The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks system is very obvious haha

yete

There are certainly some glaringly obvious issues with this team, and they have been addressed already in this thread I'm sure: the Sedins, the PP, slow starts time and time again. If the playoffs started tomorrow, this team wouldn't get out of the first round.

Compare LA at the beginning of last year til after the second half, coaches murray or sutter..

Night and Day! AV is a good coach, i just feel there's got to be better coaches for the personnel on this team out there

Maybe, but I can't see any reasonable justification for canning AV at this point or any point throughout the season, even if we do struggle from here on out. He's here to stay for the following season at least.

It doesnt have to be someone with a ring, just a new voice, maybe a history of being hard assed and hard nosed. Thats what this team needs.

When Pittsburgh got Bylsma and won the cup, that was Bylsma's first NHL coaching job.

The resume doesnt matter

Why are you slamming Gillis OP.. The system is the coaches problem. Fire AV, time for a shakeup in the locker room, this team doesnt lack skill, it lacks a real leader in the dressing room thats NOT wearing a pair of skates. Players should fear their coach, ask Doughty what he thinks of Sutter. With AV we will never win anything. All of AV's success has been from Gillis, the Sedins, and Luongo.

Time for a change

Sutter got Calgary to game 7 stanley cup final. That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

MacT got Edmonton to game 7 stanley cup final.

That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

Alain Vigneault took a very stacked, lead the league in almost every stat that year, team to game 7 stanley cup finals. Almost blew a 3-0 lead in round one to Chicago, and got spanked 4-0 in game 7 stanley cup final at home, no emotion, 6 packs of gum chewed.

Does not get the most out of his players, he is whats holding us back from the holy grail, barring injuries we were almost good enough to do it with(out) him.

My points is AV has been perrenially carried by the goaltending and made to seem like a better coach. Without Roberto AV wouldn't be considered as good as he is. I have already stated why he should go.

But what do you think his strengths are?

Well if we want to blow possibly our greatest chance at a cup, then by all means. Keep AV, then we can can him next year when we lose all our depth, and we will never get a chance like this again.

Sutter got Calgary to game 7 stanley cup final. That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

Alain Vigneault took a very stacked, lead the league in almost every stat that year, team to game 7 stanley cup finals. Almost blew a 3-0 lead in round one to Chicago, and got spanked 4-0 in game 7 stanley cup final at home, no emotion, 6 packs of gum chewed.

Does not get the most out of his players, he is whats holding us back from the holy grail, barring injuries we were almost good enough to do it with(out) him.

I still have it in an open tab, I intend to reply to it after my show or tommorow.

But here is the thing, there are probably alot of other coaches that could have won with this team too. I mean we are stacked. What are his actual strengths as a coach that help and fit this team?

The thing that goes against AV, is since our team is so good, how come we struggle so much and how come the struggles are all the same and how come they keep happening? We can change personnel as much as we want but at a point we have to realize the problems for our failures run deeper than that.

Rubbish.

Even in Lu's first season, the team defence was the absolute reason for any semblance of success. Night in and night out the defence kept even the most potent offense to the outside. Lu was the icing on the cake.

The last 3-4 years, the Canucks offence have carried this team. The numbers do not lie.

AV's talents are layered and many.

His concept of execution and high % plays with the correct assembly of players works. Players are rewarded with good shifts/games. He seems to have a good eye for players having good or bad stretches, To be fair, he has missed that mark at times with team management. They are very few and far between.

How is it not apparent that you fail to witness how he has promoted players and let them play to their strengths?!

Archived