374 replies to this topic

#301 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I personally felt a little angry when I first heard he said that.. Lu handled the situation with grace, Schneids agent is making him look bad by doing this. I hope Schneids comments to say he wasn't behind his agent saying this or gets a new agent, definitely a low ball tactic. *sigh* The saga continues... And quite frankly is a lot more complicated than it ever has been, the fans have fed into this media frenzy as per usual. :rolleyes:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#302 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,327 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

As a former agent, stuff like this much just infuriate Gillis. Agents know better than this, to try and involve the media. Amateur move by Liut.

The owners should have pushed to have agents be banned from making comments about their clients to the media in the new CBA. They always do more harm then good when they open there mouths.

That's why you gotta respect a guy like JP Barry. Say what you want about him, but he's a pro, and hardly leaks anything out to the media.

Edited by DeNiro, 05 February 2013 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#303 kingfreako

kingfreako

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

schnieder games player

SHARKS - 1 (2nd in league)
ANAHEIM - 2 (3rd in league)
CALGARY - 1 (last in league)

luongo games played

OILERS - 2 (12th in league)
AVS - 1 (21st in league)
KINGS - 1 (26th in league)
HAWKS- 1 (1st in league)

Not making any excuses for Schneider but I'm just pointing out that Luu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman.

I just want to point out that the evidence you provided does not necessarily back up your argument.
You claim that "Lu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman" but you then tell us that Schneider played against the last place team while Luongo played against the first place team.
Posted Image

#304 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415287

wow looks like some one flinched.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#305 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

My experience in this thread is that folks are speaking ill of his agent for the most part, not Schneider himself. I don't see people turning on Schneider at all. If anything most people are appreciative of the untenable position he is in.

can you read? so many people have blamed Schneider, saying variations of "he told his agent to say it".

#306 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Schneider sounded pretty bitter himself in that interview as well. He's obviously too young and immature to handle this situation with grace the way Luongo did and it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Lu is the perfect professional, Schneider is still a nobody in this league.
Posted Image

#307 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,484 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Schneider sounded pretty bitter himself in that interview as well. He's obviously too young and immature to handle this situation with grace the way Luongo did and it should be of no surprise to anyone.

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in quite awhile.

You draw that is bitter and immature from something he didn't even say.

Definitely no bias towards Lu & jealousy that Schneids have overtaken him in this post.

zackass.png

#308 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hmm... the old veteran is handling himself better than a sophomore? who would have known that you could learn to do that over the years of making a fool of yourself in the media...

#309 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,915 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in quite awhile.

You draw that is bitter and immature from something he didn't even say.

Definitely no bias towards Lu & jealousy that Schneids have overtaken him in this post.

looks like cory got overtaken now. and he resorts to his agent to get more ice time. that's immature and unprofessional.
Posted Image

#310 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,484 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

looks like cory got overtaken now. and he resorts to his agent to get more ice time. that's immature and unprofessional.

How has he got overtaken, it is 10 games. It's not like the organization is coming out and saying "We have changed out minds, Lu is off the block and Schneids is back on"

No Luongo is still the one leaving. And how is this to get more icetime, personally knowing what kind of guy Cory is, I think he didn't ask Luit to do this, and it won't get him ice time either way, it will be dealt with and sorted out by management.

zackass.png

#311 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,327 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

And how exactly do people know he told his agent to say this? You don't. Don't pretend that you do.

Contrary to what some people here seem to believe, a player doesn't have to give his agent permission to speak to the media. They hire agents to make decisions on what is best for their careers. And his agent probably thought this might help. Which was clearly wrong.

Without knowing the context of the interview, it's not fair for anyone to make bold statements about it. The context could have been "well what if Luongo gets 90% of the games?". And his agent responded by saying "that would be disasterous". Obviously, as an agent he doesn't wanna see his client sit on the bench for most of the season. That's pretty much a given. He should have just kept his comments to himself though.

