The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Canucks 3 Oilers 2 F/OT

cmpunk

Three things.

Tanev and Ballard continue to be the Canucks best D pair.

Bieksa, dear god up your intensity.  Fluke goal notwithstanding, you were brutal, again.

Memo to Nail Yakupov, that is how you celebrate your first NHL Goal (OT winner to boot). #Classy Chris Tanev.

Plus minus is probably the least useful stat when determining the individual performance of a player. Almost as bad as basing a pitcher's talent on wins in baseball. I've been to every home game this year, he doesn't look like he's an above average player. He has trouble getting his shot off (which is supposed to be a huge talent of his), but that might be a result of his partners. 33% of his shots came in the past two games? I'm not sure how he's this amazing shooter.

Three things.

Tanev and Ballard continue to be the Canucks best D pair.

Bieksa, dear god up your intensity. Fluke goal notwithstanding, you were brutal, again.

Memo to Nail Yakupov, that is how you celebrate your first NHL Goal (OT winner to boot). #Classy Chris Tanev.

Oh and also I thought that was Bieksa's second strongest game. He separated a lot of guys off of pucks. Elder I felt had the roughest time on D. Tanev didn't seem as poised tonight but damn he made up for it. And you might not have noticed it but Ballard created that opportunity for Tanev's goal.

Time to ride the Schneid for a while.........Luongo looked shaky last night to anyone who knows anything about the goaltending position. He made some saves that looked fantastic, but they were stops that should have been pretty routine for a goalie in the correct position. I always tell my goals 95% of saves that look spectacular are because you were out of position.......that was Lu last night.......he had several fumbles with his trapper as well. He clearly needs some rest, and I doubt MG wants him in there for a stinker.

Archived