#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

POPULAR

Not only has AV done a great job handling the goaltending situation, he has found ways for us to win games without some of are best forwards (booth,Kesler). Last game caught my eye as it in my opinion was one of AV's best coached games of his career. I enjoyed the fact that he changed the lines a little for last night game, Moving weise down to the 4th and Lapierre up to the third, where he belongs. I also think Schroeder will handle himself better on the top 6 then the bottom 6. The best move AV did in the whole game was temoprary change of Burrows and Kassian. Zach had no spark in the first so it is intelligant of AV to move them around. Kassian will probs learn his lesson and be back on the first next game. I also enjoyed the chemistry that Higgins and Lapierre were developing throughout the game, as AV gave Lapierre more then a period on the third line for once. I think AV has to stick wth these line for some time so they can develope chemistry, the lines next game should look like this.
Seins-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins
Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Also I just want to point out 2 things, I think AV should consider giving Tanev a promotion after the goal last night and his display of composure throughout his young career.

And also I just want to point out that Higgins stepped up when put with Lapierre last game, and the reason i thought that lapierre deserves this 3rd line oppurtunity is cause his stats arent bad.Hes played a game and a half on the 3rd line this season and he is a plus 1, he somehow also got a goal playing with Manny and Volpatti playing with a groin injury which is not an easy task to do.

#2 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

POPULAR

He should have been canned like 3 years ago.

#3 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I agree on the lines here. But I really hope Higgins could produce a little more offense. He is one of those characters that need to be able to step up at a time like this, with the injuries, and make something happen. And although I like Kassian on the first with the Sedins - it was ice to see Burr there again.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#4 gocanucks1916

gocanucks1916

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Missed the EDM game (I'm in Europe) but I've always thought AV got waaaay more hate than he deserves. Nice to see him get some praise!

I like those lines. From day 1 I thought Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen would be a nice trio. The problem is if Kassian is with the twins, it pushes Burrows to the 3rd line, which I think is under-utilizing him.

Edited by gocanucks1916, 05 February 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

It would be nice to see us win a cup with AV.

Say what you wan't about him, but he's been here to watch and help the Sedins, Eddy, Kes and Burr grow up.
We couldn't score at all in 06/07 and we got 49 wins, yes 75% of that goes to Luongo , but he was able to implement a defensive system and really gave us an identity. We had Jan Bulis on that team, he made do with what he got.

Him preaching defense got Kes and Burr to where they are now, probably set up Kassian for years to come, given Tanev time to develop, and has greatly Helped Jordan Schroeder.

Yes boys, Jordan Schroeder got 18 minutes last night.
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#6 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

POPULAR

BOOOOO!

Fire AV.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#7 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

POPULAR

So I guess you think MG is an idiot? Then shouldn't he like be canned as well?

#8 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

POPULAR

The man got us to the stanley cup 2 years ago and he is going to take us back their this season.

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

POPULAR

Too bad we can't can Fans... I know who would be first to go
Posted Image

#10 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

POPULAR

Anyone that says fire AV does not have a clue. Nice thread, praise the man! ::D
Posted Image

#11 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

I just hope Kass doesn't get buried on the 3rd line with Burr moving up with the twins and Hansen playing on the 2nd..

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#12 darthryan

darthryan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I just hope Kass doesn't get buried on the 3rd line with Burr moving up with the twins and Hansen playing on the 2nd..

hahah this is exactly what AV is going to do :D
:towel: Posted Image :towel:

#13 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

hahah this is exactly what AV is going to do :D

I know, our leading goal scorer and he probably won't be in the top 6 now because Hansen had a good game last night....watch his confidence slowly fade and him become really inconsistent again.

Maybe AV will prove me wrong though and make a smart decision.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#14 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

POPULAR

Anyone that says fire AV does not have a clue. Nice thread, praise the man! ::D

You have no clue. AV should not be the coach of this team.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#15 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

The problem is if Kassian is with the twins, it pushes Burrows to the 3rd line, which I think is under-utilizing him.

At a grinding time like this for our team, with the injuries on offense and the big trade waiting to happen and give us the help we need - I think Burrows on the 3rd line is a good fit as he can agitate, irritate and pickpocket his way underneath the opposition's jersey. He is the kinda guy that can do that - and will for some reasonable periods of time, as he is a Canuck with a big C and will give his all for the team.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#16 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yah cause players automatically deserve ice time rather than having to earn it :rolleyes: Playing behind Hansen and Burr would be good for Kassian to see what it takes to bring it each every game. Hopefully he will emulate those two guy's work ethic, and if he does, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be on the Canucks first line for years to come.

