The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I would like to praise AV

406281dylan

BTW, yes Kassian is scoring lots of goals, but the Sedins look lost and confused out there with him on the ice. The second Burrows was placed back on that line, they started to click. Burrows is smart, he understands the Sedins. Burrows gets it, he doesnt just go to the front of the net and stand there and wait for a tip in...Kudos to Kassian. I think hes doing great. But we need Burrows back on that line.

I'm sorry but when it comes to the playoffs and the intensity per each game is more immense, AV has not showed his ability to adapt to changes or motivate the players. Even after games when they're asked what the coach had to say, and they mention how he didn't talk to the group...it really makes you wonder how much a good coach could unleash the capability of this team.

Yes the veterans of the team lead our group of players, but we need a coach that can motivate and inspire our players give it their all when it comes to playoff games instead of looking disoriented.

The lack of communication he has with his players was shown when Schneider said that he wasn't contacted by AV when Lu was given the nod for the Hawks game. This kind of communication has to happen, to show he has trust in all his players.

And Bones and Brown should be dumped. Our PP is way too predictable every game (see PP %) and besides our third pairing our top 4 D have looked like bottom pairing guys. Our defence always looks the most weak in the playoffs, when we need it the most.

I'm sorry but when it comes to the playoffs and the intensity per each game is more immense, AV has not showed his ability to adapt to changes or motivate the players. Even after games when they're asked what the coach had to say, and they mention how he didn't talk to the group...it really makes you wonder how much a good coach could unleash the capability of this team.

Yes the veterans of the team lead our group of players, but we need a coach that can motivate and inspire our players give it their all when it comes to playoff games instead of looking disoriented.

The lack of communication he has with his players was shown when Schneider said that he wasn't contacted by AV when Lu was given the nod for the Hawks game. This kind of communication has to happen, to show he has trust in all his players.

And Bones and Brown should be dumped. Our PP is way too predictable every game (see PP %) and besides our third pairing our top 4 D have looked like bottom pairing guys. Our defence always looks the most weak in the playoffs, when we need it the most.

Vigneault is one of this franchise's best-ever coaches, when he's done here they should put a statue of him out there next to Neilson...it will be of him laughing at Fiddler's Bieksa impression.

Agreed, some people don't get it and are fine with Presidents Trophy's. Look at AV's record in the playoffs even before he coached the nucks.

I'd prefer the lines to be(when Kesler and Booth return)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Laprierre/Manny-Weise/Laprierre

Manny

Weise

Second line would be such a difficult line to deal with, with two Power Forwards, and a Selke winning Two Way Defenseman, First Line seems a bit more natural after watching Burrows play last game with the Sedins, and the Third Line is probably one of the speediest lines ever conceived :bigblush:

The Fourth Line is the only line I have trouble deciding on, and defensive pairings seem to get more difficult to construct as the games go on.

Really this team needs to be confident in where they are playing, that's why I think AV did a good job last night, but I can say the offensive struggle as of late probably has something to do with the constant line juggling game to game.

Not only has AV done a great job handling the goaltending situation, he has found ways for us to win games without some of are best forwards (booth,Kesler). Last game caught my eye as it in my opinion was one of AV's best coached games of his career. I enjoyed the fact that he changed the lines a little for last night game, Moving weise down to the 4th and Lapierre up to the third, where he belongs. I also think Schroeder will handle himself better on the top 6 then the bottom 6. The best move AV did in the whole game was temoprary change of Burrows and Kassian. Zach had no spark in the first so it is intelligant of AV to move them around. Kassian will probs learn his lesson and be back on the first next game. I also enjoyed the chemistry that Higgins and Lapierre were developing throughout the game, as AV gave Lapierre more then a period on the third line for once. I think AV has to stick wth these line for some time so they can develope chemistry, the lines next game should look like this.

Seins-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Also I just want to point out 2 things, I think AV should consider giving Tanev a promotion after the goal last night and his display of composure throughout his young career.

And also I just want to point out that Higgins stepped up when put with Lapierre last game, and the reason i thought that lapierre deserves this 3rd line oppurtunity is cause his stats arent bad.Hes played a game and a half on the 3rd line this season and he is a plus 1, he somehow also got a goal playing with Manny and Volpatti playing with a groin injury which is not an easy task to do.

It would be nice to see us win a cup with AV.

Say what you wan't about him, but he's been here to watch and help the Sedins, Eddy, Kes and Burr grow up.

We couldn't score at all in 06/07 and we got 49 wins, yes 75% of that goes to Luongo , but he was able to implement a defensive system and really gave us an identity. We had Jan Bulis on that team, he made do with what he got.

Him preaching defense got Kes and Burr to where they are now, probably set up Kassian for years to come, given Tanev time to develop, and has greatly Helped Jordan Schroeder.

Yes boys, Jordan Schroeder got 18 minutes last night.

Not only has AV done a great job handling the goaltending situation, he has found ways for us to win games without some of are best forwards (booth,Kesler). Last game caught my eye as it in my opinion was one of AV's best coached games of his career. I enjoyed the fact that he changed the lines a little for last night game, Moving weise down to the 4th and Lapierre up to the third, where he belongs. I also think Schroeder will handle himself better on the top 6 then the bottom 6. The best move AV did in the whole game was temoprary change of Burrows and Kassian. Zach had no spark in the first so it is intelligant of AV to move them around. Kassian will probs learn his lesson and be back on the first next game. I also enjoyed the chemistry that Higgins and Lapierre were developing throughout the game, as AV gave Lapierre more then a period on the third line for once. I think AV has to stick wth these line for some time so they can develope chemistry, the lines next game should look like this.

Seins-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Also I just want to point out 2 things, I think AV should consider giving Tanev a promotion after the goal last night and his display of composure throughout his young career.

And also I just want to point out that Higgins stepped up when put with Lapierre last game, and the reason i thought that lapierre deserves this 3rd line oppurtunity is cause his stats arent bad.Hes played a game and a half on the 3rd line this season and he is a plus 1, he somehow also got a goal playing with Manny and Volpatti playing with a groin injury which is not an easy task to do.

A thread I started in May of last year. Does anyone else think it accurately applies to our season so far? It seems to me that AV is not making the minor changes needed to maximize the potential of the team as I originally thought him capable. I am on the fence, if we were to have a suitable replacement in the wings, I think I would be ok with seeing a new bench boss.

Archived