203 replies to this topic

#121 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

so what was the reason Kassian got tossed from the 1st line looked like they had a few chances in the first when no one else did anything...
either way Burr looked good with the twins as usual,
Luu was great,
and over all it was a good game.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#122 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Chris ******** Tanev!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boyyyy!

So happy it was such a meaningful goal for his first, he's always played so well, deserved it.

Raymond and Schroeds with another solid game, both with a point. Keep it up.

Hansen lookin better every game

Higgins even looked decent.

Sedins with a couple legit plays, but need to do better, esp on PP.

#123 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Canucks should really invest in Kessel. I mean, the Oilers' team is getting better season by season, and we need some skilled players to offset some of these emerging stars.

Posted Image

#124 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Would have loved a regulation win for a change, but I'll take the OT win. Great setup by the Sedins, finally some of the short, quick, tape-to-tape passes they are known for and it's in the back of the net before the other team even knows what happened. Love Tanev, great time for his first NHL goal, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and more consistent player. Love the fact that he didn't go sliding down the ice like a moron, and instead celebrated with his team (and the WHOLE team showed up to celebrate it). That's how you celebrate a big goal! Facewashes!

#125 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Bieksa, what a guy. He plays a terrible game in the first 55 minutes, then he scores the game tying goal. Then he starts to dominate and almost ends up the game on an end to end rush.
Posted Image

#126 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Dubnyk is a very funny goalie.. Looks great for the majority of the game albeit i did think most of our chances were weak shots from the outside then lets in 2 terrible goals lol...we'll take it not a great game by any stretch but we won. The Sedins have a terrible game then boom amazing passing play to win it..not sure they've turned any point but at least they finally contributed.

We have a fairly light schedual coming up i think the earliest we see Kesler is the 17th.

#127 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

This was a well coached game by Av, I really enjoyed his line combos in this one, kassian didnt bring it so burr took over, i also like the 2nd and 3rd line loved the chemistry of hansen schroed and ray they played hard and also the third line of max and higgi looked solid, i hope to see them with burr next game, and weise was back where he belongs, but overall great game by lu, tanev and the team.
Go Nucks Go

#128 badbeatjackpot

badbeatjackpot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Contrary to most people, I thought Bieksa had a good game. He played physical, didn't take bad gambles and thought he was relatively steady.

I normally dont agree with AV but I thought he had a great feel to move Burrows on the Sedin line. Oilers arent a big intimidating team and we didn't need Kassian defending the Sedins, we needed a speedier winger like Burrows who can get to the puck faster. As much as I've been happy with Kassian's play, I was hoping he would bang some bodies tonight and create havoc on a younger more skilled team but Kassian looked slow and content on playing a finesse game and was rather ineffective tonight.

Higgins and Hansen had a pretty solid game as they were skating hard and was effective on the forecheck.

#129 Tell Kelly I said hi

Tell Kelly I said hi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Can someone post the video of Tanev's interview? NHL Center Ice cuts out before post game interviews, so i couldn't watch it..
Posted Image

#130 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,962 posts

@BradZiemer
Don't think I've ever heard a louder #Canucks dressing room. Players clearly excited for Tanev after his game-winner.

307mg00.jpg

#131 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,818 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image

#132 Blue Line

Blue Line

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Good game

#133 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I was almost happy to see the Canucks go down by 2 since they couldn't keep playing the boring defensive game.

Nice to see Tanev get such a great first goal.

#134 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

‏@BradZiemer
Tanev says he'll probably give the puck to his little brother or grandfather. "They are two of my biggest fans." #Canucks

307mg00.jpg

#135 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Good that we put those kids on the Oilers team in their place....after all, they are just the Edmonton Oilers.

#136 Mr X

Mr X

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm fairly certain now that Jason Garrison isn't a very good player, I'm sortof hoping they amnesty him next summer. He's soft on the puck, doesn't have a great first pass, not physical... prove me wrong Garrison!

