The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

As a former agent, stuff like this much just infuriate Gillis. Agents know better than this, to try and involve the media. Amateur move by Liut.

The owners should have pushed to have agents be banned from making comments about their clients to the media in the new CBA. They always do more harm then good when they open there mouths.

That's why you gotta respect a guy like JP Barry. Say what you want about him, but he's a pro, and hardly leaks anything out to the media.

Schneider sounded pretty bitter himself in that interview as well. He's obviously too young and immature to handle this situation with grace the way Luongo did and it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Lu is the perfect professional, Schneider is still a nobody in this league.

I'd get rid of that agent in a hurry. He's doing a disservice to his client and himself. As a team would you want to sign a player with an agent that blurts out to the media and thinks he can force the teams hand? Basically a potential nuisance to the organization. Who is this guy? Does he understand what's involved in a trade and its potential ramifications to the team and its successes. You got your client a good longterm deal...you've done your job...be happy. This is a team sport and its all about the wins and not your clients ice time. If Lu was doing terrible and the team was still resistant to use Schneider then that's cause for concern and address it with management "privately".

Yep. I already said that the media most likely contacted him.

Doesn't mean he has to give them any sort of comment. He chose to do what he did, knowing full well that any comment he made like this was going to create headlines.

Amateur move by him.

I've posted this for you before; 10:10 "Its time to move on and I'm ok with that!" "Everyone can see what's going on..."

edit add cut to the chase from interview

PS time for a new siggy. People will think your trolling, either that or a hypocrite for "reaching out" to encourage others not to discuss Hodgson on an ongoing basis.

All I've ever heard him say is he's willing to waive his NTC. I've never actually heard him say himself that he "wants" to be traded. Just he'd do what's best for the team. I have heard him say that until MG tells him he's traded he's a Canuck.

But he did not look happy at all in that first interview after the LA series ended. Which is all I said above.

I need to respond to this it was from the other thread posted by cmpunk, not sure how mods let something go 3 pages before deciding to close it.

"when has Luongo ever complained about getting ice time? He has never because he hasn't had to because he has been the number 1 guy since he got here!

I don't ever recall him last year when Schneider played 6 in a row or anytime since he's been here complain becuase the back up was playing. Lu likes to play every game if he could that is how he is fierce, but he has never complained or made it known that he wants ice time.

I'm sure Schneider is just as competitive and fierce. But when you got agents saying it, then it becomes another story and complaining and an actual issue."

As you mentioned it was schneiders agent who said something, and he was not complaining he said he hopes schneider gets more starts like any agent would, but its being blown out of control by luongo fans who hate schneider, and the media, and now people are not bothering to read the full article either which comes across much less hostile.

Those 6 starts comments last year are wrong if i remember correctly, cory got 6 starts while lou was injured last year for 3-4 games, yet it never gets mentioned, lou was ready to return and they kept cory in for a game or two, so the 6 starts is not completely accurate.

And now as for roberto not complaining about ice time, roberto has turned into a true pro it was not always like that in his early years when he was corys age, but he really learned how to handle the media. Regardless roberto's ice time issue is the entire goalie controversy, he asked for a trade this summer, and as he should, just like cory who is competitive and wants to play, so is roberto, he asked for a trade because the team went with cory, and imo he had all right to do so, and I dont blame him one bit, but lets not act like roberto is completely fine with this situation and his ice time either. If he was, gillis would not be looking at other destinations for him currently.

I dont know Im still not convinced we should get rid of luo and keep schneider. I mean really if Schneider is able to do half of what luongo did for van we should be happy. Luongo is a garunteed #1 we know is a world class goalie. Any issues we had before while luongo was our goalie were probably not his problems so much as the entire teams. Schneider is still somewhat unproven and while I believe he could be a top goalie there is no garuntee.

If GM says he is thinking about putting you up for trade...............what do you say. "I'm not going" or "Oh well it looks like they don't want me, what can I say?".................so to save some face and being a proud guy he saves GM's face and says "it's time to move on"

It all stinks of a giant f----up by the Canucks and Luongo trying to settle things down like the classy guy he is.

• 1 month later...

What a baby.. Maybe when you sign a contract u should stfu and do what your bosses who own your contract say.

How many single minded whiners we have on this TEAM?

This kid should learn a PR move like Ballard did when he was being called out, showed team colors instead of this solo crap.

Luongo has better numbers but Schnieder has 3 more games played and also 3 more losses, and hasnt exactly looked good lately in these games either.

Luongo > Schnieder

And if you dont like your contract stay at home and save us your overpaid back up money.

What a baby.. Maybe when you sign a contract u should stfu and do what your bosses who own your contract say.

How many single minded whiners we have on this TEAM?

This kid should learn a PR move like Ballard did when he was being called out, showed team colors instead of this solo crap.

Luongo has better numbers but Schnieder has 3 more games played and also 3 more losses, and hasnt exactly looked good lately in these games either.

Luongo > Schnieder

And if you dont like your contract stay at home and save us your overpaid back up money.

Archived