The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider's Agent concerned about goalie's playing time

hockeyfan90

It's hard to prove urself when u get two bad games and get yanked , losing Ur starting position. What a joke. Then guy is not going to be perfect all the friggin time. They are showing zero patience with him and no doubt, I don't care what Schneider is actually saying, it will effect his confidence.

So he's nervous to have the stating position and was gripping the stick a little too tight his first game? I got a great idea. Lets solve that by pulling him it the next five games!!!!!!!

They let Lu " play through his rough patches " for half a decade. They couldn't however let Schneider play through two bad games ?

This man love for luongo is killing the potential in Schneider.

You mean like Lu did when he walked from Florida - who gave him his chance in the NHL - to sign the most lucrative contract in the NHL with Vancouver?

Lu is the only "star" on this team that didn't take a discount to play here.

Have you ever heard him refer to the fans when he talks about why he plays or who he plays for? No. He talks about his teammates and himself.

LU is a great goalie and has performed well for Vancouver and I wish him well, but don't paint him as some kind of self-sacrificing martyr for the team.

For the people that are saying that it is Schneider who is complaining, I seriously doubt he is complaining. This is his agent looking out for his own and his clients future. Of course he wants the guy he represents to be the number one goaltender on one of the best teams in the league.

Cory will get games in, my guess is that he starts next game.

For the people that are saying that it is Schneider who is complaining, I seriously doubt he is complaining. This is his agent looking out for his own and his clients future. Of course he wants the guy he represents to be the number one goaltender on one of the best teams in the league.

Cory will get games in, my guess is that he starts next game.

schneider posted a shutout against anaheim the team he got blown out by. Last i checked anaheim is currently 6-1-1. So he played very well against a team who is playing quite well to start the year, they just beat sanjose.

So schneider has deserved to play, even though lou is play very well. If schneider doesnt start thursday i would be shocked and disappointed. This is a stretch in the schedule where both goalies should be playing, as we have multiple days off between games so there is no way fatigue could be an issue, hence why both goalies should play.

I know ppl are saying run with the hot hand, and i dont dismiss that, but what happens if Luo wins another 6 games straight? or vice a versa. You have to give both your goalies some playing time to keep them both sharp, and happy given the current situation

ha, nice. Thinking Schneider is getting 36 games in a compressed 48 game season is absurd. There's about 7-8 goalies who are going to get that workload, and none of them having Roberto Luongo as a backup. Nor would ANY of them work that load if they did. I imagine it'll be a 28-20 split, and I don't know who is going to come out on top, but Schneider should be happy with either this year. It's going to be a bad year for exhausted goalies who don't have good backups to rely on. 3 games in 4 days being not unusual, with some teams playing twice in 24 hours more than once this season.

Huge leaps and assumptions were made by people and by the media which continues to fuel a firestorm and &^%! show that came out of something that was never said. IT. WAS. NEVER. SAID. OR. EVEN. IMPLIED. That all came from people and the media putting their own spin on it at a time when everyone, including Luo, was horribly disappointed at the way the post-season ended.

That is NOT what was basically said and done......not by a long shot. The media took an innocent comment from a crushed goalie and ran with it turning it into something it most clearly was not.

Gillis needs to resolve this asap, this circus is only going to get bigger and bigger and will become a distraction for the team if it isn't already. I don't care who you trade MG, Lu or Schneider, just get it done! If you're not satisfied with what's being offered for Lui, then trade Schneider. Everyone knows you'll get more him.

Mike Liut should keep his ???? trap shut. If you have an issue with playing time you talk to Gillis and Vigneault, not flap your gums in the media to create even more controversy and put pressure on the GM and coach.

What a lowball tactic.

Can people just shut up and let this team continue winning, please?

-He said that it's time to move on

-He talked about how great it'd be to play in Florida again

-He said that he did not expect to be back in Vancouver in August

-Mike Gillis speaks openly about the fact that they're trying to trade him

Yeah, not implied at all. Never.

Strange that you can imply that I'm a troll because I bring up the fact that Zack Kassian's AHL production declined year-over-year, yet you're taking the stance that essentially Roberto has never asked for a trade. Rich.

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Schneider Edler malhotra raymond first

For

3rd rd pick, Holtby, ovechkin

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Ovechkin

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

Weise/Barker

Hamhuis Bieksa

Ballard Garrison

Tanev Vandermeer

Alberts

Luongo

Holtby

#1 PP in NHL

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Ovechkin Garrison

#2 PP unit

Booth Schroeder Higgins

Ballard Tanev

#1 PK in NHL (also leads league in SHG)

Hansen Kesler Burrows

Hamhuis Bieksa

BOOM!! ROLL FOUR LINES

One can dream right???

A deal in place for Roberto Luongo. Quoted from MG. I barely had to Google that. I guess I'm just a sheep for... reading... the comments that came out of the man's mouth. Obviously. Clearly. Maybe this open talk about having a trade for Roberto Luongo was just something I created, then submitted to the news, in MGs voice.

Archived