The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's a race: Cody Hodgson vs Zach Kassian

I am going to start out by saying that I was shocked by the Cody Hodgson trade like anyone else, but now I am happy the trade was made. But I was also shocked to see how close the STATs are between these two players this year. They both have scored 5 goals and have played significant roles on their respective teams. I think this trade has worked out the best for both teams and I hope they continue to make it interesting.

Cody Hodgson - 9 games: TOI/Game = 18:59, Points = 9 (5 Goals, 4 Assists), Shots = 29, +/-0

Zach Kassian - 8 games: TOI/Game = 16:20, Points = 6 (5 Goals, 1 Assists), Shots = 17, +1

Who do you think will finish with more points this year? Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

Go Kassian!!

post-77176-0-70706400-1360019348_thumb.j

I should also note that hits are 21/6 in "the Kassassin"s favour and Kassian is 1 for 2 in fights so far this year (http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/7405/fightcard/reg2013) So I agree that it's not all about points!

Well I really hate when people constantly bring up the Kassian trade, but I guess it's unavoidable that some people just won't stop looking at it.

Kassian/Hodgson are two very different kinds of players and it is extremely unfair to measure them against each other based off of point production...

Agreed.

To make it thorough, they should almost include Kyle Beach in the comparison considering how many people originally wished the Canucks drafted him instead. And maybe include the 4 or 5 other players that Gillis was reportedly looking at in the Hodgson trade. Might as well throw them in there too.

I am going to start out by saying that I was shocked by the Cody Hodgson trade like anyone else, but now I am happy the trade was made. But I was also shocked to see how close the STATs are between these two players this year. They both have scored 5 goals and have played significant roles on their respective teams. I think this trade has worked out the best for both teams and I hope they continue to make it interesting.

Cody Hodgson - 9 games: TOI/Game = 18:59, Points = 9 (5 Goals, 4 Assists), Shots = 29, +/-0

Zach Kassian - 8 games: TOI/Game = 16:20, Points = 6 (5 Goals, 1 Assists), Shots = 17, +1

Who do you think will finish with more points this year? Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

Go Kassian!!

Cody will likely finish with more points, it won't be a major difference though, and Zack will have alot of other things. (Fights, Hits) That will make up for it.

Now moving away from Cody for a second.

The thing with Zack is, if he is this good this season, I can't wait to see what he will be like next year.

Archived