The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks system is very obvious haha

yete

Yeah, that's right... Insult the system that has won us numerous games and made us one of the top teams in the national hockey league, right... lol

It's not the system you should be insinuating has let us down, it's the adaption during the playoffs that needs work. AV needs to have some secret strategies tucked away, instead of putting it all on the ice every night... It's worked good enough thus far, but when some of these coaches get to the playoffs they step their mental game up to a higher level than the "average bear."

We have the team, after the Lu deal (If a good enough trade is made) we'll have the few missing pieces we need to push us over the edge, it's then up to AV to make the right choices and our players to go for broke and win. Can't wait for this years playoffs, as John Shorthouse would say it's gonna be a dooziee! ::D

edit: I think the main problem is that Canuck fans smoke too much weed and thus have memory issues. People forget Keenan, Renney, Ley, Even the best coaches we have had in Crow and Quinn weren't as good as AV. Maybe people are bored of winning. I think that fans here wish we took the Oilers route and tanked for years to build up with first overall picks. - Hey not a bad idea if it could be guaranteed but its not! I'd rather have a coach that competes year after year! That is just my opinion.

I don't know about that, AV has way more than Quinn and Crow ever did, I wouldn't mind seeing either here personally, although if I had to choose, I would love to have Pat, I think he is the perfect coach for what we need. He is great at motivating and getting the most out of guys, that's what we need.

Alot of coaches could win PT's with the teams we have had.

Well Quinn is a God so he was a bad example. but in the new NHL when a team out skills you or out bruises you a boring game style is sometimes the only way to win. Thats not just on AV thats what the NHL allows for. I don't think Crow's coaching style flies especially with the team AV had back in '07

If we were to run and gun with the Oilers... we lose. Obviously AV is defence first but I personally don't think thats a bad thing.

We played alright tonight, the issue with tonights game is that AV didn't get us ready to play, and that he didn't do anything to try to help the PP along, aside from that I thought we carried the play for alot of the game, especially when we started to attack.

Why are you slamming Gillis OP.. The system is the coaches problem. Fire AV, time for a shakeup in the locker room, this team doesnt lack skill, it lacks a real leader in the dressing room thats NOT wearing a pair of skates. Players should fear their coach, ask Doughty what he thinks of Sutter. With AV we will never win anything. All of AV's success has been from Gillis, the Sedins, and Luongo.

Time for a change

Archived