Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks system is very obvious haha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#31 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, the Canucks should get rid of that AV guy.

I understand that Ron Wilson is available, and if the team wants to wait just bit maybe Lindy Ruff, Peter Laviolette, or Adam Oates will be by with an application...

regards,
G.

Sweet!! Ron Wilson? Anything must be better than AV :bigblush:
Posted Image

#32 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Bring this post up in June, then we can talk. :bigblush:

Sure thing why don't we bet on it. If AV is no longer coach in June I will put whatever you want in my sig so long as it complies with board rules and if he still is I get to choose your rule compliant sig.
Posted Image

#33 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yes 2 NW division titles and 2 Presidents trophies in that time, I'm sure your coaching strategies would have been way more effective! :rolleyes:

How do you know we aren't underachieving? Are you saying that our results are good enough?

#34 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,091 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I honestly don't care if we slide in sideways, do a cartwheel and finish off with the macarena....as long as we win, don't care.

We're beating good, tough teams. Does that matter at all?

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#35 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

How do you know we aren't underachieving? Are you saying that our results are good enough?

Yes they should have won the president's trophy the past two years by more points :picard: that is all AVs fault
Posted Image

#36 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Sure thing why don't we bet on it. If AV is no longer coach in June I will put whatever you want in my sig so long as it complies with board rules and if he still is I get to choose your rule compliant sig.

Reading comprehension FTW!

I said nothing about AV being fired, highly doubt he will be.

What I will say is watch him once again get out coached and continue with his stubbornness when it really counts and pay for it.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#37 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

What I will say is watch him once again get out coached and continue with his stubbornness when it really counts and pay for it.

If he is as bad as you say then there is no reason not to take the bet. If he is consistently outcoached and destroys the Canucks young talent then Canucks management should be catching on to it anytime now and his days are numbered. From what you're telling me he is getting his walking papers right about..... now LOL

Edit: What you are saying is only subjective and is your OPINION, therefore in June you will spew the same garbage you are now so W/E if you're not man enough to back up your words with a bet then you're even less worth my time than I thought.

Edited by Aladeen, 04 February 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Posted Image

#38 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Dump and chase is good... but only if your team is good AT it! haha

#39 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

If anyone noticed today his mindless line juggling didn't pay off. It was Bieksa's slapshot that luckily tipped off the defencemen and deflected passed Dubnyk.

What really makes me angry about AV is when he says things along the lines of "we found a way to win." Is he relying on lucky bounces to win? Does he not have a plan for sucess? Why not find out what it is that happens when the team wins so you can, you know, practice it and refine or improve it?

#40 WonderKes

WonderKes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Tanev....................That is all.

#41 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

If anyone noticed today his mindless line juggling didn't pay off. It was Bieksa's slapshot that luckily tipped off the defencemen and deflected passed Dubnyk.

What really makes me angry about AV is when he says things along the lines of "we found a way to win." Is he relying on lucky bounces to win? Does he not have a plan for sucess? Why not find out what it is that happens when the team wins so you can, you know, practice it and refine or improve it?

Yah winningest coach in Canucks history has relied on lucky bounces to get there ROFL What is he supposed to say we got down to an inferior team and we executed our superior plan to a tee and of course we got the W. You have to be careful what you say to the media and show a certain level of humility otherwise you are the first segment of every Hockey show for a week.
Posted Image

#42 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

I thought the Canucks are built to win with skills...not people are saying that we are not a skilled teams.
If we are not a skilled teams, yet, we are sure not a big and tough team, WHAT ARE WE?????

I wish we were bigger by a tough 6'4-6'5 230 lb 2nd line forward and ditto for a Dman with a good offensive upside for both = Stanley Cup for us but their hard to come by.. availablity for one, cap reasons for two... cmon MG git er done! ( i wish )
HABS SUCK!!!

#43 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

we need a guy like eberle or dats, a guy witch great stickhandling who can weave past the defenders then make a play

#44 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yah winningest coach in Canucks history has relied on lucky bounces to get there ROFL What is he supposed to say we got down to an inferior team and we executed our superior plan to a tee and of course we got the W. You have to be careful what you say to the media and show a certain level of humility otherwise you are the first segment of every Hockey show for a week.

Hey do you know the winningest coach in the Sabres history? Probably! Yes it's Lindy Ruff. Unfortunetly nobody cares because he hasn't led them to any Stanley Cups yet, so it doesn't matter. My point is it doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing when he starts juggling lines after 1 bad period. He knows his team is sloppy out of the gate and yet he still switches things up for the 2nd. Why not just switch things up before the game, in practice, and give the players some time to build chemistry? Also playing the same style of hockey for the last 5 years without great success doesn't look good either.