Edited by DeNiro, 06 February 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#312 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Luongo to be traded? Schneider to be traded? Both goalies kept as a tandem again? Schneider the starter? Luongo the starter? Who knows WTF is gonna happen or when this nonsense is gonna be resolved. All this uncertainty is a major distraction.

#313 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,915 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

How has he got overtaken, it is 10 games. It's not like the organization is coming out and saying "We have changed out minds, Lu is off the block and Schneids is back on"

No Luongo is still the one leaving. And how is this to get more icetime, personally knowing what kind of guy Cory is, I think he didn't ask Luit to do this, and it won't get him ice time either way, it will be dealt with and sorted out by management.

personally? then you are biased.

if cory is truly #1, then he should be playing most of the games.

as deniro's reply, my comment was tongue in cheek. intentional or not, his agents makes cory look like that. it was similar to coho's agent bitching to the media.

Edited by Jaimito, 06 February 2013 - 02:15 AM.

Posted Image

#314 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,484 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

personally? then you are biased.

if cory is truly #1, then he should be playing most of the games.

as deniro's reply, my comment was tongue in cheek. intentional or not, his agents makes cory look like that. it was similar to coho's agent bitching to the media.

Corys not the #1 right now, he is our #1 moving forward past this season. Niether goalie is #1 and both should be used while we have this advantage. That being said it doesn't change anything, Schneids is still our guy, Luongo is still on the block.

And I'm a big fan of both, I'm just getting tired of all the Luongo lovers who are using this as Ammo to fuel there personal bias.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 06 February 2013 - 02:19 AM.

zackass.png

#315 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Back then Luongo was the #1 goalie, at the end of the year it looked lliked the team chose schneider to supplant him as the new #1

Yes he was the #1 and had to watch his backup play his roll for at least 6 games straight, I know I would of been pissed I would want to play and I'm sure he felt that exact same way, except he handled himself in a mature manner.

That's the thing, Cory looked like he may of taken the #1 spot, because Luongo was stuggling and the team was playing like crap infront of Luongo, and the team was doing better with Cory in net. The media though also had a big involvement in convincing a lot of people that Cory had taken over the #1 spot, and everyone just believed what they heard. After the season and Cory was signed to a new contract, but Gillis spoke after the signing and was asked the question about who the #1 would be, and his response was neither they will both come to camp and work for their jobs, and that was it.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#316 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Ha; I laughed. :lol: I did!

But its not like Kesler's agent hasn't been caught out doing the exact same thing. He piped up when AV said (something stupid) to the effect that his injuries were no reason he had a tough year last year. And then came back and added that his client would not come back until fully ready this time, both offsetting expectations on the speed of his return and hinting that people were perhaps driving him into the ground.

When Kess's agent was out there, I was very worried AV did serious damage and the team might lose its grip. But now we see Kess reffin street hockey under the Cambie bridge with Canucks fans, workin shifts in our good name (for our sponsors, wink wink) at Save on Foods and Timmy's...

Maybe Overhardt gets a cut on all the sugar cream puff's not donated to Koharski?

http://www.vancouver...3518/story.html

Anywhoo; it doesn't seem to have caused any long term damage. I doubt it will with Schneider.

Let us know if his dad likes donuts? :bigblush:

I have a trade proposal:

Liut for Hodgson's dad!

#317 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Luongo is playing better, therefore, we have a better chance of winning. Simple as that, no emotion in business!

That's bollocks because it's a cop out...........which can't be replicated once Lu leaves. We are deciding on a fixture here not a "hot hand"
If Lu IS the goalie we are offering to trade...........and who knows going by MG's giddy mutterings then if he goes to-morrow Schneider is the same cold hand he was yesterday, the only difference is Lu is gone and we HAVE to play Schneider whether he performs or not..................That my friend is CRAP.

This only works FOR US if we take Lu off the market until the end of the season...........(but we are still ultimately screwed)
Kevin.jpg

#318 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

We don't know that.

Corey is the victim in this mess because MG is unable to get his deals finalised. How is it if we have ALL THESE TEAMS on the phone we can't make any of them work?

