Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Why we should keep both Luongo and Schneider this season.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 dontstresskes

dontstresskes

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think we should keep both goalies this season because I believe we would have the best legitimate shot at the cup. Imagine this, Roberto and Cory competing for starts. This means who's playing better get's to stay in net. This is a short season, both goalies will play lights out because they understand there's someone on the bench that can replace them. We've never really had this situation before. I personally thought we should of done this last year because I felt Cory had developed quite well. AV would be able to ride out the hot goalie. If Luongo let's in two goals in a game that looked like they could of been stopped, put Cory in to change things up and get some momentum going(vice versa). It puts them on a short leash and little room for error. We could use this to our advantage people. If one goalie get's blown up in a play-off game, switch them for the next game. The goalie that got pulled would know they have something to prove next time around when they get a shot. They both want to be number one, let them fight for it this season. Our window of opportunity for the cup is seizing every year, we need to go all in NOW! If we won the cup, we could trade one of them in the off season guaranteed, or heck even trade both and start rebuilding. I don't know about the rest of you, but a little competition never hurt nobody...

Edited by dontstresskes, 05 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#2 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,553 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.