146 replies to this topic

#91 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

My points is AV has been perrenially carried by the goaltending and made to seem like a better coach. Without Roberto AV wouldn't be considered as good as he is. I have already stated why he should go.

But what do you think his strengths are?

Well if we want to blow possibly our greatest chance at a cup, then by all means. Keep AV, then we can can him next year when we lose all our depth, and we will never get a chance like this again.

Guess you didn't want to reply to my long post but I can answer this one: The Canucks Win many more games than they lose with him as the coach. That is all the strengths a coach needs.
Posted Image

#92 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

OMG imagine the posting if we were actually near the bottom of the standings.

AV WILL NOT BE FIRED WHILE THE CANUCKS ARE STILL WINNING GAMES!!!!!

If anyone hopes that the Canucks lose games for this to happen they are NOT Canuck fans.

When did i say that? Quit arguing with everyone

#93 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Sutter got Calgary to game 7 stanley cup final. That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

MacT got Edmonton to game 7 stanley cup final.
That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

Alain Vigneault took a very stacked, lead the league in almost every stat that year, team to game 7 stanley cup finals. Almost blew a 3-0 lead in round one to Chicago, and got spanked 4-0 in game 7 stanley cup final at home, no emotion, 6 packs of gum chewed.

Does not get the most out of his players, he is whats holding us back from the holy grail, barring injuries we were almost good enough to do it with(out) him.

But he took them there... Your arguments are weak, You cant say for sure Sutter or MacT would have made a lick of difference in 2011. Those teams weren't the media villans, they didn't have to put up with the same level of crap that the Canucks did on ice and off ice. So give me a break - if you honestly think MacT is a better coach than AV then you have literally zero credibility.
Posted Image

#94 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Guess you didn't want to reply to my long post but I can answer this one: The Canucks Win many more games than they lose with him as the coach. That is all the strengths a coach needs.

I still have it in an open tab, I intend to reply to it after my show or tommorow.

But here is the thing, there are probably alot of other coaches that could have won with this team too. I mean we are stacked. What are his actual strengths as a coach that help and fit this team?

The thing that goes against AV, is since our team is so good, how come we struggle so much and how come the struggles are all the same and how come they keep happening? We can change personnel as much as we want but at a point we have to realize the problems for our failures run deeper than that.

zackass.png

#95 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

When did i say that? Quit arguing with everyone

I never said you said anything. And I will once you armchair coaches stop posting your OPINION of AV and back it up with some facts that he is a bad coach otherwise you are all just spewing the same old emotional Canuck fan drivel. Pathetic Really.
Posted Image

#96 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

I still have it in an open tab, I intend to reply to it after my show or tommorow.

But here is the thing, there are probably alot of other coaches that could have won with this team too. I mean we are stacked. What are his actual strengths as a coach that help and fit this team?

The thing that goes against AV, is since our team is so good, how come we struggle so much and how come the struggles are all the same and how come they keep happening? We can change personnel as much as we want but at a point we have to realize the problems for our failures run deeper than that.

And the Bruins weren't stacked? Give me a break... + they were HEALTHY + The world was on their side + Their Owner is the Chairman of the Board of Executives of the NHL + The head of NHL disciplinary was a Bruin's father (who yes stepped aside for the finals but if you think he had no influence on the suspension you need to get your head examined) + the Godly play of Tim Thomas to boot... Yah so with all that which side was stacked exactly?

Yah the Bruins didn't really want the cup they just felt AV didn't want it enough.

There is obviously no changing anyone's opinion about anything regardless of facts so w/e I GIVE UP Hate AV all you want it won't make a damn bit of difference he is here until he doesn't win games.
Posted Image

#97 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

My points is AV has been perrenially carried by the goaltending and made to seem like a better coach. Without Roberto AV wouldn't be considered as good as he is. I have already stated why he should go.
But what do you think his strengths are?

Rubbish.

Even in Lu's first season, the team defence was the absolute reason for any semblance of success. Night in and night out the defence kept even the most potent offense to the outside. Lu was the icing on the cake.

The last 3-4 years, the Canucks offence have carried this team. The numbers do not lie.

AV's talents are layered and many.

