374 replies to this topic

#121 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

schnieder dosent have a a long contract agents gets paid when their players sign contracts players sign contract based on the body of their work this agent is seeing his up and comming superstar goalie get placed on the bench ... i doubt this had anything to do with schnieder complaining about anything more less an agent looking out for himself.

#122 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

POPULAR

Hmm, he basically asked to be traded by going to the media with that. You can argue it all you want but that's basically what was said and done.

Huge leaps and assumptions were made by people and by the media which continues to fuel a firestorm and &^%! show that came out of something that was never said. IT. WAS. NEVER. SAID. OR. EVEN. IMPLIED. That all came from people and the media putting their own spin on it at a time when everyone, including Luo, was horribly disappointed at the way the post-season ended.

That is NOT what was basically said and done......not by a long shot. The media took an innocent comment from a crushed goalie and ran with it turning it into something it most clearly was not.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 February 2013 - 03:37 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#123 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

It's hard to prove urself when u get two bad games and get yanked , losing Ur starting position. What a joke. Then guy is not going to be perfect all the friggin time. They are showing zero patience with him and no doubt, I don't care what Schneider is actually saying, it will effect his confidence.

So he's nervous to have the stating position and was gripping the stick a little too tight his first game? I got a great idea. Lets solve that by pulling him it the next five games!!!!!!!

They let Lu " play through his rough patches " for half a decade. They couldn't however let Schneider play through two bad games ?

This man love for luongo is killing the potential in Schneider.

Dude...we're winning. End of story.

#124 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

You mean like Lu did when he walked from Florida - who gave him his chance in the NHL - to sign the most lucrative contract in the NHL with Vancouver?

Lu is the only "star" on this team that didn't take a discount to play here.

Have you ever heard him refer to the fans when he talks about why he plays or who he plays for? No. He talks about his teammates and himself.

LU is a great goalie and has performed well for Vancouver and I wish him well, but don't paint him as some kind of self-sacrificing martyr for the team.

Err how many mis information I see in this single reply?

1. Luongo didn't walk from Florida. His team traded him to Vancouver when luongo was very close of signing an extension with Florida.

2. His cap hit is 5.1 or 5.3 million. And he didn't take a cut to stay in Vancouver?

3. NHL players play for their team, not for the fans. Especially not for the ones who will backstab him whenever he has a bad game.

4. Also in regard of the above point:
Luongo is involved with several charities. Like many Canucks players, he has spent time with Canuck Place, a children's hospice in Vancouver.[9] He also sponsors a spectator's box in Rogers Arena that is reserved for underprivileged children to attend Canucks games.[9] At the end of games in which he has been named one of the three stars, he has been known to give away his goalie stick to a fan in the crowd.[9] In the summer of 2009, he hosted the Roberto Luongo Golf Open to benefit Montreal Children's Hospital, Sainte-Justine Hospital, and a seniors centre network in Saint-Léonard.[9]

This guy is so misinformed that its not even funny

Edited by Piggy1983, 05 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#125 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

1. Luongo didn't walk from Florida. His team traded him

Lu was traded from FLA because he wasn't going to sign a deal

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#126 DeltaSwede

DeltaSwede

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

For the people that are saying that it is Schneider who is complaining, I seriously doubt he is complaining. This is his agent looking out for his own and his clients future. Of course he wants the guy he represents to be the number one goaltender on one of the best teams in the league.

Cory will get games in, my guess is that he starts next game.

MMjJiLv.gif

Shinckarukak

#127 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

For the people that are saying that it is Schneider who is complaining, I seriously doubt he is complaining. This is his agent looking out for his own and his clients future. Of course he wants the guy he represents to be the number one goaltender on one of the best teams in the league.

Cory will get games in, my guess is that he starts next game.

+1....Luongo has been been less than stellar in Minnesota...I'll bet CS gets the start.

