374 replies to this topic

#181 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

A refusal to respond is just code for 'I've been defeated', I've been on enough forums in my lifetime to know when someone is dodging having to admit that they're wrong.

You would be incorrect. Sometimes the deliberate obtuseness and off-topic drivel just becomes too inane to bother responding to. Trying to lead people around in circles to elicit a response that has already been posted several times just becomes a waste of my time to respond to. You and others have already demonstrated quite clearly the point I was trying to make so there's really no point in heading further down that path. Have a lovely evening.

And do please note, I have not found it necessary to resort to the personal insults you have. Nice touch, that. Well done, thank you for continuing to prove my point.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 05 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#182 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

People need to understand that a players agent is equal to a used car salesman. They will use every trick in the book. Its funny though, Cory got a big raise and his agent got his cut. Whether he is back up or number one, they both gettin paid. Everyone knows its a matter of time before we trade one of our number one goalies. We may keep both till trade deadline. But I would be shooked if we start next year with both. I said it all this offseason, the best senario is Nucks winning the cup with both goalies getting their name on it. Then we will get the best return for whoever we trade.

#183 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Schneider will play and he has been good about this situation.

His agent is speaking out because, obviously, he wants his client to play. The full statement didn't make it seem like they were pouting though. Liut pretty much said they'll deal with it outside of Luongo starting 40+ games.

The media as always is trying to make it a bigger deal than it is.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#184 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I would bet that Schnieder starts in Minny, Lou has been shakey there in the last few years, Give Schnieds his start and lets see what he's got. Also Mike Liut should know better than to spout off to the media! Boo Mike Liut.

This x900,000!

Luongo has been the best goalie this team has ever seen, he's playing hot and handing us wins on a gold plated platter at the moment. If we had brought up an average backup goalie this supposed controversy wouldn't exist but alas this team has been straddled with a great problem to have, two great goalies.

Schnieder has shown potential for the #1 position of a hockey team but ladies and gentlemen Elvis has not left the building.

As far as I'm concerned when you have two #1 goalies you play them as a tandem. Back-to-back games, fatigue, and poor play should be deciding factors that dictate when you switch goalies BUT you always ride the hot goalie be it Luongo or Schnieder. Duh duh duh. Luit should keep his concerns out the media spotlight, if anything is going to turn a great problem into a disaster it will be a souring of player relations.

I think all of the above is uncontroversial common-sense.

And I say all this even though, as a fan, I'd prefer to see Luongo retire here. I'm also leery about just how well Schnieder has proved himself. Yes he's played some huge games and came up big but does that entitle him to be invested into the Big Show for the next 10 years? I leave such questions to Mr,MG not the rabid CDC forum.

#185 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

+1 Buddy, Have a great day, How could you not?

Just picked up some new crayons so all is well with the world.

#186 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Remember when Lu's agent went to every media outlet and mentioned Lu's playing time when AV went with Schnieds?!

Oh,,,wait a sec.

Team game Mike.

Show some class.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#187 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Huge leaps and assumptions were made by people and by the media which continues to fuel a firestorm and &^%! show that came out of something that was never said. IT. WAS. NEVER. SAID. OR. EVEN. IMPLIED. That all came from people and the media putting their own spin on it at a time when everyone, including Luo, was horribly disappointed at the way the post-season ended.

That is NOT what was basically said and done......not by a long shot. The media took an innocent comment from a crushed goalie and ran with it turning it into something it most clearly was not.

Pray tell why Messrs. Gillis and Gilman did not put a full stop to any media speculation ASAP?
Why did Gillis not go on the TEAM and say that we understand that Roberto may feel slighted and we understand his position and we will do everything we can to have him retain his full position within this club going forward?
Ah,yes. Gillis is the one in control here,not the media.

#188 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

It's a shortened season and every win matters almost twice as much as it did last season. I'm sure most can understand Lu, having the hot streak he has, is giving the team a better chance to win games as of now.

Liut's comments are so unnecessary as Schneider will get his time to play soon enough and earn his starts just like Lu. We're just going with the hotter goaltender right now. Schneider got 6 straight games last season, so this shouldn't be alarming at all..

He's stirring up this fabricated goalie comtroversy even more than before. Pretty unprofessional on his part.

#189 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Oh MG. You are amazeballs:

"We are conscious of ice time and we have to win games," he said. "We don't have the luxury of peoples' feelings."

Posted Image

#190 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

lu is hot....keep it going....if it aint broke....

#191 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

"We are conscious of ice time and we have to win games," he said. "We don't have the luxury of peoples' feelings."

This could be construed as not trusting Cory to win games. It would have been better if he had said nothing.

#192 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I wonder what he would say if you said to him "this isn't sports representation where everything is handed to you without merit, we have hockey games to win and Roberto is on fire and EARNING his starts"

He would probably freak out and say "frack you.. I've earned every damn thing I have!!!!!"

This guy is an idiot, he just gave the whiney Vancouver fan base something to hold on to and bring up every time he struggles throughout his career. These things follow guys their entire careers and he just fed the media "goalie controversy" fire a giant splash of gasoline.

Does he thinks this lights a fire under the GM and coach? They are the effin bosses and aren't going to change team direction because of a whiney agent. If anything, having to answer questions about the agents comments is going to put a sour taste in their mouths. MG and AV are professionals though and won't let that sour taste cloud their judgement on what's best for the team.

#193 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Whose expectations? Was it written into his contract? Obviously Liut spoke ill-advisedly to the press and is now regretting it, refusing further interviews. Again, where is this "Cory was guaranteed 75% of the starts for this team this season"?

I would suggest that when a goalie signs a 3 yr / $12 million deal there is an expectation that he is going to be the starter. It's not unreasonable to assume that they would be playing 75% of the games.