His concept of execution and high % plays with the correct assembly of players works. Players are rewarded with good shifts/games. He seems to have a good eye for players having good or bad stretches, To be fair, he has missed that mark at times with team management. They are very few and far between.

How is it not apparent that you fail to witness how he has promoted players and let them play to their strengths?!

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#98 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Sutter got Calgary to game 7 stanley cup final. That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

MacT got Edmonton to game 7 stanley cup final.
That teams problem was management and personnel, he got the most out of his players.

Alain Vigneault took a very stacked, lead the league in almost every stat that year, team to game 7 stanley cup finals. Almost blew a 3-0 lead in round one to Chicago, and got spanked 4-0 in game 7 stanley cup final at home, no emotion, 6 packs of gum chewed.

Does not get the most out of his players, he is whats holding us back from the holy grail, barring injuries we were almost good enough to do it with(out) him.

Idiocy.

Every fictional anti-AV sentiment in one short post.

Use your mind.

Posted Image

#99 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Rubbish.

Even in Lu's first season, the team defence was the absolute reason for any semblance of success. Night in and night out the defence kept even the most potent offense to the outside. Lu was the icing on the cake.

The last 3-4 years, the Canucks offence have carried this team. The numbers do not lie.

AV's talents are layered and many.

His concept of execution and high % plays with the correct assembly of players works. Players are rewarded with good shifts/games. He seems to have a good eye for players having good or bad stretches, To be fair, he has missed that mark at times with team management. They are very few and far between.

How is it not apparent that you fail to witness how he has promoted players and let them play to their strengths?!

Sorry bad beats but I have learned that logic and reason has no place here!
Posted Image

#100 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Sorry bad beats but I have learned that logic and reason has no place here!

Right?!

Its is not that AV is without faults, but his few shortcomings become this ridiculous orgy of bias that makes zero sense when the general public chimes in.

He has been nothing short of excellent for this team. To say any different is just flat out silly.

Posted Image

#101 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hey with some of the talk around here anyone can do it! I'm all for firing his ass if I can be coach, but I don't promise any kind of success except for a damn good chance at a lottery pick.

This is the first thing you have said that I actually believe.....I have no doubt you are a failure.

#102 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

This is the first thing you have said that I actually believe.....I have no doubt you are a failure.

This coming from the guy that wanted the Twins not resigned and Kesler traded.

Posted Image

#103 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

This coming from the guy that wanted the Twins not resigned and Kesler traded.

Oops, did I offend you on your dupe account? Seriously man, it takes a secure person to admit they are wrong, like I was about the Sedins. But it takes a real winner to call somebody out now over something they thought many years ago. At least the guy I quoted bases his failed thoughts on current events......what is your excuse? And just for the record, Kesler is a whiner and a diver who I have little respect for as a player because of how he cheapens the game and hurts his team with his antics. I would love to see him traded.

#104 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Bedbeats, your blind love for all things AV is pathetic. I bet when he is fired you will cry.

#105 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

How many Stanley Cups in that time?

With a team the Canuck's iced over most of those years, MOST coaches in the league would have accomplished what AV has.

He is EXTREMELY stubborn, predictable and close minded and it has shown.

Maybe if MG had given AV a couple of the obviously missing pieces we were short of in that time we might have got that SC cup.

Talk, bargain, talk, project, talk, bargain, talk project............and the months fly by. I agree with one thing though this team has hung Lu out to dry by under performing in the SC......and certainly by not having these pieces We will make a huge mistake trading him.
Kevin.jpg

#106 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

"it takes a secure person to admit they are wrong, like I was about the Sedins."

Alternatively someone who realises what a dope they were. :lol:
Kevin.jpg

#107 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

"it takes a secure person to admit they are wrong, like I was about the Sedins."

No just someone who realises that they were wrong , and is wise and honest enough to admit to himself and others that this was case.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#108 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

MG has proven time and again that he is 100% behind AV. If he didn't think AV could bring out the best in this team, he wouldn't have re-signed him. Whatever you see on the ice is a reflection of MG's choices.