There is only one person to blame and it is MG imo. He should never have opened this can of worms and now he is almost forced into trading Lu to save face.

Why use an option which is valid when both goalies are being kept that is not available when Luongo (if it is indeed Lu) gets traded and we are left with a virtually untried and unproven starter?

If Schneider is the "keeper" (no pun intended) GET HIM BETWEEN THE PIPES! So what if he has a bad game, he has to play through them and if he has a string of bad games we have made the wrong decision (with time to rectify it)
Kevin.jpg

#319 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,384 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

As a former agent, stuff like this much just infuriate Gillis. Agents know better than this, to try and involve the media. Amateur move by Liut.

The owners should have pushed to have agents be banned from making comments about their clients to the media in the new CBA. They always do more harm then good when they open there mouths.

That's why you gotta respect a guy like JP Barry. Say what you want about him, but he's a pro, and hardly leaks anything out to the media.

Exactly. It's a tactic that can really be damaging to a team, so there should be some sort of gag order when a player is under contract. Sure, during negotiations - present your point but it's little more than leverage and strong arm tactics that can backfire for the actual client if it's disruptive during the course of play. One of the attractive things about CS is that he is low maintenance and readily adapts to situations...that he can "handle" things. Of course he wants to play but the team decides based on what is working and we all know what happens when others start demanding things about ice time. I like both goaltenders, but this does not help the situation...the media is already going crazy with a goaltender "controversy" and it becomes a huge distraction if it starts funneling down to the bench. Let them play until something "is" settled...and the let them play being the one with the hot hand.

And Bodee....again, it's not MG's fault....teams appear to be undervaluing Lu and I'm glad he (MG) seems to be standing firm. Sure, teams want to snap up other players but what he is doing is creating a situation where he's drawn a line in the sand and only serious bidders will be considered. Once Lu's gone, he's gone. We need to get valuable assets in return and if the right package hasn't been presented, what is he to do? You're also forgetting that Lu has a hand in this and may be rejecting some of the teams/offers himself.

Posted Image

#320 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Absolutely sux that schneidermans agent has added fire to this circus by media meddling..... Poor guy.... Now having to deal with a hodgson style debacle with nitwit fans turning on him on a dime.... Sheesh....

#321 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,384 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

"We are conscious of time and we have to win games....we don't have the luxury of people's feelings"

This.

With a shortened season, every game is critical and so the hot hand IS more important than anything. The future of players/the team is second to that. While Schneid's agent is thinking ahead, so is MG....and the first priority is to win a cup, with everything else falling under that. The entire team should be on board with that, despite their ice time. I know it's not CS and it's his agent speaking, but Liut should get that.

"If they are both there for the entire season, and it's a 48 game season and Roberto plays 40 games, that's a disaster".

But he's left something out. What if they win the cup? In stating "disaster", it's a selfish projection.

Posted Image

#322 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

can you read? so many people have blamed Schneider, saying variations of "he told his agent to say it".

Quite well, thank you. In fact I have been participating in this thread, even. A look through all the posts in this thread only confirms that my comment "My experience in this thread is that folks are speaking ill of his agent for the most part, not Schneider himself" is indeed correct. But thank you for your input, however misguided it may be.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#323 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

It's hard to prove urself when u get two bad games and get yanked , losing Ur starting position. What a joke. Then guy is not going to be perfect all the friggin time. They are showing zero patience with him and no doubt, I don't care what Schneider is actually saying, it will effect his confidence.

So he's nervous to have the stating position and was gripping the stick a little too tight his first game? I got a great idea. Lets solve that by pulling him it the next five games!!!!!!!

They let Lu " play through his rough patches " for half a decade. They couldn't however let Schneider play through two bad games ?

This man love for luongo is killing the potential in Schneider.

coz Schneider was never appointed the official #1 by the coach or the gm? only by the bandwagoners on cdc? there's no clear #1 on this team. Luongo so far have the slight edge

#324 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Schneider's agent is an idiot. And if Schneider didn't have any kind of relevant opinion, than said agent would be fired, would he not? Or at the very least Schneider would come out and claim distance from said opinion and call him wrong.

