The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

im a huge luongo fan I really like schneider lets be real here what schneids agent said wasn't cool it is whining basically and even though schneider never said it well he's still being represented by the guy no sugar coating it. Basically if Lu shutup and praised cory maybe cory should praise Lu instead of having his feelings hurt hes been outplayed.

If I was Schneider I would get another agent.

Obviously Liut didn't negotiate "the number of games to be played by my client" into the contract.

Seriously - since when do agents care how much their client plays - I thought all they really care about is how much their clients get paid for that affects their own bottom line.

Understandable that Cory would feel that way though he himself has said nothing.

He has spent 6 years in the system proving himself. He took over lastt year in the playoffs and was the main reason the Nucks even stayed close to LA.

Both he and his agent were aware of what a hot commodity he was and could have gone the RFA route but were convinced by MG that he was Vancouver's future so he signed here.

This situation is being badly handled by the Nucks and could get very ugly. Hard enough to be a new starter on a contending team; then to have Lu sitting on the bench in back-up makes it harder still; add to that a coach who puts you on a short leash (much shorter thatn Lu had when he struggled) and you've got a no-win situation for Cory. Now add the press analysis and controversy, the Nucks fan that seem to be taking some sort of sick pleasure in Cory sitting and who wouldn't be frustrated.

Cory has been head of the class in college, AHL and last year's numbers in the NHL. He will be a top 5-10 goalie for many years to come. If MG doesn't handle this right, it won't be with the Nucks.

All Cory has done since he has been with the club is praise Lou and put his team first, i have never seen an artical or interview where he so called whined about the club or Lou. The eastern media picks up a sound bite from his agent just like they did with Lous agent and runs with it, next thing you know you have some people here comparing it to the Hodgson situation.

hockey players are not slaves people.

Schenieds payed his dues, he has been patient/professional for years. he signed a contract with the understanding he would be the starting goalie. with the exception of his very first game coming off a lengthy lockout; i dont think schneids has played himself out of his job (at least not yet)

if the canucks dont make him the starting goalie by playoff time, any reasonable person in his shoe would ask for a trade.

for a starting calibre goalie to sit on the bench is a waste of talent, time and money.

i completely understand gillis is trying to work the markets; but this has dragged on far too long in my personal opinion, make up your damn mind already and get a deal done while lu is playing good and the canucks are in a postion of power. the next losing streak the canucks go on, and this could turn into a major problem

schnieder games player

SHARKS - 1 (2nd in league)

ANAHEIM - 2 (3rd in league)

CALGARY - 1 (last in league)

luongo games played

OILERS - 2 (12th in league)

AVS - 1 (21st in league)

KINGS - 1 (26th in league)

HAWKS- 1 (1st in league)

Not making any excuses for Schneider but I'm just pointing out that Luu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman.

hockey players are not slaves people.

Schenieds payed his dues, he has been patient/professional for years. he signed a contract with the understanding he would be the starting goalie. with the exception of his very first game coming off a lengthy lockout; i dont think schneids has played himself out of his job (at least not yet)

if the canucks dont make him the starting goalie by playoff time, any reasonable person in his shoe would ask for a trade.

for a starting calibre goalie to sit on the bench is a waste of talent, time and money.

i completely understand gillis is trying to work the markets; but this has dragged on far too long in my personal opinion, make up your damn mind already and get a deal done while lu is playing good and the canucks are in a postion of power. the next losing streak the canucks go on, and this could turn into a major problem

Don't matter. I doubt Schneider would go to his agent and say no i'm happy that we are winning, you no Schneider is not happy and agrees with his agent.

Trade him now. With all the crap surrounding Lu since the summer, this guy has not given up on this team or city and his proving it by giving us some of his best hockey in his career. Lu could have easily been a drama queen and just screw this team over by being bitter and a bad teammate this season.

As I am concerned this is Lu's team, he cares about the fans and this team winning, Schneider just cares about him playing clearly.

I'm definitely a believer in Schneider, but it would be hard to justify starting anyone but Luongo these last few.

But despite getting the win last night, Lu didn't look as solid. I would start Cory on Thursday for sure. Even if simply to quiet the talk of controversy.

Archived