The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Fading?

cabinessence

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

By the time RNH, yakupov, eberle And hall hit their prime, sedins will be past theirs.

If we can't beat them this year ( not this game, but this year including playoffs ) .... I'd say the window has closed

But the way the sedins are playing right now - cause the Sedins are our window - I'd say it is past already. I hope hope hopehope antelope givealope hope a lot hope whatever hop beer Joppy hoppy beer frack ....

If they don't get it together at some point this year they NEVER will.... Hope!!!!!

thing is back in when Sedins started to get it going, both brother's were hard to play against, but now, every team has faced them a couple of times already throughout the years and are figuring out their game. That's the thing I don't like about our team and players, they never want to change their game when things go bad. They always say they go to "stick to their game plan". It's really annoying and horribly untrue. Now that all teams have figured out the Sedins, it's easy to shut them down now. They need to change their game or else they won't be as successful as past years when Hank won the Art Ross Trophy. And yes I do believe that Sedins have just currently passed their prime and you will see a decline in their production. Don't expect a 1PPG+ seasons anymore from they. They good for 60-70 points in a 82 game season I'd say.

Archived