#128 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Lu was traded from FLA because he wasn't going to sign a deal

Says who? A guy from the basement with a crystal ball that watch luongo's every move, or the player himself who spent millions buying a new home in Florida thinking he will stay there,

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=2499410

Even if what you said is true, he didn't know he was going to Vancouver, and certainly did not pick another team over Florida like that Diq guy had said.

Edited by Piggy1983, 05 February 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#129 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

schneider posted a shutout against anaheim the team he got blown out by. Last i checked anaheim is currently 6-1-1. So he played very well against a team who is playing quite well to start the year, they just beat sanjose.

So schneider has deserved to play, even though lou is play very well. If schneider doesnt start thursday i would be shocked and disappointed. This is a stretch in the schedule where both goalies should be playing, as we have multiple days off between games so there is no way fatigue could be an issue, hence why both goalies should play.

I know ppl are saying run with the hot hand, and i dont dismiss that, but what happens if Luo wins another 6 games straight? or vice a versa. You have to give both your goalies some playing time to keep them both sharp, and happy given the current situation

The Canucks would have a 9 game winning streak in total along with an 11-2-2 record which would probably be tops in the league. That's what.

#130 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

ha, nice. Thinking Schneider is getting 36 games in a compressed 48 game season is absurd. There's about 7-8 goalies who are going to get that workload, and none of them having Roberto Luongo as a backup. Nor would ANY of them work that load if they did. I imagine it'll be a 28-20 split, and I don't know who is going to come out on top, but Schneider should be happy with either this year. It's going to be a bad year for exhausted goalies who don't have good backups to rely on. 3 games in 4 days being not unusual, with some teams playing twice in 24 hours more than once this season.

#131 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Huge leaps and assumptions were made by people and by the media which continues to fuel a firestorm and &^%! show that came out of something that was never said. IT. WAS. NEVER. SAID. OR. EVEN. IMPLIED. That all came from people and the media putting their own spin on it at a time when everyone, including Luo, was horribly disappointed at the way the post-season ended.

That is NOT what was basically said and done......not by a long shot. The media took an innocent comment from a crushed goalie and ran with it turning it into something it most clearly was not.

-He said that it's time to move on

-He talked about how great it'd be to play in Florida again

-He said that he did not expect to be back in Vancouver in August

-Mike Gillis speaks openly about the fact that they're trying to trade him

Yeah, not implied at all. Never.

Strange that you can imply that I'm a troll because I bring up the fact that Zack Kassian's AHL production declined year-over-year, yet you're taking the stance that essentially Roberto has never asked for a trade. Rich.

Edited by King of the ES, 05 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#132 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Gillis needs to resolve this asap, this circus is only going to get bigger and bigger and will become a distraction for the team if it isn't already. I don't care who you trade MG, Lu or Schneider, just get it done! If you're not satisfied with what's being offered for Lui, then trade Schneider. Everyone knows you'll get more him.

#133 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Mike Liut should keep his ???? trap shut. If you have an issue with playing time you talk to Gillis and Vigneault, not flap your gums in the media to create even more controversy and put pressure on the GM and coach.

What a lowball tactic.

Can people just shut up and let this team continue winning, please?

All Liut's guy, Schneider, has to do to get more ice time, is to play better than Luongo. If Liut doesn't know that, Schneider certainly seems to - but first of all, he is going to need a chance - oh well, next back to back - if history serves. Be amazing, Cory, make it as tough as possible on AV.

#134 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

-He said that it's time to move on

-He talked about how great it'd be to play in Florida again

-He said that he did not expect to be back in Vancouver in August

-Mike Gillis speaks openly about the fact that they're trying to trade him

Yeah, not implied at all. Never.

Strange that you can imply that I'm a troll because I bring up the fact that Zack Kassian's AHL production declined year-over-year, yet you're taking the stance that essentially Roberto has never asked for a trade. Rich.

You can take any comment out of context and spin it to your own agenda, right ES? (We see your practice of doing so post after post.)

