The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo/Schneider shining as backups

Sixteen W's

Luongo's without his usual slow start to start the season as Schneider's 'backup'.

Last season Schneider arguably played better than Luongo as backup and this year the roles have reversed. Luongo has been playing exceptionally well lately. On top of his stats, he's been noticeably better 1v1.

I'll be sad if Luongo's traded, but this is probably the best case scenario for a proper sendoff to one of the Canucks' greatest netminders, and an opportunity for the team to maximize his value.

It's great Luongo and Schneider have such a steady relationship because Schneider could easily be upset that he isn't given a chance to improve his game.

Props to Luongo for playing excellent hockey, and Schneider for being an excellent teammate.

If Luongo's traded, maybe the Canucks should make Lack the starter for the team then have Schneider start every game as the 'backup'.

I honestly don't see how they can possibly trade Luongo now, he's playing too well. Keep playing Lu until he has a bad game and loses, then put Schneider in.

if Schneider goes on a roll like Lu is now then fine pull trigger, if not then Lu isn't going anywhere.

yeah 2011 playoffs didn't happen or w.e You know whenever he does good it's just omitted...you know winning gold in OT in the city his NHL team is in, there wasn't any pressure on him...he was the best player in the 2 games he lost to L.A in the playoffs last season. But nope none of it ever happened..Luongo is just plain horrible!

Luongo's without his usual slow start to start the season as Schneider's 'backup'.

Last season Schneider arguably played better than Luongo as backup and this year the roles have reversed. Luongo has been playing exceptionally well lately. On top of his stats, he's been noticeably better 1v1.

I'll be sad if Luongo's traded, but this is probably the best case scenario for a proper sendoff to one of the Canucks' greatest netminders, and an opportunity for the team to maximize his value

It's great Luongo and Schneider have such a steady relationship because Schneider could easily be upset that he isn't given a chance to improve his game.

Props to Luongo for playing excellent hockey, and Schneider for being an excellent teammate.

If Luongo's traded, maybe the Canucks should make Lack the starter for the team then have Schneider start every game as the 'backup'.

One of the best? He has every record that there is to be had. He IS the best goaltender that has ever played for the canucks. That is fact not opinion. Strictly numbers. He is the most decorated , most seccessful canucks goaltender of all time to this point in history. That said, it's Cory s time IMO.

Okay, so let me get this straight:

- Luongo is by far the best goalie this team has ever had (I agree)

- Luongo is the #2 goalie in the league right now (fact)

And the solution is to trade him? IF I had only known! HO - LEE Crap

No. You know what needs to happen, we retire his number here in Vancouver after another 3-5 seasons and in the meantime have some staffers at Rogers wheel out a solid oak desk to the blue line every opening skate out. Have a nice briefcase laid out on the desk. Lu can skate over to it, while everyone else is doing laps, pull out a pair of brass balls and recite the Alec Baldwin monologue from Glengary Glen Ross every single home game until he retires.

Archived