#45 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

we need a guy like eberle or dats, a guy witch great stickhandling who can weave past the defenders then make a play

Ryan Kesler says hi.

Edited by nuckin_futz, 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#46 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

They don't play a dump 'n chase game. They play a transition game. Get it out of the zone and get it in the offensive zone as fast as possible to catch the other team off and create turnovers. You need speed for that. The Canucks have speed.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#47 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Hey do you know the winningest coach in the Sabres history? Probably! Yes it's Lindy Ruff. Unfortunetly nobody cares because he hasn't led them to any Stanley Cups yet, so it doesn't matter. My point is it doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing when he starts juggling lines after 1 bad period. He knows his team is sloppy out of the gate and yet he still switches things up for the 2nd. Why not just switch things up before the game, in practice, and give the players some time to build chemistry? Also playing the same style of hockey for the last 5 years without great success doesn't look good either.

lol don't waste your time responding to Aladeen, writes the same things in every post and followed by "better coach then you".
Posted Image

#48 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

lol don't waste your time responding to Aladeen, writes the same things in every post and followed by "better coach then you".

Yah I have said that so many times... You're a disgrace to Rypien's name!
Posted Image

#49 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

I guess we should hire Peter Laviolette he has a Cup so I guess he is way better than AV :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#50 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Lol. Well he does have me there. Unfortunetly, I have way fewer President's Trophys and NW titles to show than AV :(

I guess we should hire Peter Laviolette he has a Cup so I guess he is way better than AV :rolleyes:

Hey you said it, not me!

Edited by Bagofcats, 04 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#51 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yah I have said that so many times... You're a disgrace to Rypien's name!

Thanks for proving my point even further.

I'm not a douche and I don't care so I won't report you for personal attacks but I'm sure someone else will.
Posted Image

#52 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for proving my point even further.

I'm not a douche and I don't care so I won't report you for personal attacks but I'm sure someone else will.

This is as wrong as you have ever been and thats saying something. Show some facts rather than just your same old pathetic opinion: WAAAAAH WAAAH he doesn't coach how I like it, Boohooo no cup is all AVs fault, he ruins all our young players....
Posted Image

#53 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

that is exactly what I have been saying. Our system is so bad. Good D in playoffs know how to stop it and we can not do anything. For example the Bruins. Their D knows how to deal with it so that is why we scored 7 goals in the whole series. Obviously when we face crappy or mediocre teams we look good. When playoffs come around Sedins are shut down while the other top paid players are sniping us.

#54 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I thought the Canucks are built to win with skills...not people are saying that we are not a skilled teams.
If we are not a skilled teams, yet, we are sure not a big and tough team, WHAT ARE WE?????

The Canucks have skilled players, but without Kesler, they are short on finishers. This edition has no Naslund, Bure, Mogilny or the like - getting Kesler back should help a lot - if he can play like Kesler...

#55 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

that is exactly what I have been saying. Our system is so bad. Good D in playoffs know how to stop it and we can not do anything. For example the Bruins. Their D knows how to deal with it so that is why we scored 7 goals in the whole series. Obviously when we face crappy or mediocre teams we look good. When playoffs come around Sedins are shut down while the other top paid players are sniping us.

so how come the blackhawks predators and sharks couldn't stop our system

#56 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Injuries killed our team against the Bruins - Hamhuis screwed his back, Edler - broken hand, Rome suspended, Raymond - broken back, Kesler - labrum, Henrik - injured back, etc. We were going well until the injuries piled up. Teams that win the Stanley Cup not only have to be good, they have to stay healthy.

#57 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

so how come the blackhawks predators and sharks couldn't stop our system

Obviously Every Canuck win is in spite of AV, he doesn't do anything but chew gum and ruin all the prospects!! :lol:
Posted Image

#58 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Injuries killed our team against the Bruins - Hamhuis screwed his back, Edler - broken hand, Rome suspended, Raymond - broken back, Kesler - labrum, Henrik - injured back, etc. We were going well until the injuries piled up. Teams that win the Stanley Cup not only have to be good, they have to stay healthy.

Shhhh these guys think winning the cup is as easy as the Coach really really really wanting it and AV just kinda wants it!
Posted Image

#59 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Shhhh these guys think winning the cup is as easy as the Coach really really really wanting it and AV just kinda wants it!

I have never seen someone so passionately and relentlessly stick up for all this AV slander. If he had half the heart you do, this team would have won WAY more President's Trophys lol

#60 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

I have never seen someone so passionately and relentlessly stick up for all this AV slander. If he had half the heart you do, this team would have won WAY more President's Trophys lol

Hey with some of the talk around here anyone can do it! I'm all for firing his ass if I can be coach, but I don't promise any kind of success except for a damn good chance at a lottery pick.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.