As can the media, which does it all the time.........and don't forget a slew of disappointed fans at the time. You and others, including the media, having been putting words in MG's mouth and in Luo's mouth for months now. And I love it that now MG, AV and Luo himself are just toying with the media and the naysayers with each and every comment. Y'all are so easily led.......baaaaaaaa.........

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#135 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Oh look, BB and King of the ES are arguing.

Can`t help but feel this weird sense of deja vu... :lol:

/=S=/

#136 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

A deal in place for Roberto Luongo. Quoted from MG. I barely had to Google that. I guess I'm just a sheep for... reading... the comments that came out of the man's mouth. Obviously. Clearly. Maybe this open talk about having a trade for Roberto Luongo was just something I created, then submitted to the news, in MGs voice.

#137 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Schneider Edler malhotra raymond first

For

3rd rd pick, Holtby, ovechkin

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Ovechkin
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen
Weise/Barker

Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Garrison
Tanev Vandermeer
Alberts

Luongo
Holtby

#1 PP in NHL

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Ovechkin Garrison

#2 PP unit

Booth Schroeder Higgins
Ballard Tanev

#1 PK in NHL (also leads league in SHG)

Hansen Kesler Burrows
Hamhuis Bieksa

BOOM!! ROLL FOUR LINES

One can dream right???

Edited by frazzY, 05 February 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#138 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Canucks would have a 9 game winning streak in total along with an 11-2-2 record which would probably be tops in the league. That's what.

Yes i can add and i would know what our record would be. But at the same time, do you play the same goalie in back to back nights, 3 games in 4 nights and risk injuring him or tiring him out just because he continues to win. Or do you spread the wealth, continue to win and give our team a good shot to win every night and going into the playoffs both goalies would be seasoned yet rested so they could go on for a cup run. Thats when you ride the hot goalie every night no questions asked if it came down to us keeping both goalies all year

Edited by ERIK, 05 February 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#139 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Luongo never complained for ice time, he is the only Canuck recently to show true loyalty to this team.

MG has to respect that and show loyalty to whoever is loyal to him. Keep Luongo, trade Schneider.

true loyalty? he wanted and still wants to be traded!

#140 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

A deal in place for Roberto Luongo. Quoted from MG. I barely had to Google that. I guess I'm just a sheep for... reading... the comments that came out of the man's mouth. Obviously. Clearly. Maybe this open talk about having a trade for Roberto Luongo was just something I created, then submitted to the news, in MGs voice.

Funny, I don't see anywhere in that direct quote of MG's that there is a trade deal in place for Luo. Just merely more folks reading stuff into words that don't say that at all.

Baaaaaaa...., indeed.

#141 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'll say this again, play a goalie till he loses.

307mg00.jpg

#142 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

1. Luongo didn't walk from Florida. His team traded him to Vancouver when luongo was very close of signing an extension with Florida.

2. His cap hit is 5.1 or 5.3 million. And he didn't take a cut to stay in Vancouver?

3. NHL players play for their team, not for the fans. Especially not for the ones who will backstab him whenever he has a bad game.

4. Also in regard of the above point:
Luongo is involved with several charities. Like many Canucks players, he has spent time with Canuck Place, a children's hospice in Vancouver.[9] He also sponsors a spectator's box in Rogers Arena that is reserved for underprivileged children to attend Canucks games.[9] At the end of games in which he has been named one of the three stars, he has been known to give away his goalie stick to a fan in the crowd.[9] In the summer of 2009, he hosted the Roberto Luongo Golf Open to benefit Montreal Children's Hospital, Sainte-Justine Hospital, and a seniors centre network in Saint-Léonard.[9]

This guy is so misinformed that its not even funny

Florida wanted to keep Lu but he was asking more than they could afford so they traded him. He stayed in Vancouver because of the contract they offered him which was the richest in the NHL at that time. HE would have goen FA if they hadn't.