IMO, this team has done really well over the years. We've seen some awesome hockey and our team have won some incredible games. The 2011 SC run was amazing and in the end, only came down to one game. I know I will hear the infamous "there are no excuses for losing", but I beg to differ on that. The likelyhood of winning a SCF with your top two Cs and top 3 Ds (Hamhuis, Edler, Erhoff) injured is pretty slim. You can't blame AV for those injuries. That's hockey.

#109 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

3? PP's ...3 Edler drop pass on the entry.. He is by far the worst culprate.. hasn't really bit them tonight but man.. hell even the Sedins admitted they need to try something new and we continue to see the same stuff.

Exactly why AV is a one trick pony and they need a coach that knows offence not just dump and change defencive hockey

#110 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I can't disagree with that, but that still doesn't make a case for firing AV.

edit: I think the main problem is that Canuck fans smoke too much weed and thus have memory issues. People forget Keenan, Renney, Ley, Even the best coaches we have had in Crow and Quinn weren't as good as AV. Maybe people are bored of winning. I think that fans here wish we took the Oilers route and tanked for years to build up with first overall picks. - Hey not a bad idea if it could be guaranteed but its not! I'd rather have a coach that competes year after year! That is just my opinion.

Hey man, I smoke lots o weed, but still understand that the grass is always greener... Even then, I got no complaints... Maybe less back passing...other than that.. =)

#111 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Better a dope than a doofus? ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#112 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

What is the OP talking about?? For every dump and chase zone entry there is a non-dump and chase zone entry perhaps like this one, analyzed by PITB:

http://vansunsportsb...ago-blackhawks/

Edited by CB007, 05 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

Posted Image

#113 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

AV has yet to show he has the ability to change tactics and systems in the playoffs .. he is a great regular season coach and a stubborn mule when the games really count .. if we canna win in 5 games or less in the playoffs, we are in trouble ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#114 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

What is happening?

A yete thread that isn't just a troll thread? People are actually having a discussion?

What happen?

RIP LB RR PD

#115 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Go prowl the Avs boards or the wild boards or whatever rock you came out from under. You offer nothing of value... to anyone or anything. Usless siv.
Posted Image

#116 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

AV system was made to look good by talent and weak division since 2008 not to mention Oilers, Colorado have been in rebuilds and as for Calgary we all know they suck. The last two years the won the president trophy and not one other team from their division made the playoffs.
Alot of Keslers and Sedins points came off weak divisional opponents the year Kesler netted 40.
Thus why good teams can adapt and beat the same old AV system. it been the same for years. Exactly why AV's team has bad blowouts in the playoffs because he stubborn,predictable and has no offencive coaching abilities. Sick of his defend a lead or die mentality. The only one fooled by the Canucks System is AV.

#117 danjr

danjr

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

30 teams make it really hard to win the Stanley Cup every year since 2008.
But about half the idiots here think we should have won it every year since then.

l am happy with all the hardware we have garnered in that time. Sure in the hell is better than what 27 other teams have gained in the past two years.

Quit your complaining.
Calling dibs on a Presidents trophy. Boy did I call that right X2.

#118 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

AV system was made to look good by talent and weak division since 2008 not to mention Oilers, Colorado have been in rebuilds and as for Calgary we all know they suck. The last two years the won the president trophy and not one other team from their division made the playoffs.
Alot of Keslers and Sedins points came off weak divisional opponents the year Kesler netted 40.
Thus why good teams can adapt and beat the same old AV system. it been the same for years. Exactly why AV's team has bad blowouts in the playoffs because he stubborn,predictable and has no offencive coaching abilities. Sick of his defend a lead or die mentality. The only one fooled by the Canucks System is AV.

I was going to reply to this post but as English is clearly not your first language and probably not your second either, I won't bother.
Posted Image

#119 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,733 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

If our system is so obvious, how did we get two presidents trophys?

Edited by Snake Doctor, 05 February 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Posted Image

#120 danjr

danjr

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

what an idiot. 487 times people have surpassed 40 goals. lt is a large accomplishment ........no matter who you play against. (take out guys like wayne, gartner, lemieux and a bunch of others and that group then is about 300)

So now does that make Gretzky's records mean nothing because he played against so many pathetically weak teams?

You logic is flawed.
Calling dibs on a Presidents trophy. Boy did I call that right X2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.