374 replies to this topic

#61 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,791 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

My words exactly. We are here to win. And Luongo most def won't need to be showcased. He has his resume well documented. Gillis knows it, 29 other GM's know it and the media should too...

What was also well documented was Luongo's penchant for slow starts. In a shortened season, him needing 10 games just to get to speed would be a scary proposition to an interested team.

Also, Lu's stats overall took a noticable hit last year. Was it a blip? Or an indication of decline in play, that could perhaps be a notch worse with him a year older.

These last few games have proven that he is still elite, and is ready to roll.
Posted Image

#62 ice3u3

ice3u3

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

im a huge luongo fan I really like schneider lets be real here what schneids agent said wasn't cool it is whining basically and even though schneider never said it well he's still being represented by the guy no sugar coating it. Basically if Lu shutup and praised cory maybe cory should praise Lu instead of having his feelings hurt hes been outplayed.

#63 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Great way for the agent to turn public opinion against his own client, the media will chew this up and spit it infront of Cory's face.

#64 Dogboy1234

Dogboy1234

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

schnieder games player

SHARKS - 1 (2nd in league)
ANAHEIM - 2 (3rd in league)
CALGARY - 1 (last in league)

luongo games played

OILERS - 2 (12th in league)
AVS - 1 (21st in league)
KINGS - 1 (26th in league)
HAWKS- 1 (1st in league)

Not making any excuses for Schneider but I'm just pointing out that Luu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman.
Kapanen 86 - Primeau 91 - Jones 81

Roberts 81 - Dvorak 78 - Kovalenko 74

Hogue 71 - Zaumner 74 - Dineen 69

Kron 71 - Bonk 74 - Bartecko 69

York 81 - Wesley 77

Leschyshyn 74 - Persson 69

Karpa 70 - Kravchuk 75

Tugnutt 88

Fichaud 70

#65 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Gillis should tell him to shut his mouth or he'll trade Schneider to the flames and destroy any chance of him getting descent stats for future contracts.

#66 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

If I was Schneider I would get another agent.
Obviously Liut didn't negotiate "the number of games to be played by my client" into the contract.

Seriously - since when do agents care how much their client plays - I thought all they really care about is how much their clients get paid for that affects their own bottom line.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#67 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

I concur, Schneider needs a new agent, this guy is a moron.

#68 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm a huge Luongo fan but there's no need to pick a side like people do all the time...like Lu praised Cory, we're expecting the same from Cory, like he did till now!

#69 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Understandable that Cory would feel that way though he himself has said nothing.

He has spent 6 years in the system proving himself. He took over lastt year in the playoffs and was the main reason the Nucks even stayed close to LA.

Both he and his agent were aware of what a hot commodity he was and could have gone the RFA route but were convinced by MG that he was Vancouver's future so he signed here.

This situation is being badly handled by the Nucks and could get very ugly. Hard enough to be a new starter on a contending team; then to have Lu sitting on the bench in back-up makes it harder still; add to that a coach who puts you on a short leash (much shorter thatn Lu had when he struggled) and you've got a no-win situation for Cory. Now add the press analysis and controversy, the Nucks fan that seem to be taking some sort of sick pleasure in Cory sitting and who wouldn't be frustrated.

Cory has been head of the class in college, AHL and last year's numbers in the NHL. He will be a top 5-10 goalie for many years to come. If MG doesn't handle this right, it won't be with the Nucks.

so what is the RFA route? offer sheets? you think Cory was gonna get much more than 4 million from another team? What the agent is basically saying now is that Cory is bigger than the team. Yeah, Cory has spent 6 years with the team proving himself, but the team has also invested six years in developing him. The agent should just shut up, have some class like Luongo and let the situation resolve itself. What he said doesn't help one bit and wouldn't surprise me that the Toronto media is trying to fan flames to get either Cory or Lu for cheap. Clearly Toronto doesn't have a goaltender but that might be the least of their problems

#70 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

All Cory has done since he has been with the club is praise Lou and put his team first, i have never seen an artical or interview where he so called whined about the club or Lou. The eastern media picks up a sound bite from his agent just like they did with Lous agent and runs with it, next thing you know you have some people here comparing it to the Hodgson situation.

Well, we're probably never going to know the full truth about the Hodgson situation either but it seems from everything that's been said that his agent was acting on his behalf and saying what he wanted to say. But whatever. He's happier, we're happy (mostly) with Kass. All's well that ends well. Time to move on. Media & CDC: Retire the jersey for that "scandal" and stop pulling it out and trying to force it on any other situation!

