The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo/Schneider shining as backups

Sixteen W's

This happened in Boston two years ago. Tim Thomas lost his starting job to an up and coming Tuuka Rask. The next season, he stole his job back and ended up winning the Stanley Cup.

I'm not sure management ever came out and said that the job belonged to Schneider anyway, I would blame the local media and fans for making that proclamation, anyway. I have no problems with Luongo being the number one for this season, and continue to ride the hot hand.

I say biggest, Neely was sort of a late bloomer and at the time Barry Peterson was a decent NHLer, at the time it didnt seem bad..

Keenan had a good resume and had previous success with Messier, who also was an NHL great future hall of famer when he showed up. There was a big buzz in this city, but it was executed poorly and nothing lived anywhere close to expectations. At the time though it seemed right.. Potential was there.

If we trade Luongo we are trading away the face of the franchise, best Goalie bar none we've ever had. It would be like NJ trading Brodeur. Montreal has had zero success since they poorly mis treated patrick roy and he demanded a trade. He went on to win 2 more cups and another Conn Smythe.

I bet the habs wish they would have treated him better..

I hope Gillis sees this, i dont think I've ever heard him say hes going to trade Lu, its all the media and "fans" stirring crap up and putting words in mouths. I could be wrong

Lol. All the Lou lovers praying their bromance is not over but it is.

Folks accept the fact Lou is being traded once the right deal comes, and given his terrific start it wl come.

Most who suggest Schnieds will be the man understand something you people dont, asset management.

Yes Lou has played well but the issue of his trade has nothing to do with the regular season lads, it's everything to do with inconsistency in the playoffs.

Most elite goalies (border, hasek, Roy) were all able to raise their games in the playoffs.

Fact 1: if you look at Lou's save % average over his regular season career it matches up close to those names above.

Fact 2: if you look at his playoff save %, it has only been better than his regular season average save % ONCE in his career as a Canuck, and that was year 1.

Fact 3: in two of the last three playoffs his save % has been below .900 ( ie in the 800's).

Those are the reasons and FACTS behind why he will be moved. His play is only upping his value which helps the team.

Time to accept fact, asset management strategy, and reality. You folks are in a drug induced state of denial.

and people liek you seem to fail to grasp that goaltending is not the problem and Schneider is not going to make any difference if we can't get our offense going in the playoffs.

Schneider 1.33GAA against the Kings, and we lost 2 of 3 games with him. We would have lost in the finals against the Bruins too even if he had kept a 1.33GAA for all 7 games cause we only averaged 1.14GAA

But I guess it's Luongo's job to score goals as well, my mistake

and people liek you seem to fail to grasp that goaltending is not the problem and Schneider is not going to make any difference if we can't get our offense going in the playoffs.

Schneider 1.33GAA against the Kings, and we lost 2 of 3 games with him. We would have lost in the finals against the Bruins too even if he had kept a 1.33GAA for all 7 games cause we only averaged 1.14GAA

But I guess it's Luongo's job to score goals as well, my mistake

<p>

Lol. All the Lou lovers praying their bromance is not over but it is.

Folks accept the fact Lou is being traded once the right deal comes, and given his terrific start it wl come.

Most who suggest Schnieds will be the man understand something you people dont, asset management.

Yes Lou has played well but the issue of his trade has nothing to do with the regular season lads, it's everything to do with inconsistency in the playoffs.

Most elite goalies (border, hasek, Roy) were all able to raise their games in the playoffs.

Fact 1: if you look at Lou's save % average over his regular season career it matches up close to those names above.

Fact 2: if you look at his playoff save %, it has only been better than his regular season average save % ONCE in his career as a Canuck, and that was year 1.

Fact 3: in two of the last three playoffs his save % has been below .900 ( ie in the 800's).

Those are the reasons and FACTS behind why he will be moved. His play is only upping his value which helps the team.

Time to accept fact, asset management strategy, and reality. You folks are in a drug induced state of denial.

Archived