The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

People need to understand that a players agent is equal to a used car salesman. They will use every trick in the book. Its funny though, Cory got a big raise and his agent got his cut. Whether he is back up or number one, they both gettin paid. Everyone knows its a matter of time before we trade one of our number one goalies. We may keep both till trade deadline. But I would be shooked if we start next year with both. I said it all this offseason, the best senario is Nucks winning the cup with both goalies getting their name on it. Then we will get the best return for whoever we trade.

Schneider will play and he has been good about this situation.

His agent is speaking out because, obviously, he wants his client to play. The full statement didn't make it seem like they were pouting though. Liut pretty much said they'll deal with it outside of Luongo starting 40+ games.

The media as always is trying to make it a bigger deal than it is.

Huge leaps and assumptions were made by people and by the media which continues to fuel a firestorm and &^%! show that came out of something that was never said. IT. WAS. NEVER. SAID. OR. EVEN. IMPLIED. That all came from people and the media putting their own spin on it at a time when everyone, including Luo, was horribly disappointed at the way the post-season ended.

That is NOT what was basically said and done......not by a long shot. The media took an innocent comment from a crushed goalie and ran with it turning it into something it most clearly was not.

It's a shortened season and every win matters almost twice as much as it did last season. I'm sure most can understand Lu, having the hot streak he has, is giving the team a better chance to win games as of now.

Liut's comments are so unnecessary as Schneider will get his time to play soon enough and earn his starts just like Lu. We're just going with the hotter goaltender right now. Schneider got 6 straight games last season, so this shouldn't be alarming at all..

He's stirring up this fabricated goalie comtroversy even more than before. Pretty unprofessional on his part.

I wonder what he would say if you said to him "this isn't sports representation where everything is handed to you without merit, we have hockey games to win and Roberto is on fire and EARNING his starts"

He would probably freak out and say "frack you.. I've earned every damn thing I have!!!!!"

This guy is an idiot, he just gave the whiney Vancouver fan base something to hold on to and bring up every time he struggles throughout his career. These things follow guys their entire careers and he just fed the media "goalie controversy" fire a giant splash of gasoline.

Does he thinks this lights a fire under the GM and coach? They are the effin bosses and aren't going to change team direction because of a whiney agent. If anything, having to answer questions about the agents comments is going to put a sour taste in their mouths. MG and AV are professionals though and won't let that sour taste cloud their judgement on what's best for the team.

Whose expectations? Was it written into his contract? Obviously Liut spoke ill-advisedly to the press and is now regretting it, refusing further interviews. Again, where is this "Cory was guaranteed 75% of the starts for this team this season"?

Not too worried, although the comment was grossly unprofessional. If Schneider blindly trusted his agent, there is no way he would have signed without testing the RFA market. I'm perfectly confident that Schneider has the maturity and mental toughness to handle not starting for 4 games in a row.

They signed schneider to the money he deserves... but i never heard from GMMG or AV that he is the starter. Schneider will get his shot again when Lui cools off... I also look at the canucks as a team and I don't see distractions. In fact they look like a team that is really gelling together and they r having fun doing what their doing.

Who cares, the media can twist it into a trust issue all they want. We just gave him a 4million dollar contract and said he's the one staying, I'm pretty sure we trust him. Cory knows damn well why Lu is playing and it's because he's red hot. It's the same system we had last year. We didnt put Lu right back in there when Cory was red hot last year. There will be stretches where both goalies play throughout the year and its not a controversy, it's the Canucks trying to win hockey games while we have 2 goalies.

Archived