Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Sedins Fading?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#91 danjr

danjr

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Naslund was asked to buy into the defensive system at the time. He was displeased playing in that fashion. Once his contract was up he signed with NYR, so he could play his game again. He would have never left here if the system wasn't so detrimentally defensive.
Calling dibs on a Presidents trophy. Boy did I call that right X2.

#92 Dixon Ward

Dixon Ward

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Everybody always says that you need second-line scoring to take the pressure off the one line. This is common Hockey knowledge. Then when you are missing 2/3rds of your second line and playing a mishmash of 3rd liners and call-ups and the pressure is all on one line, somebody posts a topic about the twins fading. They also have a new linemate with no experience playing with elite players, let alone the Sedins. Give it a rest. Wait until Kesler comes back healthy starts drawing attention and punishing the d and tipping in pucks on the powerplay. Then if the Sedins are under a point a game, you may have something. At this point you are just a typical CDC poster looking for something to complain about. Take away that incredible stinker on opening night and the Canucks are off to an awesome start. Just enjoy it for god's sake! The Sedins had their best seasons when Kesler was having his best seasons, just like everybody says a team needs.

#93 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

OP raises a valid discussion topic, and you morons attack him because they just made one play?

Daniel Sedin has 7 points -- tied for 1rst on the canucks
Henrik Sedin has 6 points -- 3rd on the canucks

While they could be more dominating like they usually are in mid season, they are still picking up points so yah this is a dumb post.
They could be fading or they could be just slow out of the gate, either way it's too soon to be making posts like this.
At least until at least the end of the season before critiquing.

#94 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Oh oh! This is it! The Sedins are the new players to trash!! *rolls eyes*.

A) they are older
B) they didnt play all season. IT WAS A LOCK OUT and they didnt go over seas, because of their children
c) they have been playing with Kassian who has no chemistry with them whats so ever.

Now that Burrows is with them, there was that immediate spark right away, you can see it instantly. So shut up. And learn the game of hockey before you post.

Thanks, yes I am a girl.

You go girl! :emot-parrot:

thought this was necessary

#95 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

They don't seem to be two moves ahead of everyone right now like they were but there's a lot of players not at the top of their game right now.

#96 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

They started to look better once Burrows was back on their line. Hopefully that can get them going again.

agreed
Posted Image

#97 cabinessence

cabinessence

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

it is not really a valid discussion topic, its a slow start to the season, still getting their legs back, they make more mental plays and take more punishment than most, still draw most of the attention as we are more a one line team, shut down the Sedins, shut down the Canucks, at least thats how other teams look at it. Thankfully we are getting production from secondary scorers. The Sedins make smart plays and know where to put the puck probably three to four plays ahead of their opposition so I can't really say I see a decline.

How is this not a valid discussion topic? Look at their numbers over the last 2 seasons? Also, being called point per game players is wrong - Daniel has averaged a point per game or better 4 out of 11 and Henrik in just 3 out of 11 seasons.

Edited by cabinessence, 05 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Imagecabinessence, on 06 February 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have a feeling they will score on the power play...cue bass solo!!
I called it!! I called it!!! Cue more bass solos!!!!!

#98 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Usual slow start. Once the PP gets going, so will their points. Good to see Burr back with them, anyways.

#99 cabinessence

cabinessence

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

• So many intelligent posts here that seem to disregard the point of the original post. Selanne is not an accurate comparision at all! He potted 76 goals as a rookie. The post clearly mentioned how they had a slow rise and could be on the downside now. Seems that there are any people on here witha grade 2 education.

Posted Imagecabinessence, on 06 February 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have a feeling they will score on the power play...cue bass solo!!
I called it!! I called it!!! Cue more bass solos!!!!!

#100 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

They are just tired after ripping it up in the fake season. Henrik was over a goal per game pace so they are not declining.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#101 E-ROD

E-ROD

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think we need to stop this cycling the puck stuff. I see every time they enter the zone, classy is just nor getting it done for the last three seasons... I know it works, just not slo-mo patient cycling though.

Edited by E-ROD, 05 February 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#102 NexusRift

NexusRift

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

We still have the luxury of a core that's relatively young. The Sedins at 32 years of age are by no means "fading." I think they and Bieksa are the Canuck draft veterans of the team. Burrows can be included in that group to; Lou and Ballard also in their early 30's, but most everyone else on the current roster are young twenty somethings. Seems MG's big ticket acquisitions as of late are younger B.C. boys and semi-high profile Americans. Certainly nothing wrong with that. On that note.................

MG's intention is to build a Stanley Cup winning team. I'd like to think that is so anyways. To supplement our core with so-so depth players, and with a Garrison and Hamhius every now and then, though seemingly smart, cannot continue for too much longer. Our core is not getting any younger.

Let's not forget that Zack Kassien has been the Sedins linemate since the start of the shortened season. Little to no training camp and a few new players adds to the appearance of seemingly poor play. It's an adjustment for all. Actually, it seems to me that the addition of Kassien on their line has boosted the Sedin' confidence in playing more physical; certainly an aspect of the game that we 'Nuck fans wanted the twins to engage in during the playoffs.

I think the team is in excellent shape. We're lucky, (depending on how one looks at it), that our injury bug is upon us early. The return of Kes, and then Booth soon after, will be a boost for our team. By the time the playoffs begin, we'll be in tip top shape for the run to the cup.

Sedins fading? I don't think so.

#103 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

• So many intelligent posts here that seem to disregard the point of the original post. Selanne is not an accurate comparision at all! He potted 76 goals as a rookie. The post clearly mentioned how they had a slow rise and could be on the downside now. Seems that there are any people on here witha grade 2 education.

It's disregarded because It's irrelevant, slow rise or not they are all superstars are they not? Ok so Selanne didn't have a slow rise, then take Martin St.Louis for example. Slow start to his career, has great season and wins a Stanley Cup. Then comes the lockout he drops from 94-61 points in the years after that, surely he's on the downside now. He then comes back with his best season to date and just a few seasons ago posted 98-99pts at the age of 36!

#104 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

They started off the season horrendous. But for a majority of the Hawks game, they looked fast and strong along the boards.

2 of the best players to ever put on a Canucks jersey. I still have full faith in them as our top guys.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.