103 replies to this topic

#1 cabinessence

cabinessence

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...
Posted Imagecabinessence, on 06 February 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have a feeling they will score on the power play...cue bass solo!!
I called it!! I called it!!! Cue more bass solos!!!!!

#2 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

1000 posts before you can make topics please? All in favour?

Germany-2014-World-Cup-Final-Champions-W

#3 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Ill give them a few more games before i start to seriously worry. Do we put Burrows back on that line? Id rather not but they need a spark.

#4 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,335 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yeah I like their fades, must get their haircuts done Edward Scissorhands.

Subbancopy.jpg

#5 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

POPULAR

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

Quick trade them for whatever garbage we can get!!!! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#6 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

um yeah, faaading like a pulse _/\_/\_/\__/\__/\__/\___/\___/\____/\______/\________/\___________________ -_- <sarcasm>

The Sedin's still my favorite Canucks!

Cheers, 

Canucks fan in SoCal

#7 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

frack they obviously draw their shots.

But I'm sure they could hit a high fade if they wanted to ???? Or are they losing it?

Seriously, slump hit after the infamous Boston game to everyone's horror.... And it hasn't gone away. H'S was great by himself in playoffs, but not the same.... Any game now..... Ahem....

#8 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

This won't stop people from making dumb threads, it'll just encourage more spam. Which do you want more of?

#9 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Slow start sure, fading? Not quite, Naslund never recovered from the Moore hit

#10 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

By the time RNH, yakupov, eberle And hall hit their prime, sedins will be past theirs.

If we can't beat them this year ( not this game, but this year including playoffs ) .... I'd say the window has closed

But the way the sedins are playing right now - cause the Sedins are our window - I'd say it is past already. I hope hope hopehope antelope givealope hope a lot hope whatever hop beer Joppy hoppy beer frack ....

If they don't get it together at some point this year they NEVER will.... Hope!!!!!

#11 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

thing is back in when Sedins started to get it going, both brother's were hard to play against, but now, every team has faced them a couple of times already throughout the years and are figuring out their game. That's the thing I don't like about our team and players, they never want to change their game when things go bad. They always say they go to "stick to their game plan". It's really annoying and horribly untrue. Now that all teams have figured out the Sedins, it's easy to shut them down now. They need to change their game or else they won't be as successful as past years when Hank won the Art Ross Trophy. And yes I do believe that Sedins have just currently passed their prime and you will see a decline in their production. Don't expect a 1PPG+ seasons anymore from they. They good for 60-70 points in a 82 game season I'd say.

#12 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Interesting point, and quite valid.

If the Sedins are declining, we are in the early part of twilight.

I think they still want to bring us the grail, though.

#13 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

OT vs the oilers feeding tanev says hi
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#14 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

they jsut created a beautiful setup for Tanev's OT goal.... Sedins are just getting warmed up this season!!!!

#15 mpramoj

mpramoj

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

they jsut created a beautiful setup for Tanev's OT goal.... Sedins are just getting warmed up this season!!!!

YUP!

BELIEVE

#16 stanley2012

stanley2012

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hank won the battle on the blue-line to keep the puck in and assisted on the GWG.... He says hi

#17 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Doesn't matter if they do, we've got Tanev who will step up make make up for all lost production.

#18 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Oh wait, we WON!!!! Nevermind the Sedin's are peaking. *is what the OP is prob thinking now*

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#19 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,335 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

What a play by the superstar Sedins.

Sedins are faded.

Subbancopy.jpg

#20 ninja321

ninja321

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Did you not see that passing for the OT win ?
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by Me :)

#21 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

POPULAR

sedins are way better with burrows burrows dosent just sit infront of the net waiting to get set up for a tap in like kassian. watching sedins with kassian reminds me more less of the anson carter days where the sedins are stuck in the corner to do all the work for carter to get the glory first few shifts back with burrows the play mkaing was way better and front of the net was open for sedins to cycle to the front aswell as burrows and it created more chances.

#22 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

POPULAR

OP raises a valid discussion topic, and you morons attack him because they just made one play?

#23 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Nah.
Posted Image

#24 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

gary valk just backed me up " its plain to see burrows makes that line go"

#25 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

sedins are way better with burrows burrows dosent just sit infront of the net waiting to get set up for a tap in like kassian. watching sedins with kassian reminds me more less of the anson carter days where the sedins are stuck in the corner to do all the work for carter to get the glory first few shifts back with burrows the play mkaing was way better and front of the net was open for sedins to cycle to the front aswell as burrows and it created more chances.

I agree with this. Burr is the better forechecker. He digs hard for the puck, retrieves it, dishes it, the twins play keep away while Burr heads to the net and POW! I'd like to see more of it for the next game at least. I thought the twins with Burr looked once again like the Handle and Dangle Sedin's of old before the slump.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#26 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

They'll hit their stride OP, chill man

#27 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

They started to look better once Burrows was back on their line. Hopefully that can get them going again.
Posted Image

#28 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Damn Henrik if you weren't posting so much during games you wouldn't be fading into obscurity :P
Posted Image

#29 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

OP raises a valid discussion topic, and you morons attack him because they just made one play?

it is not really a valid discussion topic, its a slow start to the season, still getting their legs back, they make more mental plays and take more punishment than most, still draw most of the attention as we are more a one line team, shut down the Sedins, shut down the Canucks, at least thats how other teams look at it. Thankfully we are getting production from secondary scorers. The Sedins make smart plays and know where to put the puck probably three to four plays ahead of their opposition so I can't really say I see a decline.

#30 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

POPULAR

Anyone remember Hank going 11 games last year with only 1 assist. There are signs but only if you're not blind to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.