The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could Tanev be one of those players?

Matt_T83

Could Tanev be one of those players that don't score a lot of goals... but when they do score them, they are huge, clutch goals?

I know it's his first goal of his career and you can't draw conclusions from an N=1... but that was a huge goal, and Tanev showed poise with the puck. A lot of players would have shot that puck right away, but he was patient and it worked out for him.

I look forward to seeing Tanev clutch playoff goals! :D

Could Tanev be one of those players that don't score a lot of goals... but when they do score them, they are huge, clutch goals?

I know it's his first goal of his career and you can't draw conclusions from an N=1... but that was a huge goal, and Tanev showed poise with the puck. A lot of players would have shot that puck right away, but he was patient and it worked out for him.

I look forward to seeing Tanev clutch playoff goals! :D

That would be awesome. It was so nice to see him score his first tonight. I've been rooting for this guy ever since he joined the league. Highly underrated around the league, couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Or it could be that he had a ton of time and space because every Oiler was focused on the Sedins.....The guy supposed to be covering him was standing at center ice along the boards waiting for a quick transition if the Oilers got the puck off the boards. Seriously man, it is one goal. He has a below average shot but almost any NHL player would have buried that shot I bet.

Archived