The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

I wouldn't be surprised if this was TSN reaching out to Liut so they have a story to print rather than the other way around. Sadly people will think this is Cory "whining". Like others have said the media has no qualms creating sensationalist articles when it brings them a few more page hits on an otherwise slow hockey news day.

Liut could not have been more professional and non divisive in my opinion. I think we could have

a great story in the making. Louie is very responsible for helping Schneids become a #1 goalie.

In my opinion there is no 1 and 1A. They are both #1.

If possible, like football needs to great QBs in case of injury, if we can at all make the numbers work,

two #1 goaltenders are the most important part of a team. So the media, the fans, the team admin should do everything we can to make Louie and Schneids feel part of something totally unique

and ongoing.

Liut could not have been more professional and non divisive in my opinion. I think we could have

a great story in the making. Louie is very responsible for helping Schneids become a #1 goalie.

In my opinion there is no 1 and 1A. They are both #1.

If possible, like football needs to great QBs in case of injury, if we can at all make the numbers work,

two #1 goaltenders are the most important part of a team. So the media, the fans, the team admin should do everything we can to make Louie and Schneids feel part of something totally unique

and ongoing.

first of all who is our back up.... and second of all nothing wrong with the agent stepping in and speaking his mind... its a good tactic...

and thirdly, both goalies have acepted their roles... not their fault this situation exists... its managagement... and lastly management flat out told shneider he is the starter don't get mad at the agent for trying to sell his guy....

This is not about Cory whining.

This is about his agent telling the story.

If Gillis and Gilman promised him something and now his end is not being met he should have his voice heard.

It is a certainty that Cory went to mgmt. first with any grievance he had.

If this Liut statement had Cory's blessing (and Cory is a bright guy that has not fired his agent upon this story's release) then we have a player that feels he has no other options left other than to air his grievances in public.

...and playing Cory won't allow them to do that?

Reporter: "Cory is apparently upset he isnt getting more starts".

MG : "We need to win games"

Insinuates Cory does not give them a chance to win.

MG should not have bit on this question. It just adds fuel to the Liut comments and gives the press more fodder.

This is not about Cory whining.

This is about his agent telling the story.

If Gillis and Gilman promised him something and now his end is not being met he should have his voice heard.

It is a certainty that Cory went to mgmt. first with any grievance he had.

If this Liut statement had Cory's blessing (and Cory is a bright guy that has not fired his agent upon this story's release) then we have a player that feels he has no other options left other than to air his grievances in public.

Mike Liut should keep his ???? trap shut. If you have an issue with playing time you talk to Gillis and Vigneault, not flap your gums in the media to create even more controversy and put pressure on the GM and coach.

What a lowball tactic.

Can people just shut up and let this team continue winning, please?

...and playing Cory won't allow them to do that?

Reporter: "Cory is apparently upset he isnt getting more starts".

MG : "We need to win games"

Insinuates Cory does not give them a chance to win.

MG should not have bit on this question. It just adds fuel to the Liut comments and gives the press more fodder.

Perhaps this is a positive thing. Teams looking for goaltending will see that he is incredibly eager to play, perhaps a respectable offer addressing the Canucks needs will be made, Gillis will consider it and maybe this gong show will finally end and we'll never have to hear about these two wanting the crease ever again.

schnieder games player

SHARKS - 1 (2nd in league)

ANAHEIM - 2 (3rd in league)

CALGARY - 1 (last in league)

luongo games played

OILERS - 2 (12th in league)

AVS - 1 (21st in league)

KINGS - 1 (26th in league)

HAWKS- 1 (1st in league)

Not making any excuses for Schneider but I'm just pointing out that Luu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman.

Archived