HIs cap hit has nothing to do with a discount but is because of the way the deal was structured. His contract is a major impediment to the team in trying to deal him because of up-front cost, NTC, length of term and now under the new CBA the penalty to the cap if he retires early. Explain how his contract was a discount?

Point 3 - so is it the team mates that pay his salary? "Pump his tires"? Shout LUUUUUU? THe stick salute at the end of the game adn MG and Hank thanking all the fans after the lockout was just a smoke screen?

I never said he was a bad person and his charity work is admirable. I was simply replying ot a poster who was making Lu out to be here for the love of Vancouver and the team when he is in fact here because of the $$.

#143 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Funny, I don't see anywhere in that direct quote of MG's that there is a trade deal in place for Luo. Just merely more folks reading stuff into words that don't say that at all.

Baaaaaaa...., indeed.

You're being deliberately obtuse.

MG's response was a direct response to a question regarding the trading of Lu.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 05 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#144 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

You're being deliverately obtuse.

And that's not the question he answered. Gillis is a master of not answering stupid questions by media who are going to print or say whatever they want regardless of what Gillis' response is going to be. He and AV and Luo are playing the media right now........because frankly, no matter what any of them say, media and a media-spoon-fed fan base of Luo detractors are going to read whatever they want into their comments anyway. Even when it's not true.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 February 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#145 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

You're being deliberately obtuse.

He still never said Lu, Gillis is very careful what he says to the media, and along with a list of teams im sure Lu would also like to stay here. He has been nothing short of a pro through all this.

Plus im sure the guys in the locker room want him to stay

#146 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

It's hard to prove urself when u get two bad games and get yanked , losing Ur starting position. What a joke. Then guy is not going to be perfect all the friggin time. They are showing zero patience with him and no doubt, I don't care what Schneider is actually saying, it will effect his confidence.

So he's nervous to have the stating position and was gripping the stick a little too tight his first game? I got a great idea. Lets solve that by pulling him it the next five games!!!!!!!

They let Lu " play through his rough patches " for half a decade. They couldn't however let Schneider play through two bad games ?

This man love for luongo is killing the potential in Schneider.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#147 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'll say this again, play a goalie till he loses.

I dont disagree, but when we have to very good #1 goalies i think that does have to play some part into it. teams that have poor or no quality back up are going to ride their #1 goalie win or loss because he gives them the best chance to win night in night out.

With our goalie tandem, both goalies give us a great chance to win each and every night

#148 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Baaaaaaa...., indeed.

I agree, until he actually says "We have a deal in place regarding Roberto Luongo" it could be either of them.

In fact the quote be interpreted differently. “We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is". The "who anybody thinks it is" may not refer to the player on the other team, it could very well be someone on our team as being the player nobody thinks it is (read: Schneider)

Edited by InTheCrease, 05 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

“I played for the Leafs for three years, I’m used to the booing so it won’t affect me” - Kyle Wellwood

#149 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

He still never said Lu, Gillis is very careful what he says to the media, and along with a list of teams im sure Lu would also like to stay here. He has been nothing short of a pro through all this.

Plus im sure the guys in the locker room want him to stay

Boggles the mind aftter all that has been said by Lu, MG , Coryetc that you guys still say Lu wasn't shopped yet you can say with certainty that Lu wants to stay, and the locker room wants him to stay.

I guess those in denial about MG's intent neer played "Connect the Dots" when they were young.

#150 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

I agree, until he actually says "We have a deal in place regarding Roberto Luongo" it could be either of them.

In fact the quote be interpreted differently. “We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is". The bolded may not refer to the player on the other team, it could very well be someone on our team as being the player nobody thinks it is (read: Schneider)

In fact the quote be interpreted differently. “We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is". The bolded may not refer to the player on the other team, it could very well be someone on our team as being the player nobody thinks it is (read: Schneider)

Exactly! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.