The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

Boggles the mind aftter all that has been said by Lu, MG , Coryetc that you guys still say Lu wasn't shopped yet you can say with certainty that Lu wants to stay, and the locker room wants him to stay.

I guess those in denial about MG's intent neer played "Connect the Dots" when they were young.

Lu is the only "star" on this team that didn't take a discount to play here.

Have you ever heard him refer to the fans when he talks about why he plays or who he plays for? No. He talks about his teammates and himself.

LU is a great goalie and has performed well for Vancouver and I wish him well, but don't paint him as some kind of self-sacrificing martyr for the team.

It's fairly clear that MG has tried to find a deal for Luongo, though we don't know what he is currently doing. We also know that, from what players like Burrows said right before the start of the season, that they would rather have him. Luongo has never been an issue in the locker room, or rather, all indications throughout his time here is that he has been great with them all. We do however, have no idea if Luongo wants to stay or doesn't want to stay, or even if he changed his mind on that one way or the other. We do know that MG has tried to trade him though, that is undeniable. Whether MG is STILL trying is totally unknown. We also are not privy to the types of deals we are getting offered and who those offers are for.

MG right now he is playing it very safe, as he should, and is probably looking at a wide variety of options. IMO, there's no need to be hasty. Most important thing is that the team is succeeding, and right now they are so tinkering might be a mistake.

I agree with a lot of what Bertuzzi Babe is saying, but I have to admit that the proof IS there that the Canucks were - and maybe still are - working on a Roberto Luongo trade. Gillis is usually pretty secretive and vague, but even he hasn't bothered to dance around the fact that Luongo is on the trading block. The good thing is, unless there is in fact some unrest with Schneider and his camp, everyone involved has seemingly found a way to deal with the situation and do their jobs.

Similar situations, like Dany Heatley in Ottawa, got pretty ugly. The Canucks are lucky that their situation hasn't boiled over. Yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQafFhFKCs

Can't even imagine who he's talking about here, when he says 'he would consider a new home' and 'we've looked into trade options but haven't found the right fit for the team'

Please, who was that conversation about, in the two goalie platoon? Or, was he just being vague? How about this. The media, everywhere, is talking about MG trading his star goalie, how about you show me a single - ONE - quote where he mentions they're not looking to trade Luongo? Because that seems like the kind of thing he'd do, if Luongo was not being shopped. Where's your goddamn proof?

In fact, top of Google's search for 'Gillis Luongo Trade Denial' is an article, with video, of Gillis talking about how Luongo's contract won't be a deterrent to trading him. Your play, ignorant.

http://www.sportsnet..._trade_rumours/

EDIT: HE MENTIONS ROBERTO BY NAME IN THIS ONE OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Eyeroll. Alright. I guess you win? He's having an entire press conference talking about trading him, and I guess you just turned it off before he was talking about it? Whatever. I have better things to do than deal with this thick trash. Believe whatever you want, without proof. I understand that's a good way to get credibility.

Archived