The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo/Schneider shining as backups

Sixteen W's

This is my last post in response to anything you say back. You need to read and understand posts. Just a tip.

The best stacked team in the Olympics got beat a week earlier to the US.... Fact! Can you argue that? No! Was Lu in net for that game? No! Here is the stat sheet. http://stats.iihf.co...0A06_74_3_1.pdf

Lu was in net for the game that we won the Gold. Here is the stat sheet. http://stats.iihf.co...0101_74_4_0.pdf

It looks like to me that Lu had something to do with the win...

Stats are stats, reality is that Canada won gold, but did it in overtime against a team that beat them before in the same Olympics.

Nino again, you just cannot accept the fact that Lu is a great goalie. Answer this, team Canada was stacked, but so was every other freaking team. The same stacked Canada team lost to the U.S.A in round robin with Brodeur. With Brodeur they barely beat the Swiss, they had to go to shootout with the same stacked team. With this stacked team they would have cruised to Gold with James Reimer in net.

But Hall of famer Martin Brodeur played 2 games with the stacked team Canada, and lost the position to ROBERTO LUONGO. Accept it.

Explain. If you can't have a logical explanation as to why Brodeur lost the job to Luongo with a stacked team Canada you will have proved my point: Nino you do not even have common sense hockey knowledge as proved by many of your posts, and this one is no different.

Right because 2 or 3 games is totally an indication of how good a goalie is right? lol. Cause that's all Luongo played in the playoffs last year.

By that logic Schneider sucks then cause he has a .897save % and 3.13GAA after 4 games this year.

I love the double standards Lu-haters have to throw in to support their retarded arguments, Luongo sucks cause he had bad stats in 2 playoff games yet Schneider is awesome even though he has bad stats after 4 games. strong logic

Assuming that they are both Porsche's.

What if one is a 2006 Lamborghini (Luongo) and the other a 2011 Porsche (Schneider)? And what if you saw the 2014 Porsche model (Lack/Cannata) and you really like how it's coming along, and you think that the 2006 Lamborghini can perform at a top level well past when the 2014 Porsche is ready for the market?

Schneider is not and will never be in the same conversation as Luongo. With Luongo, we're talking a goaltender who is likely to be top 3 in all-time wins when all is said and done. Schneider? He hasn't even played a full season as a starter, and he's already 26. Also, Luongo will be dominant past the time Lack or Cannata are ready, and these two look just as poised as Schneider and look to be taking the same career path.

To be honest, goaltenders like Schneider are plenty in this league - develop in the minors long, play well positionally and mature later to become a starter - Jimmy Howard, Brian Elliott, Mike Smith, Craig Anderson, etc. Both Lack and Cannata are doing similar things as Schneider right now. We can develop another Schneider before Luongo is no longer dominant. But it is rare to have an elite goaltender who will dominate well into his late 30s like Luongo. NJ and VAN have it, LA and MTL will have it. Others look in envy.

I am happy to do business with someone who misjudges their asset and sells me a Lamborghini for the price of a Porsche instead of the Porsche any day of my life. Sad thing is, you might be getting rid of that Porsche anyways in 4-5 years when the new Porsche comes out.

Meanwhile, I plan to ride out supreme quality that will last - that's what we have in Luongo.

Lol. All the Lou lovers praying their bromance is not over but it is.

Folks accept the fact Lou is being traded once the right deal comes, and given his terrific start it wl come.

Most who suggest Schnieds will be the man understand something you people dont, asset management.

Yes Lou has played well but the issue of his trade has nothing to do with the regular season lads, it's everything to do with inconsistency in the playoffs.

Most elite goalies (border, hasek, Roy) were all able to raise their games in the playoffs.

Fact 1: if you look at Lou's save % average over his regular season career it matches up close to those names above.

Fact 2: if you look at his playoff save %, it has only been better than his regular season average save % ONCE in his career as a Canuck, and that was year 1.

Fact 3: in two of the last three playoffs his save % has been below .900 ( ie in the 800's).

Those are the reasons and FACTS behind why he will be moved. His play is only upping his value which helps the team.

Time to accept fact, asset management strategy, and reality. You folks are in a drug induced state of denial.

FYI....Schneider had a bad first game and got pulled, point taken. Since then and excluding the first game, he has a SP of .935 and a gaa of 1.96...pretty much right on what he played to last year. My point is, there is no reason to think he cannot maintain those stats and no reason to worry. Lous better stats can be reversed by one single game like Schneider had. The sample is just too small at this point in the season to start comparing their abilities or successes or failures.

Archived