That being said, I hope you're right and it is being overblown. I agree, Schneider has never whined directly in interviews or shown anything other than professionalism, though one would not expect anything less from a guy trained in media relations as all of the players are (even if some of them forget it.) However, it's not just a soundbite as that makes it sound like it was a sentence or two off the cuff as opposed to a planned statement about how Schneider isn't getting enough ice time and as a result the team should move another player to free more play time, presently deserved or not, for him. I'm sure you're right and the media contacted his agent, rather than the other way around, but that likely means they contacted him and left a message asking for a statement, which he would have time to craft and get approval for before issuing to the media. If he didn't, Schneider should fire him and find one that will make sure they truly speak for him. Frankly, that would go a long way to undoing the damage this could do to Schneider's reputation. Otherwise, we have to assume his agent did speak for him and what he said was basically, "Schneider was promised the starter position but now Luo's gotten a handful of starts because he's playing better and that's not fair! Trade him already, even if it hurts the team in a shortened season so Schneider can have what he wants." If that does truly represent Schneider's feelings and shows that he will whine after such a short amount of time under such unusual circumstances and demand that his feelings be put above the best interest of the team, I reiterate my concern for his long-term suitability to this market.

But make no mistake, I'm absolutely hoping I'm wrong, that his agent did speak out of turn and that Schneider is the affable, dedicated, sturdy team guy he seems in interviews.

Edited by poetica, 05 February 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#71 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

hockey players are not slaves people.

Schenieds payed his dues, he has been patient/professional for years. he signed a contract with the understanding he would be the starting goalie. with the exception of his very first game coming off a lengthy lockout; i dont think schneids has played himself out of his job (at least not yet)

if the canucks dont make him the starting goalie by playoff time, any reasonable person in his shoe would ask for a trade.

for a starting calibre goalie to sit on the bench is a waste of talent, time and money.

i completely understand gillis is trying to work the markets; but this has dragged on far too long in my personal opinion, make up your damn mind already and get a deal done while lu is playing good and the canucks are in a postion of power. the next losing streak the canucks go on, and this could turn into a major problem

Edited by sam13371337, 05 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Fire MG

#72 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

schnieder games player

SHARKS - 1 (2nd in league)
ANAHEIM - 2 (3rd in league)
CALGARY - 1 (last in league)

luongo games played

OILERS - 2 (12th in league)
AVS - 1 (21st in league)
KINGS - 1 (26th in league)
HAWKS- 1 (1st in league)

Not making any excuses for Schneider but I'm just pointing out that Luu has played more weaker teams compared to spiderman.

This means absolutely nothing, really. Luongo HAS looked much more poised and on his game every night, but CS hasn't. It's just a slow start though

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 05 February 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image

#73 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Schneiders agent is not Schneider..

Don't matter. I doubt Schneider would go to his agent and say no i'm happy that we are winning, you no Schneider is not happy and agrees with his agent.

Trade him now. With all the crap surrounding Lu since the summer, this guy has not given up on this team or city and his proving it by giving us some of his best hockey in his career. Lu could have easily been a drama queen and just screw this team over by being bitter and a bad teammate this season.

As I am concerned this is Lu's team, he cares about the fans and this team winning, Schneider just cares about him playing clearly.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#74 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

hockey players are not slaves people.

Schenieds payed his dues, he has been patient/professional for years. he signed a contract with the understanding he would be the starting goalie. with the exception of his very first game coming off a lengthy lockout; i dont think schneids has played himself out of his job (at least not yet)

if the canucks dont make him the starting goalie by playoff time, any reasonable person in his shoe would ask for a trade.

for a starting calibre goalie to sit on the bench is a waste of talent, time and money.

i completely understand gillis is trying to work the markets; but this has dragged on far too long in my personal opinion, make up your damn mind already and get a deal done while lu is playing good and the canucks are in a postion of power. the next losing streak the canucks go on, and this could turn into a major problem

I really believe that Schneids knew this was one of the possibilities when he signed. Canucks are going with the hottest goalie, the Nucks, I and most fans have no problem with that tactic.

I would much rather keep Lou/Schneid till the off-season is we are getting garbage in return, no problem with having this tandem for half a season

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#75 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

The agents words were changed by the reporter to fit his story. Luit did speak out of turn and probably got in trouble from Schneider cuz he's not doing any more interviews

#76 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Don't matter. I doubt Schneider would go to his agent and say no i'm happy that we are winning, you no Schneider is not happy and agrees with his agent.