Regardless, it wasn't very professional, and considering Schneider's inconsistent play in a short season where games are important, why would you NOT play the goalie playing very good and getting you points? What if Schneider keeps looking awkward and not playing great and we actually miss the playoffs? The team is suppose to risk that just because we should 'give Schneider a chance' instead of playing the goalie that is getting points and playing better?

I don't even know what to say half the time to the people on this board. Every argument they use against Luongo, they try to defend Schneider with. "ANAHEIM AND THE SHARKS WERE BETTER TEAMS THAN WHAT LUONGO HAS PLAYED AND LOOKED GOOD AGAINST." Lol? Schneider was protected like frack in comparison to what teams Luongo had to play far more against in previous years when he was playing 50+ games. So how can people even use that as an excuse, when people praised Schneider and were saying "No NHL team is bad!"

Schneider's agent is a douche, Schneider himself is quite possibly being sour that he is being outplayed and it finally came out via his agent, and Luongo's handling of the situation, his current play, and the way the media and a good chunk of Vancouver fans have embraced Luongo's handling and humor towards the situation might put a ton more pressure on Schneider, especially if his agent is going to come out saying stuff like that.

All you can really say is, in a short season, Schneider was given a big chance. And in his very first game, the opener of the season, he did the worst possible thing he could do. He played horrible. To the point along with the "Luooooooo" of Luongo coming in, there was some boos as well. And now, his agent is complaining while Luongo has played very well. Schneider is not helping his cause, and now because of his agent, he is risking looking like a bad guy, while more pressure is being added on to him. Pressure he didn't look very comfortable with on his first game.

#325 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Whether this is him speaking on behalf of Schneider or otherwise, given the current circumstances, this should be handled behind closed doors. Saying that, I think it's a bit blown out of proportion, as per usual by anything the media gets ahold of. But to say he thought his client would get 75% of games as the starter is absolutely nuts! Interesting to know if there's been chatter in the background and he's spoken to the media with out Schneider's permission or discussing how to phrase it.

I'm sure he'll get a run a of games and it'll be traded back and forth to keep them both fresh. It's a tricky situation for MG and AV to handle, and added stupidity from agents at this point isn't needed. Can't say I've noticed what ginger has done regarding going up to Luo or otherwise, they normally do one way or the other but it's not something that's caught my eye.
100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#326 niklas

niklas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Lp

#327 john bell

john bell

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Gillis/Gilman are being very difficult i.m.o. Mike Gillis was even saying "if We decide to go the route of trading Luongo"?
They should have considered trading Cory, and getting a Player that could potentially help them win the Cup. Maybe, They still can? Obviously, Theyare concerned that Cory will turn into the next Martin Brodeur and They will look bad. The G.M. is concerned about His own record, which is normal.

#328 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Gillis/Gilman are being very difficult i.m.o. Mike Gillis was even saying "if We decide to go the route of trading Luongo"?
They should have considered trading Cory, and getting a Player that could potentially help them win the Cup. Maybe, They still can? Obviously, Theyare concerned that Cory will turn into the next Martin Brodeur and They will look bad. The G.M. is concerned about His own record, which is normal.

He made it clear that lu is going to be traded and is only playing because he's doing well

http://www.teamradio...-on-team1040-4/

Edited by mbal23, 06 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#329 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

This makes very little sense. Clearly we are both playing the hot goalie, and showcasing him for trade.

#330 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'd get rid of that agent in a hurry. He's doing a disservice to his client and himself. As a team would you want to sign a player with an agent that blurts out to the media and thinks he can force the teams hand? Basically a potential nuisance to the organization. Who is this guy? Does he understand what's involved in a trade and its potential ramifications to the team and its successes. You got your client a good longterm deal...you've done your job...be happy. This is a team sport and its all about the wins and not your clients ice time. If Lu was doing terrible and the team was still resistant to use Schneider then that's cause for concern and address it with management "privately".
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.