1) if Lu didn't "leave" Florida, then why is he not there? Florida wanted to sign him but couldn't afford what he was asking so they traded him. He was the architect of his departure. FIgure it out.
2) Lu's contract was front-end loaded making him the highest paid player in the NHL his first years at $6.7M (IIRC). Not much of a discount.
3) Lu wanted too much $$$ for Vancouver to agree to a shorter contract. The only way to get him to sign was to pay him big and the only to make that work was to go long-term.
Lu may be a great team mate and a great guy but he is not here as a philanthropist and he did not take a discount to play here.
I thought i thoroughly explain the whole thing for you, and you managed to overlook them and crap on them.
1. Please give me the source on how Florida couldn't afford to sign Luongo. Florida made a bone head move and traded Luongo when they are very close in completely the new contract extension. Luongo literally asked for a shorter term with the same money in the condition of having a NTC and keeping his goalie coach.
Just this point shows you are basing your opinion on literally nothing but your assumption.
Also, it was you who claimed Luongo left Florida so he could sign a richer contract in Vancouver, but the fact is that he had no idea where he was going to be trade to, and that he didn't ask to get trade in the first place. He was just negotiating a contract like every single hockey players would.
2. Sidney Crosby's cap hit, which was signed in 2007, was EIGHT POINT SEVEN MILLION A YEAR. Mat Sundin was offered a 10 million a year contract by Gillis. Lundqvist's cap hit IS CURRENTLY SITTING AT 6.7 MILLION A YEAR.
Don't come here and tell me that Luongo didn't take a discount for the team.
3. Err your source? cos i have no idea htf did you manage to pull out this statment out of your ass.
and hey... where is the "Luongo didn't thank the fans and i am the guy who play for Luongo's salary" crap? You even manage to skip your argument about Luongo's charity stuffs during his time in vancouver.
seriously dude, if i were you, i will shut it because you are just that ill-informed on literally everything about our goalie
Edited by debluvscanucks, 06 February 2013 - 08:03 AM.