts Minny.

#17 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

No pressure

No trade clause

No feelings (for Vancouver and the fans or the media right now)

Big Paycheck

Big Future

Big goalie just showcasing his talent right now
good for Lou to have all the time in space to just focus on stopping pucks

#18 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Calling it now. Regardless of tonight's showing. Schneider starts against Minny. I don't want him to, but Schneider starts Minny.

not if LUONGO wins tonight. i say play him until he's tired.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#19 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

ERMAGERD HE SUX LETZ TRAED HEEM

This is why we DONT CHASE HIM OUT OF THE ???? CITY

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#20 canuckforlife91

canuckforlife91

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Aladeen..... nailed it right on the head! Im glad someone has finally said it.

#21 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

If MG trades Luongo now he'll look like the biggest bonehead. Essentially trading out MVP over the one fifth mark of the season.
Posted Image

#22 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

What did I just read?

A post from bazarroland accidentally came to CDC
Posted Image

#23 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Congratulations Luuuuuuu.
Starting again today so make it the start of another great week, go for #1 this week.

Go Canucks Go
Go CANUCKS Go.

#24 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

That's because Lou always plays like crap in Minny and the Canucks are going to continue to coddle him like they have always done. I'm also betting that Cory plays in Nashville on the 22nd. Why? Because it's the second of back to back road games.

Edited by thema, 04 February 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#25 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Canucks win 4-1, clearly a solid team win. They won 2-1 in a shootout against the hottest team (Chi), Canucks only scored 1 goal in regulation and barely got 1 in the shootout and Luongo had to freakin be perfect in the shootout against the skillful Hawks. Canucks beat Ducks 5-0 solid game from Schnieds, solid game from the entire team, Schneider could have had an average game we still would have won, but he was great too. Had we won 1-0, that is all Schneider and maybe the defense if they played well.

Lose 4-0 in game 7 in the SCF how is that Luongo's fault, yeah he let in 4 could have been better for sure, but the offense could have been a WHOLE lot better, team loss. Very simple common sense.

Edited by cmpunk, 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#26 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,456 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ummm.....you do know that the team scored 8 goals in 7 games in the SCF right? Do you know what the odds were of them even getting to the 7th game with no offense? It would have been a sweep without Luongo......and I am not even a raging Luongo homer. That is just reality. If you think Luongo was the major issue and the rest of the team was fine in the SCF against Boston then you don't understand hockey at all.

#27 monza

monza

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

If MG trades Luongo now he'll look like the biggest bonehead. Essentially trading out MVP over the one fifth mark of the season.

Ppl have such short memories. How many times do we have to watch the same show. Luu excellent in the regular season and can't get it done when the pressure is really on. Trade him for a top 6 and something and lets go win a cup....

#28 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Ppl have such short memories. How many times do we have to watch the same show. Luu excellent in the regular season and can't get it done when the pressure is really on. Trade him for a top 6 and something and lets go win a cup....

I can say the same thing for our entire team.. Interesting it's all put on Luongo. Who am I kidding, it's not surprising at all.

#29 canucks.girl1

canucks.girl1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Nice to see him as the 3rd star. He has been playing great.

The team as a whole has been playing better the past few games so I wouldn't say that Lu is the only one playing well.. they have stepped it up from the first few games.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Lol, this thread went from a "congrats lu" to " u stink like poo"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.