Trade him now. With all the crap surrounding Lu since the summer, this guy has not given up on this team or city and his proving it by giving us some of his best hockey in his career. Lu could have easily been a drama queen and just screw this team over by being bitter and a bad teammate this season.

As I am concerned this is Lu's team, he cares about the fans and this team winning, Schneider just cares about him playing clearly.

Yah Lou has definetly shown his colors, he stayed witty about the situation, poking fun at it through STROMBONE1, enjoying himself, has a smile, and is playing great.

Shneids on the other hand is coming off as bitter in a sense...

WE DID NOT LOSE TO THE KINGS last run because of Lou....

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#77 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I don't think we are showcasing Luongo. Even MG said before, Luongo doesn't need to be showcased. We are just playing the goalie who's currently on fire!

Which is bollocks if we still intend to trade him (Lu). If we are absolutely sure that Schneider is the goal tender we want then he should be getting PLAYED.

Of course we all no they can't be sure because they have no history of Cory playing half a season as starter, never mind a whole one. Is this the way we let Schneider know how much we think of him as a goalie ..............by not actually trusting him to play for us on a nightly basis?

It's bull-----!

Edited by Bodee, 06 February 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#78 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Last time someone complained about ice time.....

Breaking news: Cory Schneider traded for ...

:bigblush:

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#79 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

If Scheids was on a tear he shouldn't be pulled either. Goes both ways.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#80 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

POPULAR

Last time someone complained about ice time.....

?????
Posted Image
Posted Image

#81 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,791 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm definitely a believer in Schneider, but it would be hard to justify starting anyone but Luongo these last few.

But despite getting the win last night, Lu didn't look as solid. I would start Cory on Thursday for sure. Even if simply to quiet the talk of controversy.
Posted Image

#82 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Fun fact:

Luongo has started 5 games.

Schneider has started 4 games.

#83 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

If I was Schneider I'd fire that piece if crap.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#84 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Funny Luongo was perfectly fine when Schneider had 6 back to back games last season. Quit whinning Schneider and play the game. It is a team sport and it should not matter as long as Canucks are winning.

Luongo definitely wasn't "perfectly fine". He had a minor injury which made using Schneider the only real option.

#85 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Only on CDC does the most hated man in Vancouver a couple a month ago is now God and Schneider is now the Villain.

1- Schneider never complained publicly.
2- Schneider has played well, the team is just getting into a rythm and playing better in front of Luongo. Remember the two assist by Edler and Garrison in the SJ's game.
3- I'm pretty sure next Nuck's loss Schneider is back in. We won 3 in a row, chances we get to 6-7-8 are pretty slim, Schneider should be back in this week or next at worst.

#86 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Luongo never complained for ice time, he is the only Canuck recently to show true loyalty to this team.

MG has to respect that and show loyalty to whoever is loyal to him. Keep Luongo, trade Schneider.
Posted Image

#87 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

He signed His contract with the understanding He was to be the starting Goalie here. If this continues then the Canucks misrepresented Himself. His career as a number one has been delayed in My opinion. He is 26, or Jonathan Quick's age. He could have been a starter a few Years ago. They kept Him intheA.H.L.forThree Years,and He was a backup for two Years? Gillis say "We can't afford to worry about People's feelings", but Cory has to worry about His interests. I would be suggesting the Canucks move Me. Hedoesn't care where He goes.

Proof, please. Cite your sources. Direct quote etc. The burden of proof is on you as you're the one who says this is so. Really, we're waiting.

Great way for the agent to turn public opinion against his own client, the media will chew this up and spit it infront of Cory's face.

Yep, this sports media loves nothing better than to pull this sort of crap.

Which is bollocks if we still intend to trade him (Lu). If we are absolutely sure that Schneider is the goal tender we want then he should be getting PLAYED.

Well, gee, perhaps Schneider isn't the goal tender they intend to keep then....fancy that, eh?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#88 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Perhaps the agent should tell his client to outplay Lui.

#89 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Of course we all no they can't be sure because they have no history of Corey playing half a season as starter, never mind a whole one. Is this the way we let Schneider know how much we think of him as a goalie ..............by not actually trusting him to play for us on a nightly basis?

It's bull-----!

Luongo is playing better, therefore, we have a better chance of winning. Simple as that, no emotion in business!

#90 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

?????
Posted Image

That is a disturbed mind at work. Keep up the good work!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.