The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

Remeber this very important detail: Schneider is American and Americans always seem to prefer playing in America. If he gets antsy he may well say send me back home. After all, HIS contract isn't bad at all and he would probably be easy to move for quality players.

Remeber this very important detail: Schneider is American and Americans always seem to prefer playing in America. If he gets antsy he may well say send me back home. After all, HIS contract isn't bad at all and he would probably be easy to move for quality players.

Cory is too smart for this. He is very conscious of the vancouver media. there is no chance he wanted his agent to do something like this. Had he said something to his agent? maybe he had. i'm not sure how often agents and players keep in contact.

This is vancouver media striking again. "cory hasn't spoken much about roberto luongo making four straight starts," lets see what his agent has to say on the matter. The agent obviously wants the player to play so he gets paid more.

I think most of us know that the Canucks are playing Luo because he's playing better. Period. The argument for Schneider last season was that his numbers were better. Now, there's been a reversal and it's Luo's numbers that argue for him getting the starts. Just like the playoffs last year, personal pride and ego have to be put aside and the team has to make the decision to use the goalie that will give them the best chance to win. I'm sure that was incredibly horrible for Luo, but he handled it with grace and professionalism. It's time for Schneider to prove he can do the same.

In fact, if Schneider is concerned about his ice time his focus would be better spent making sure he proves his value in an upcoming start rather than whining to the media via his agent. Given the lopsided schedule that will see us play 4 games in 6 nights week after next (after 2 weeks with only 5 games total), I'm sure Schneider will get a couple of starts. If he shines during a game then I would fully expect to see him get the next start. If Schneider wants more ice time he has to earn it, not just whine for it.

My big concern is that, as others have said, his agent is surely speaking on his behalf and with his knowledge/permission. If Schneider has been the supposed number 1 for all of a month now and is already whining about the supposedly unfair treatment he's receiving it's doesn't bode well for his longevity here. The Vancouver media/fans are going to eat him alive.

I like you, Schneider, I really do. But toughen up. Don't ask to sit in the frying pan if you can't handle the heat!

It's hard to prove urself when u get two bad games and get yanked , losing Ur starting position. What a joke. Then guy is not going to be perfect all the friggin time. They are showing zero patience with him and no doubt, I don't care what Schneider is actually saying, it will effect his confidence.

Archived