I think that Canucks management is handling this poorly - they have 2 starting goalies and only 1 net. MG needs to make a decision soon.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#194 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Not too worried, although the comment was grossly unprofessional. If Schneider blindly trusted his agent, there is no way he would have signed without testing the RFA market. I'm perfectly confident that Schneider has the maturity and mental toughness to handle not starting for 4 games in a row.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#195 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

They signed schneider to the money he deserves... but i never heard from GMMG or AV that he is the starter. Schneider will get his shot again when Lui cools off... I also look at the canucks as a team and I don't see distractions. In fact they look like a team that is really gelling together and they r having fun doing what their doing.

"It was a mutual understanding that it was time for Cory to take over." -Roberto Luongo

Mutually meaning by GMMG and Luongo

#196 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Who cares, the media can twist it into a trust issue all they want. We just gave him a 4million dollar contract and said he's the one staying, I'm pretty sure we trust him. Cory knows damn well why Lu is playing and it's because he's red hot. It's the same system we had last year. We didnt put Lu right back in there when Cory was red hot last year. There will be stretches where both goalies play throughout the year and its not a controversy, it's the Canucks trying to win hockey games while we have 2 goalies.

#197 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Things should cool down for a while if Cory gets the start in Minny. If he plays good I'm sure he will start next game and if he doesn't then it will most likely go back to Lu.

If they start Lu again in Minny then that is a big mistake imo.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#198 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

This could be construed as not trusting Cory to win games. It would have been better if he had said nothing.

I thought that that quote expressly meant that the team must win games.

Posted Image

#199 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

"It was a mutual understanding that it was time for Cory to take over." -Roberto Luongo
Mutually meaning by GMMG and Luongo

Luongo is the employee.
Gillis and Gilman and the .org makes that decision.
Luo wants to be a #1.

#200 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Who cares, the media can twist it into a trust issue all they want. We just gave him a 4million dollar contract and said he's the one staying, I'm pretty sure we trust him. Cory knows damn well why Lu is playing and it's because he's red hot. It's the same system we had last year. We didnt put Lu right back in there when Cory was red hot last year. There will be stretches where both goalies play throughout the year and its not a controversy, it's the Canucks trying to win hockey games while we have 2 goalies.

This. I'm not opposed to keeping Luongo for the rest of the year. Making both goalies earn their starts is better for the team, and better for Schneider in the long run. It's only a problem if the team isn't winning.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#201 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Schneiders agent is not Schneider..

If Schneider didn't feel this way he would be telling his agent to stfu, cause his agent is making him look pretty bad right now

#202 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

After Lou got pulled in last years playoffs he wanted out right? thats the ultimate in whinning.

he never said "I want to be traded" he said if they ASKED him to waive his NTC he would say yes. So they obviously never asked him to or he'd be gone by now. He's won back the starting job

#203 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

If Schneider didn't feel this way he would be telling his agent to stfu, cause his agent is making him look pretty bad right now

We have no way of knowing whether or not this is happening. Schneider may just be mature enough to have this discussion in private.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#204 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Agents should just shut up! Just like the backup should accept his role and play when needed, and that way maybe outperform the starter!

first of all who is our back up.... and second of all nothing wrong with the agent stepping in and speaking his mind... its a good tactic...

and thirdly, both goalies have acepted their roles... not their fault this situation exists... its managagement... and lastly management flat out told shneider he is the starter don't get mad at the agent for trying to sell his guy....
Posted Image

#205 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

It's not Schneider's job to make sure his agent keeps quiet the agent a professional should know to never open his mouth about a clien'ts icetime or how he is being used by the organization the only time their useful is during free agency and re-signing period

#206 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this was TSN reaching out to Liut so they have a story to print rather than the other way around. Sadly people will think this is Cory "whining". Like others have said the media has no qualms creating sensationalist articles when it brings them a few more page hits on an otherwise slow hockey news day.

#207 geo02

geo02

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Liut could not have been more professional and non divisive in my opinion. I think we could have
a great story in the making. Louie is very responsible for helping Schneids become a #1 goalie.
In my opinion there is no 1 and 1A. They are both #1.

If possible, like football needs to great QBs in case of injury, if we can at all make the numbers work,
two #1 goaltenders are the most important part of a team. So the media, the fans, the team admin should do everything we can to make Louie and Schneids feel part of something totally unique
and ongoing.

#208 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

I thought that that quote expressly meant that the team must win games.

...and playing Cory won't allow them to do that?

Reporter: "Cory is apparently upset he isnt getting more starts".
MG : "We need to win games"

Insinuates Cory does not give them a chance to win.

MG should not have bit on this question. It just adds fuel to the Liut comments and gives the press more fodder.

#209 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Liut could not have been more professional and non divisive in my opinion. I think we could have
a great story in the making. Louie is very responsible for helping Schneids become a #1 goalie.
In my opinion there is no 1 and 1A. They are both #1.

If possible, like football needs to great QBs in case of injury, if we can at all make the numbers work,
two #1 goaltenders are the most important part of a team. So the media, the fans, the team admin should do everything we can to make Louie and Schneids feel part of something totally unique
and ongoing.

As much as we'd like this to happen, with Schneider's new contract we now have 9.3 million dollars in cap money tied up in our goaltending. one of them is going to go, maybe not this year but in the offseason

#210 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

first of all who is our back up.... and second of all nothing wrong with the agent stepping in and speaking his mind... its a good tactic...

and thirdly, both goalies have acepted their roles... not their fault this situation exists... its managagement... and lastly management flat out told shneider he is the starter don't get mad at the agent for trying to sell his guy....

organization didn't say crap.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.