42 replies to this topic

#31 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wait until he sees that Jager, with an IQ of 156 at the age of 7, used the wrong "too". (Used to instead of too. " I was finding the work to easy.")

I never really got any smarter than I was at 7 :P
Posted Image

#32 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

The fact that you replied indicates that you do in fact care. Excuse me for commenting but I've had just enough physcology training to mess me up for life, and am unable to let somethings slide. :)

You are incorrect. I replied because he had something snide to say to me, and then when a friend of mine came to my defense he had something snide to say to her too. I commented because frankly I felt like I needed to. People who come to a thread like this simply to make a comment like that are either a: jealous...or b: is just being a troll. With your "physcology" training why don't you tell me exactly which choice is the most logical one? Jealousy or troll? I vote troll.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#33 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,827 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

I never really got any smarter than I was at 7 :P

Probably all those sports/head hitting ;)
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Kids these days....................need to get more in touch with dirt :)
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#35 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Probably all those sports/head hitting ;)

Totally worth it.
Posted Image

#36 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I remember when I was about 7 my parents were told I would be better suited in being a part of "Gifted Programs" and taking special challenge courses. I had some attitude problems at school, and finally after about 2 years of spending every day in the principals office my grade 2 teacher realized that it was because I was finding the work to easy. I ended up taking some comprehensive IQ test and got a score of 156. The guy who gave the results to my parents suggested to them that they don't let me play sports as it would be too dangerous as I could get a head injury and squander my "gift".
Well they let me keep playing lacrosse and hockey, but at the same time kept an open mind to the gifted programs they suggested.
I remember one instance when I had to leave my lacrosse game early to go to some seminar for some program and I was pissed about it. We got there, and within about 15 minutes me and my parents left.
Compounded with the fact I wanted nothing to do with it, my parents were shocked at how practically every parent in there was pushing their kids to become what they wanted them to be, and were practically scoffing at them because they let me play organized sports.
It was along the lines of "Oh, we don't let Timmy play sports, it's a waste of his gift. He needs to be studying so he can get into this special program once he gets to Middle School".
After that my parents just asked me "Do you want to go to this program?" If I said yes (which was rare) I would go, and if I said no, then they didn't force me to go.

I played and loved lacrosse for another 6 years, took up rugby for a few years, and still play hockey.
I'm extremely grateful that my parents were willing to let me do what made me happy.

You were lucky mate , there were no accelerated learning classes when i went to school , after my first year of high school i was put in the trouble maker class , i was able to retain the knowledge the teacher imparted the first time she/he imparted it , and i would get bored , combine that with the battle of wills i was involved in with the religious members{priests}of my high schools faculty , this all contributed to a rather crappy learning enviroment.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#37 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Stanford-Binet and the MENSA home test, which I passed, says otherwise. I will actually agree with you on something, however. The online tests are bunk. Every single one of them. I keep my brain sharp with Lumosity and logic problems, and those online tools are very useful, but I would never be foolish enough to take an online IQ test result with anything more than a grain of salt.

Stanford Binet is not the same as IQ

Mensa home test doesn't give you an IQ, either

so, uh, where'd you get your 179 from?
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#38 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Stanford Binet is not the same as IQ

Mensa home test doesn't give you an IQ, either

so, uh, where'd you get your 179 from?

I was tested last my senior year of high school if that's any of your business.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#39 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I was tested last my senior year of high school if that's any of your business.

who administered the test?

can i see the documentation of the results?
Posted Image

#40 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

who administered the test?

can i see the documentation of the results?

Dr Victor M. Rosado, my psych doctor was the one who administered the test...and no, I'm not going to go riffling through my file in our locked cabinet in the basement just to appease a troll on a hockey forum.
Posted Image

#41 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

didn't think so
Posted Image

#42 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm not going to respond to you henceforth.
Posted Image

#43 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

This topic has gone way too far off topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.