103 replies to this topic

#31 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well they both assisted on Tanev's game winner against the Oilers tonight so they still got it.

canucks141.png

#32 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

Like most of the players in the leage, especially vets ;like the Sedins , their just getting their legs. Talk to us at paly-off time, see if you have the same stupid question.

#33 Puck_you

Puck_you

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Too early to tell

#34 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

What?

#35 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Their up against every other teams top line every night, night in night out.. what do you expect?
HABS SUCK!!!

#36 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Just having a slow start like some of the other players in the league, they played good tonight and set up Tanev for the OT winner.
Posted Image

#37 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

sedins are way better with burrows burrows dosent just sit infront of the net waiting to get set up for a tap in like kassian. watching sedins with kassian reminds me more less of the anson carter days where the sedins are stuck in the corner to do all the work for carter to get the glory first few shifts back with burrows the play mkaing was way better and front of the net was open for sedins to cycle to the front aswell as burrows and it created more chances.

I thought I was the only one who saw this, I made a similar post a few days ago and a bunch of bandwagoneers said I was nuts. Zack makes himself gook good with the twins but avoids the hard work digging up pucks for the twins like the plage. Schroeder wins more puck battles than zack and he's half his size, he's just two dam lazy. He needs to learn how to work hard, but if he can he will be one hell of a player he has great hands.

#38 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

They started to come along in the game.

They have never had any type of serious injury (knock on wood)and they are in great physical shape

I think they put too much pressure on them selves when the other lines are struggling.

Kassian was great, but does not have the same chemistry with the twins as burrows.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#39 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

The reality is people do decline with age. It's the natural state of the world. But the Sedin's are still pro-performers. People get in slumps. Big deal, doesn't mean we put them out to pasture...

Cheers, 

Canucks fan in SoCal

#40 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, still too early in the season for that talk. If it's April and they are still like this, then maybe there's a problem. I sincerely believe that they have several years left in the tank, so don't you worry!

#41 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

The reality is people do decline with age. It's the natural state of the world. But the Sedin's are still pro-performers. People get in slumps. Big deal, doesn't mean we put them out to pasture...

While I agree they are still passing that puck like its on a string... the finish seems to have suffered a little but that will come. We're going to see an amazing game from them soon where everything is going in and nobody will remember this thread.
Posted Image

#42 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Quick trade them for whatever garbage we can get!!!! :rolleyes:

Sedins and Lu for Holtby, Brouwer, and Hendricks! We'll win the cup for sure! Do it MG!

#43 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

You never know what could happen. Look what's happened with Luongo and his resurgence.

No reason to believe the Sedins won't rebound.

#44 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

They started to come along in the game.

They have never had any type of serious injury (knock on wood)and they are in great physical shape

I think they put too much pressure on them selves when the other lines are struggling.

Kassian was great, but does not have the same chemistry with the twins as burrows.

Disagree, I think he has good chemistry with them he just a lazy player and can't help them in the cycle game. But if he could look out, he knows how to find the open area and has the hands.

#45 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

They have played 9 games over the last 9.5 months ...

#46 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Sedins and Lu for Holtby, Brouwer, and Hendricks! We'll win the cup for sure! Do it MG!

Before this season, admist the "Dump Luongo" campaign, I was going to suggest Luongo and twins to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Fleury. Like that deal would make us better (Sedins were supposed to be better than Crosby).

#47 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

1000 posts before you can make topics please? All in favour?

well to be honest the sedins system is clear as day now so it is much harder to get those goals.

#48 GoCanucksGo#1

GoCanucksGo#1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

It...hurt my brain...to read that..

#49 Magnum P I

Magnum P I

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Same old CDC. Lol.
Posted Image

#50 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

They need Kesler and Booth back to spread the offensive load.

#51 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Before this season, admist the "Dump Luongo" campaign, I was going to suggest Luongo and twins to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Fleury. Like that deal would make us better (Sedins were supposed to be better than Crosby).

Well, they've sure been healthier than Crosby - I don't know how wonderful it is to have the league's best player if he can't play more than a few games a year.

#52 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

well to be honest the sedins system is clear as day now so it is much harder to get those goals.

Yup how in the world did they ever get that pass to Tanev, what lucky passes! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#53 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

The Sedins probably aren't going to score over a point-per-game for a while, unless they have a Marleau-like resurgence.

However, while the twins regress a bit, our younger players are shining brighter. Hansen, Kassian and Raymond have really stepped up their games so far this season (not just for this game) as has Tanev, and Edler. Essentially, our stars are fading but our young guns are playing better, giving us a much more rounded out offence.

Players on the downslide: Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Malhotra, Bieksa
Players on the upswing: Kassian, Raymond, Hansen, Edler, Tanev
Posted Image

#54 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I think many of the opposing teams have them figured out. Maybe they should add new
elements to their game, some thing that our opponents would'nt expect from them.

#55 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Did you not see that passing for the OT win ?

Tanev's goal reminded me of the beauty of a goal Brad Lukowich scored against the Sabres a few years ago...magical set up from the Sedins to a wide open Luckowich. Was the goal of the year. Tanev's goal was pure gold...I loved the way the boys were so happy for Tanev.

#56 SippyCup

SippyCup

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

They need Kesler and Booth back to spread the offensive load.

EXACTLY. The Canucks' second line is a joke right now. The opposing team's best defenders are glued to the twins every night because they know they don't have to spread themselves thin covering the other lines. If Kesler comes back in full beast-mode, I think the twins will get more space to perform the surgery on opposing D that we've come to expect from them.

#57 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Maybe in a few seasons the twins may show signs of fading. Sorry they are just as dangerous when on the ice as in previous years. One thing that does set them apart from " other stars " if you will is that their success is based on their passing game not their speed. I think if they stay healthy and keep that puck on a string there is no reason they can't keep their numbers fairly high for many season to come.
Posted Image

#58 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

1000 posts before you can make topics please? All in favour?

Right, because every post that comes from somebody with over 1000 posts is just brilliant, correct?

Half of the ridiculous posts on these boards come from people with over a thousand posts because they surf the boards and have to post or reply to absolutely everything. Some of the worst posts come from chronic posters. Post count is absolutely no indication of a persons understanding of the sport, the inner workings of the sport, or the business of the sport.

I am not saying all posters with lots of posts have this, but there are many with this sense that they, and their opinions are superior to other people on these boards with fewer posts. It is almost as annoying as a new board member coming in here and posting a thread on something that has already been discussed to death.

#59 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,442 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Why is AV putting Ballard and Tanev out as the D pairing with the Sedins?
Tanev's OT winner notwithstanding, that pair doesn't generate much from the point and they don't hold the zone very well either. The Sedins spend more time retrieving pucks from their own zone because the D's can't keep it in. Maybe they need a more offensively gifted D pair back there??
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#60 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

They're saving it all for the playoffs... What kind of answers are you looking for here, buddy?

They'll play the right way when they're ready or want to, my money is on it being at the right time. They haven't let us down so far, so why would they all of a sudden just slack off and vanish now? Get your priorities in order and just cheer them on! It's only a matter of time. lol -_-

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 05 February 2013 - 12:04 AM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.