#137 Bertorama

Bertorama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

What a great win! I was at the game tonight and I was getting heckled so bad all game with my old Bertuzzi Jersey on and about Luongo and the Nucks then .......Whammmmo huge overtime shoot out save! Awesome game for a Canucks die hard in oil country.

Louuuuu!

What else is there to say?

thcanucks_skate_spin.gif

#138 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

What a great push back from our team tonight. I admit when we were
down, i didn't think our guys had what it took to make a come back.
I'm sure glad they proved me wrong.

Tanev dawg, nice goal, hopefully that is one of many to come :)

go nucks go :towel: :frantic: :towel:

#139 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

@BradZiemer
Yakupov says he'll probably sell the puck to the highest bidder. "I no care for souveniers, I am for money and myself" #Classless
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#140 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

tanev is god

#141 DSVII

DSVII

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

So this is what it feels like to destroy a 2 goal lead :) Great game nucks, and congrats to Tanev, that kid will be the foundation of our future defense!

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a HINT of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

- Steve Dangle (Leafs Fan Reaction - youtube)

#142 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Being at the game man you really saw the boys excited for Tanev's goal! Loved it!!!

Posted Image

#143 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think I've missed almost every Canucks game so far this season because I've had a hockey game of my own lol

So based on the highlights (thanks Makaveli :) )

TANEVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for him. It is hilarious to see him celebrate because he's such a cool customer lol. And he looks like a fish out of water when he's getting all the media attention in the post game scrums. Well deserved goal and here's to many more for him

So great to watch him get mobbed. Moments like that really bring a team closer together!

We got away with a win here. Didn't see too many quality chances and both our goals looked like weak ones on Dubnyk

Glad to see that others are able to score while the Sedins still try to find their touch

I miss our threatening PP of seasons past. Seems very lethargic right now

Congrats to Lu on another solid game. Loved his poise on the Hall penalty shot in OT
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#144 Nucks780

Nucks780

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Was at this game. Wow it satisfying, great comeback win. A ton of Canucks fans in the arena. SO great to see. GJ canucks.
Thanks for the great years Nazzy. Favorite all time

Posted Image

Posted Image

RIP Luc Bourdon (February 16, 1987 – May 29, 2008)
RIP Rick Rypien (May 16, 1984 – August 15, 2011)
RIP Pavol Demitra (November 29, 1974 – September 7, 2011)

#145 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

and thank god there was no shootout

altho i think luo could have won it for us still
Posted Image

#146 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

And it gets worse for the Oilers...

@EdmontonOilers
Coach Krueger says captain Shawn Horcoff is out long-term after breaking his knuckle blocking a shot late in the 2nd period

@EdmontonOilers
Fistric is day-to-day with a sore back and Belanger is out for a one-week minimum, says Coach Krueger

Hockey is a lot harder to play when everyone plays like a man .. difference between AHL and NHL ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#147 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

I only watched half of the 2nd and onto the end of the game, but damn, what a game. As a Ravens fan and a Canucks fan, these last 2 days have been heart pumping and stressful.

Even though he didn't face too many shots and the 2nd goal was questionable, Luongo made some incredible saves and really kept his team in it. I haven't seen him play this good since the Olympics.

Schneider should get a start this week regardless, just don't know if it should be Minny or Flames.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#148 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

probably already mentioned, but theres voting for best goalie tandem @ nhl.com + tanev got todays 3rd star
Posted Image

#149 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm fairly certain now that Jason Garrison isn't a very good player, I'm sortof hoping they amnesty him next summer. He's soft on the puck, doesn't have a great first pass, not physical... prove me wrong Garrison!

Had the highest +/- on the team for weeks until tonight. A game winning goal to his name, has taken almost zero stupid penalties and shoots more than most of our forwards. Yeah, what a horrible signing. I'm fairly certain you're not very good at basing your opinion on facts.

#150 DhillonCanuck

DhillonCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

@BradZiemer
Yakupov says he'll probably sell the puck to the highest bidder. "I no care for souveniers, I am for money and myself" #Classless

WTF why would u post a fake tweet.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.