The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Washington (keeping it simple)

Luongo or Schneider. don't keep on aboout which goalie is leaving, who knows.

for

Marcus Johansson

Braden Holtby

1st/2nd round pick.

Not going to throw in raymond/ballard/connauton/picks

That's fair value in my opinion.

Daniel - Henrik - Zack

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Johansson - Hansen/Higgins

Lapierre - Malhotra - Volpatti/Weise

I wouldn't say physicality is his forte. Unless we want to bring back another physical player to play with him, I'd rather keep the 3rd line with three speedy workhorses, then. We could bring Brouwer & Laich instead, but that would require making space for them.

Here's where I'm confused with doing that.

Daniel - Henrik - Kass / cool no prob.

Booth - Kesler - Burrows / cool no prob.

Now it's at that point where do we have too much depth?

Brouwer - Laich - Higgins

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Volpatti

So, uh, I don't know. I doubt Raymond, Higgins, or Hansen would be happy playing on the fourth line, and then have one of Malhotra and Lapierre sitting out..

Also, yeah we could move some for picks, but is there a market for them? I'd assume none of them individually are going to get us more than a 3rd round pick, but yeah. I'm also a huge fan of each player. They're all workhorses. I think we could improve in other places.

If you throw in a little offense going Washington's way then you're getting close to a workable deal. Raymond or Higgins won't work cause they are both UFAs at the end of the year and it's doubtful that Washington would send such a good prospect and an early pick in a deep draft for a player that may leave when the year is up. Maybe Booth if he's healthy when the trade goes down, or Hansen + Archibald or Friesen. They'd probably take Schroeder, but I'd be reluctant to give him up.

In my opinion, there's three players we should never give up because they're workhorses, and you always see them making the extra effort to finish a check, or hold the puck in, or win a faceoff.

Burrows, Hansen, and Malhotra.

Three key players that do the little things that help us win games.

In my opinion, there's three players we should never give up because they're workhorses, and you always see them making the extra effort to finish a check, or hold the puck in, or win a faceoff.

Burrows, Hansen, and Malhotra.

Three key players that do the little things that help us win games.

Exactly, Aladeen. When I look at our top6 , I see a lot of these players. Kass fits nicely, and brings in that heart factor that Burrows did to the first line, while being a huge physical presence that will fluck anyone who flucks with the Sedins. Booth, Burrows and Kesler will always go the extra mile. The bottom six needs to be a full of consistent, hard working players. We have these, but I don't think we're all the way there. I think centring Johannson between those guys would be a one of our better options. If we want a bulkier third line, I'd look at something of bringing back both Laich & Brouwer, and moving Kassian down to the 3rd line as well. We'd need to move pieces back to make space for them, though. (call me crazy)

Daniel Henrik Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows.

Brouwer/Raymond Laich Hansen/Higgins

My mind works weirdly.

I'm not really interested in Johansson. He's another middle-six player of which we have a ton of, and he doesn't bring any thing more/extra than Raymond really. Caps fans on HFboards have also been ragging on his advanced stats etc.

I'd propose Luongo, and Raymond for Brouwer, Wilson and Neuvirth. I feel like that's fair enough. Brouwer adds more grit which we'll need for a playoff run while still playing at a 20 goal pace. Wilson is another powerforward player to add to our thin prospect pool. Neuvirth obviously to backup Schneider.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Schroeder - Brouwer

Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti/Weise

Can run a four line team.Good mix of skill, speed and grit on each line.

Archived