Coaches on losing teams have the luxury of slapping undeserving players on to the ice for as much time as they want... Coaches of Competing teams must think about winning. Kassian will be fine on the third line or the second line or whatever line the coach wants him to play on because whatever Kassian's role is, his first priority is helping the team win not inflating his stats or counting his ice time.
Posted Image

#17 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

lol canucks are sucking - fire av, fire gillis
canucks win - gillis is god, gillis is a genius
???? ridiculous

#18 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

AV is one of the best coaches in the NHL whether some Canuck fans like it or not. Does Detroit make it to the SCF every year? Hellz no, yet Babcock is often considered The best coach by many. AV has always switched lines around and found combinations that work, and on the go. He is a terrific coach for seeing who is working on a given night and who is not. Kassian wasn't getting it done, same with the Sedins, so he went back with Burr and they got an extra jump in their step. This is not new, AV has done this year after year, which is a large reason why he is so good as a coach. We will not be firing him any time soon. If we ever did other teams would be falling all over the place to sign him. That says something, no? Like to see some praise for the coach, good thread OP. :towel:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#19 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

POPULAR

"AV hates young players!! Fire him!" :frantic:

But Kassian, Tanev and Schroeder are getting plenty of playing time, opportunity and even put in important situations. Maybe AV gives young players time and opportunity when they EARN it...?

"AV Hates Ballard and doesn't know how to use him!" :frantic:

But Ballard's been playing a much better game and AV even put him and Tanev (a young guy :shock: ) out in the last minute of OT last night. Maybe he has a better handle on players and their capabilities than panicky, uninformed CDC members....?

Guy is a great coach. Period.

Edited by J.R., 05 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Forget trying to reason with the AV Haters... Haters gonna hate but AV still gets paid and guess what you Haters are part of who pays his salary.

Posted Image

Edited by Aladeen, 05 February 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

POPULAR

Realistically, Gillis can't get away with firing Vig after back to back President's trophy seasons, but I would like to see him removed at the earliest possible convenience. He's not a straight shooter, nor is he a team player in my opinion.

Au revoir.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#22 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

AV's a great coach,
AV prefers a controlled systematic style
some fans just want run and gun hockey

I want Lappy and burrows playing together. they will create chances with there grinding style

#23 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I share the same concern.

The team has been struggling. It''s understandable AV is trying to get them clicking but going back to what has given regular season success but playoff failure would be a shame.

The Sedins and Burrows have been great but in the playoffs, too often, completely man-handled and shut down. That was the whole purpose of having a guy like Kassian on the1st line.

Same with the goalies. Sure Lu has played well but aside form the opening game (where the entire team pooped the bed) Schneider has played very well. Why not platoon them so they can both get in a groove and be ready when it counts?

AV is a good coach but he is definitely a "what works now" coach when this team needs to be working towards what will work in May.

#24 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

POPULAR

This team could do a lot better with a good coach. AV is holding back this team's potential.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#25 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

This team could do a lot better with a good coach. AV is holding back this team's potential.

Exactly, he doesn't get the max out of his players here. He lets petty personal feelings govern his actions.

Get him outa here already!

Edited by Keke Mortson's helmet, 05 February 2013 - 12:29 PM.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#26 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yah cause players automatically deserve ice time rather than having to earn it :rolleyes: Playing behind Hansen and Burr would be good for Kassian to see what it takes to bring it each every game. Hopefully he will emulate those two guy's work ethic, and if he does, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be on the Canucks first line for years to come.

Coaches on losing teams have the luxury of slapping undeserving players on to the ice for as much time as they want... Coaches of Competing teams must think about winning. Kassian will be fine on the third line or the second line or whatever line the coach wants him to play on because whatever Kassian's role is, his first priority is helping the team win not inflating his stats or counting his ice time.

You missed the part where Kass is the leading goal scorer, and thus not automatically deserving ice time.
He has earned first line minute. If he doesn't score a goal every night that doesn't mean it's necessary to send him down to the third line.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#27 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

You missed the part where Kass is the leading goal scorer, and thus not automatically deserving ice time.
He has earned first line minute. If he doesn't score a goal every night that doesn't mean it's necessary to send him down to the third line.

Yah except you missed the part last night where Kassian was practicling gift wrapping the puck to the oilers. Not resposible defensively? there is no way you deserve to play against the other team's top lines. Yes Kassian has produced but unfortunately he was awful in that game so that is why he was demoted period.
Posted Image

#28 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

He's a solid coach.

Posted Image

#29 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Edited by TheGame., 05 February 2013 - 12:49 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#30 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

I share the same concern.

The team has been struggling. It''s understandable AV is trying to get them clicking but going back to what has given regular season success but playoff failure would be a shame.

The Sedins and Burrows have been great but in the playoffs, too often, completely man-handled and shut down. That was the whole purpose of having a guy like Kassian on the1st line.

Same with the goalies. Sure Lu has played well but aside form the opening game (where the entire team pooped the bed) Schneider has played very well. Why not platoon them so they can both get in a groove and be ready when it counts?

AV is a good coach but he is definitely a "what works now" coach when this team needs to be working towards what will work in May.

You are aware he can change the lines on the fly? If we're in a game/in the playoffs and the twins are getting pushed around, there's no reason why he couldn't or won't put Kassian back with them... temporary or otherwise.

Same with the goalies. If one is having an off game, he can pull that guy and put the other one in.

It's called coaching folks...lol
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.