The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

lol there's 7 goalies in the NHL that make more than Luongo, and of them I would only consider Lundqvist better. He easily could have gotten more money if he wanted, a 5.333 million dollar caphit and a 6.7 million dollar salary is a discount for Luongo

"incapable of being maintained"

Just cause you bold does not make it right.

1) Let's agree Schneider is perfectly capable to sit on the bench while Luongo plays. After all Luongo did it in game 3 and 4 of the LAX series last year. He did it until Schneider lost and/or played bad!

2) Let's also agree the Canucks will not win the next 40 games in a row so it is perfectly realistic to expect that Schneider will at some point get a chance to win/play well again.

"Exactly why Cory needs to tell his agent to keep his mouth shut. Luit's got some issues if he really thinks that's a possibility. Even if we do keep winning, we wouldn't just let Cory sit the entire time."

First... I agree with you. AV has been pretty clear he plays the goalie he thinks gives him the best chance to win. That means as long as the team wins AND Luongo plays well Luongo should keep playing. However, in the worst case scenario we all know Schneider will get back in during the next back to back. At the worst he knows he is playing again is a few weeks. At the bext Luongo lays an egg in a couple days. I don't see why he needed to get his agent to speak now.

What do you care what his salary was? It's only his cap hit that matters. And at 5.33, yea that is a great deal for a player of his caliber.

Ever think too that maybe Luongo wanted a longer contract so he could retire here? It's not always about money.

"Let's just agree that you don't understand my point and move on."

I understand the point you were trying to make but unfortunately it is wrong. Presumably you realize that at the latest Schneider will start one of the two back to back games in the near-term so he will have every opportunity to win his job back. It would be tough to argue his position is untenable when he will have an opportunity to change it inside of 14 days.

the others weren't making that money when Lu signed was because

*drum roll*

THEY WERE STILL IN THE CONTRACT THAT THEY SIGNED BEFORE THEY BROKE OUT.

wow, what a surprise. A player in their entry level contract weren't getting pay like an elite goalie should.

"Let's just agree that you don't understand my point and move on."

I understand the point you were trying to make but unfortunately it is wrong. Presumably you realize that at the latest Schneider will start one of the two back to back games in the near-term so he will have every opportunity to win his job back. It would be tough to argue his position is untenable when he will have an opportunity to change it inside of 14 days.

"TSN making it obvious who they work for. I assume they figure if they can stir up a controversy in Vancouver, than a Luongo trade will become more likely. Silly Eastern media.

Odd how they never seem to report on the Canucks, unless it has to do with some sort of controversy."

If Luit had simply said his client "was looking forward to getting a start but recognized that the priority was seeing the team win" there would have been no story here. Luit said more because he and his client wanted him to.

Apparently everyone missed the phone interview team 1040 had with the agent this evening. He said that a reporter asked him the questions and took his responses out of context. Obviously not surprising, and I'm sure he could have handled it better and not commented so much. I'm really getting sick of the way media and fans blow everything out of proportion.

I thought i thoroughly explain the whole thing for you, and you managed to overlook them and crap on them.

1. Please give me the source on how Florida couldn't afford to sign Luongo. Florida made a bone head move and traded Luongo when they are very close in completely the new contract extension. Luongo literally asked for a shorter term with the same money in the condition of having a NTC and keeping his goalie coach.

Just this point shows you are basing your opinion on literally nothing but your assumption.

Also, it was you who claimed Luongo left Florida so he could sign a richer contract in Vancouver, but the fact is that he had no idea where he was going to be trade to, and that he didn't ask to get trade in the first place. He was just negotiating a contract like every single hockey players would.

2. Sidney Crosby's cap hit, which was signed in 2007, was EIGHT POINT SEVEN MILLION A YEAR. Mat Sundin was offered a 10 million a year contract by Gillis. Lundqvist's cap hit IS CURRENTLY SITTING AT 6.7 MILLION A YEAR.

Don't come here and tell me that Luongo didn't take a discount for the team.

3. Err your source? cos i have no idea htf did you manage to pull out this statment out of your ass.

and hey... where is the "Luongo didn't thank the fans and i am the guy who play for Luongo's salary" crap? You even manage to skip your argument about Luongo's charity stuffs during his time in vancouver.

seriously dude, if i were you, i will shut it because you are just that ill-informed on literally everything about our goalie

Why do you think Florida traded Lu (their star goalie) in the midst of negotiating his contract renewal? Could it be that he was asking too much and they wanted to get something for him rather than have him walk?

At the risk of upsetting you (and contrary to your advie), I wiill say it again, when Lu negotiated his contract, he in no way took a discount to play here. He may be worth every penny he is getting paid but he did not take a discount.

And what's with the "dude"? Your name Lebowsky?

seriously, how the hell could people make bold statement like that without having anything to back up their claim? Give me a source of Luongo asking for too much, and we will continue this discussion.

WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE BEHIND ALL YOUR CLAIMS?

and how do you respond to your "luongo doesn't care about the fans in vancouver despite all the charity he donates.

You completely ignored my question as to why YOU think Florida traded their star goalie.

Using insults and abusive language doesn't impress or make you look more knowledgeable (quite the contrary).

BTW - your last sentence is good advice but you should phrase it correctly for maximum effect.

ALSO - if you quote a poster, put his/her words in the quotation not some interpretation to fit your own agenda. I never said what you quoted.

You think Lu took a discount on his last contract and I don't agree.

Nothing more to discuss here.

I personally felt a little angry when I first heard he said that.. Lu handled the situation with grace, Schneids agent is making him look bad by doing this. I hope Schneids comments to say he wasn't behind his agent saying this or gets a new agent, definitely a low ball tactic. *sigh* The saga continues... And quite frankly is a lot more complicated than it ever has been, the fans have fed into this media frenzy as per usual. :rolleyes:

Archived